Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
To those that have done the language assessment. How did you find it? What questions were asked / How were you assessed? How long is it? What kind of proficiency do they look for? Andddd finally... :tongue: to those that have passed it, have you received a start date yet? Sorry for the bombardment of questions, just want to know what I'm going to face, badly want to pass this :) Thanks!
-
- 4 replies
- 259 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey, Little topic for anyone on here on the July intake? Who's in it or hoping to be on it? Once I've passed all my little medical, vetting and references forms etc that'll be me heading there. Finally!!! Anyone else?
-
-
- 21 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I am struggling with the questions on the Police Scotland application (applying for Specials). I am able to answer all question apart from question 3, however, some of my answers are very vague and I only have those experiences to fall back on thus meaning I am screwed if the interviewer asks ''so tell me of another time when you have; used your initiative/worked in a team/shown respect to diversity", clearly my life experience is little if I am struggling or finding difficulty to give answers. Any advice on what to do? P.S - I am looking into the Royal Military Police (RMP) Reserves for experience but would rather just go for Special Constables. I do think I will …
-
-
- 11 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm not even at tulliallan yet never mind near passing out, but just a question that I got asked by my family and was wondering hahaah! What happens at passing out and how many guests are you allowed to invite?:)
-
Hi, anyone else been offered a place at tulliallan. Starting on the 17th August? anyone know what the week1 week6 fitness test are/times thanks
-
-
- 5 replies
- 286 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi folks, Not sure if this is in the right place - feel free to move it if needs be and apologies if so! On Monday evening I had an assessment/interview for a dispatch position and sadly didn't make it through to interview because I 'failed' the priority assessment by not putting an AWOL elderly lady to the top of my list. Apparently this was the most important assessment (and in retrospect it made a lot of sense after I got over being cros at a silly mistake!) but at interview stage, without knowledge of individual area protocol, how are you meant to know priorities? Before my interview I did a lot of research and managed to find the guidelines for prioritising incid…
-
-
- 4 replies
- 390 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey guys, Had my day 2 on November 25th - Passed My file is currently in vetting it seems like I've been waiting for ages anyone in the same boat as me?
-
-
- 86 replies
- 3.8k views
- 8 followers
-
-
Just been assessing my options if i'm to relocate to another area. Joining the Mod police and looking into the options of accommodation. I have applied to be posted in Scotland, and commute back to the northeast England on days off. Would b&b's be a viable option?
-
Hi, My career goal is to be a Police Constable with either; Police Scotland, British Transport Police (BTP), or the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC). However, my life experience is little to none. I have looked in my area for customer based work as that was highly recommended to me by my lecturer who was previously in Strathclyde Police, but unfortunately have not came across anything. However, I am considering joining the Royal Military Police (RMP) Reserves for the next 4/5 years while I am still studying at college, and hopefully soon University. I am going down to visit the RMP Reserves Center next Monday to see if the Reserves is definitely for me as I understand th…
-
Hello everyone, New to the forum but been following for a while, from Ealing in London. Met Police PC applicant waiting for forms to be sent to the vetting unit after my day two last year. Be great to know if anyone is in a similar position. Thanks.
-
- 0 replies
- 185 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am currently going through the process to become a Police Constable and on Friday I attended the medical & fitness test part of the process. The drugs and hearing tests all went brilliant but when I had the meeting with the GP he explained at the end of the meeting that because of a history with Bulimia, (this was 8yrs ago with a brief thought recurring in 2010) along with a period off work with stress in 2012 due to 5 friends dying and financial worries, I have had to be referred to an independent psychiatric doctor to make sure I'm not 'high risk' and up to the job. Has anybody else been in a similar position and should I be worried? All of these issues are…
-
- 4 replies
- 356 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Anyone transferring to WM on their recent new recruit/transferee drive?
-
-
- 16 replies
- 745 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Afternoon guys, is there anybody on here who was on the Inverness selection days last week? Trying to gauge who was successful. Cheers Chris
-
- 3 replies
- 250 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was just wondering if anyone could help me. Basically a month or so ago I sent off my police application and I still have not heard anything back or had a update except that they shut the applications on the 7th of June.. I know there are alot of candidates and it will take a long amount of time, but I'm not 100% sure on what's supposed to happen nex tor the time frame I should be looking at? Thanks alot.
-
Hi, just wondering if people could post which forces will accept a SEARCH score. Also, College of Police rules seem to state that if you have passed SEARCH you are successful and any interview is only applicable to the force to which you are applying and not general rules.. So do you think that according to College of Police rules you don't have to wait 6 months to transfer?
-
- 2 replies
- 393 views
- 1 follower
-