Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. f40spider1
    Started by f40spider1,

    Hi guys and girls, just wondering if there's anyone out there who has got their day 1 assessment with the Met at ESB on 11th May. Got my email through today. Little nervous about interview and the new competency framework. Would be good to hear from you. Which boroughs and stuff you've put down.

  2. jim2014
    Started by jim2014 * ,

    Anybody apply for this or know if Surrey Police is a good move to get the stripes? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 480 views
  3. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Has anyone received today or this week the 24th August intake offer by email or phone?

    Robbo221546621329
  4. DaveG_87
    Started by DaveG_87,

    Hello Everyone/anyone.. Wanted to start an up to date topic for those who are awaiting vetting clearance for Warwickshire/West Mercia Police. Who else is waiting for clearance? Has anyone received start dates yet? I was told that intakes would be once or twice a month until December. In case anyone would like for personal reference, my timeline is as follows; Applied 14/10/14 | AC 10/12/14 | Force Interview 17/02/15 | Medical & Uniform fitting 23/03/15 | Fitness 30/03/15 | Final Vetting Forms sent 29/04/15 | Waiting..

  5. FutureSearcher
    Started by FutureSearcher * ,

    Hello all, As you can probably guess by the title of this post I am seriously considering applying to my local force when they reopen their PC applications/recruitments. Yet, looking around the forum it seems like UK Policing is on the decline in morale... So I now ask you all openly and honestly (as you can be) to please let me have any advice/guidance/information that you have that could be of use to someone who wishes to follow in your footsteps. Such as: any particular reading before applying? General advice? Good sides? Bad sides? Plus any "Inside" experience that you could possibly share on what effect being a PC has on your social life? Thanks, -…

    • 4 replies
    • 756 views
  6. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hi, just had my language test today, hopefully I meet the standard. My question to all that have done the test (and passed)... Have you received a start date yet? And could you tell me how long it took to get an intake? Thanks

    holder of equality
  7. T_smith
    Started by T_smith * ,

    Hi, My names Tom and I am in vetting awaiting my MSC start date in November. If anyone else is doing the same or becoming a Special soon with the Met it would be great to share our progress. T.

  8. Slomocop
    Started by Slomocop,

    Hi Guys, First time poster here... I've been using this site a lot since I've applied to join the Met police but haven't posted yet, till now. I received an email yesterday, it gave me a start date for internal CKP placement in September, and on finishing that it mentioned that it is anticipated I join the MPS as a PC in October. This is subject to completing the CKP course, satisfactory references and any other relevant pre-conditions. On the same email (what seems like another email just added to the bottom) it mentions I have been given a conditional offer of place on the police training course and confitional offer of appointment as a PC. The email isn't as clear…

  9. bdt1977
    Started by bdt1977,

    Hello to all. I am hoping to chat with anyone who is scheduled for September 2015 intake in the Met. After such a long wait I'm really looking froward to getting started and would be interested in hearing about anyone else's experiences of the recruitment process up to now as well as sharing my own. It would be great to hear from anyone who has already commenced upon, or completed their training recently, and who would be happy to share advice or pointers. Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing from you

  10. f40spider1
    Started by f40spider1,

    Hi guys and girls, wondering if anyone on here is starting with the Met as a DDO in the next month or so. Would be good to hear from you :-)

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 405 views
  11. cdk1984
    Started by cdk1984,

    Anyone else going through the Essex transferee recruitment process at the moment? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. mike88
    Started by mike88 +,
    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. mactoon
    Started by mactoon * ,

    I'm starting soon with Lincs police (October), I'm just wondering if any body has any tips on what non-standard issue equipment I should be looking to buy in preparation? Also, are there any study books I should be looking out for? Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 726 views
  14. Brum1546620863
    Started by Brum1546620863,

    I achieved 70% at the AC in March 2014, passed the final interview but was unfortunately never selected. At this point, my AC score is about 16 months old. As far as I know, the window to transfer it shuts at 12 months. Any hope I can transfer this to another region?

    Brum1546620863
  15. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

    To all potential MDP Transferee's please read on: A mate of mine is currently on week 3 of his 8 week transferee course at MDP Weathersfield. He along with 27 transferee's undertook their qualification shoot today after only picking a weapon up for the first time in his life 4 days ago. He along with 6 others including an ex HO firearms officer failed on different aspects of today and are now left in limbo. There are allegations of pettiness and OTT behaviour by the MDP firearms instructors who were not as helpful as he'd hoped and that he now fears for his career as he has financial commitments as we all do. I've told him to try come back to the Met. He finds out tomor…

    kennyross1078

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.