Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, I wondered if there are any other members on here due to commence their training at Hindlip on the 1st of Sept as SPO? This could possibly be for both Warwickshire and West Mercia, I'm not too sure... I will be in South Warks after training. I cannot wait to get this journey underway! It's so exciting and terrifying all at the same time [emoji3] I applied at the end of October 2014 and got offered my place on mid July 2015. Thanks and congratulations! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
I thought I'd start this forum up as I and many other people have received an email from the Metropolitan Police saying applications are now on hold especially as I have completed everything that is to be completed and just waiting on start date just like to get peoples thoughts on this and maybe try and do something about it because I think this is terrible as people spend loads of money on courses and medical bills Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
-
-
- 146 replies
- 9.6k views
- 13 followers
-
-
Dear All, Hi, im new to this forum and wanted to join and ask peoples advice. I am looking at applying to the Police Fast Track Scheme during the next recruitment campaign this year or as a Constable at some point in the next year or so when local forces recruit. My problem is this - I applied to become a PC in summer 2012 with my chosen force having just come out of Law School only to go through the whole process of application interviews etc to be told that i had failed vetting (I had been a Special and full time support staff for this force before leaving to go to University for 3 years). When i called to find out exactly why i had failed - I was treated quite shoc…
-
hi all just about to start my initial training - does anyone know if the we have a fitness test at the start or is it more towards the end? thanks
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have spent the past couple of weeks or so organising things to apply to Police Scotland as a PC, I have completed my application form and have been filling in the required vetting form. To help me do this I had went to the civic centre in Livingston and applied for a subject access request for any information held on file for myself from both the Police National Computer and the Scottish Criminal History System. I have received my information back and all it shows was an outstanding fine due to my father transferring a vehicle into my name but not declaring sorn (due to a terminal illness he has been sorting things out but failed to tell me about transferring it or th…
-
Hi All, I'm heading to the recruitment insight event at fettes on next week. Thoroughly looking forward to it! Anyone else here going as well?
-
- 0 replies
- 264 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone have a contact number for the MET recruitment team? I need to get hold of my score from the SEARCH assessment centre which I need to transfer it over to a Home Office force. I know the MET don't give out the scores for the assessment centre, however I have been told that they are easily accessible from a spreadsheet from the College of Policing and that the MET do have them.
-
- 15 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi New to the forum I applied to Norfolk Constabulary in August and had my assessment center in October and my fitness test in January. I passed both and was told to expect a final interview and medical in April. However, April has come and gone and I've still not heard anything. I've contacted HR several times and all they've said is that they will be in touch soon. The lack of information is getting very frustrating. I've also heard rumors about recruitment getting pulled due to funding being cut. Is anyone else in the same situation? Has anyone who had the same assessment center/fitness tests already had an interview?
-
- 9 replies
- 640 views
- 5 followers
-
-
I have my interview early next week, and to be honest I'm really worried about it. It's really the presentation, I know no one can say anything about it, and it really is quite a broad topic but I don't want to muck it up after all the long wait. It's been almost just over 18 months till now, and I've been with my current employer nearly 10 years so it's been a long time since I've had an interview. Whilst I know that feeling nervous etc is normal and I felt I was going to muck up the search assessment but did a good job of it, has anyone else had an ok presentation but good interview still got the job? Maybe I'm overthinking it too much as I want it so much? If you do…
-
- 3 replies
- 793 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have just had a message from a friend who is in the recruitment process at this moment and he has informed me that the MET have pulled the plug on recruiting! Not sure what this means for everyone waiting on a date or when the last intake will be! Not good for people who have paid for the CKP.
-
-
- 33 replies
- 3.4k views
- 6 followers
-
-
-
Hi guys and gals, I've been given an offer for Norfolk. I live 27 miles from HQ and I believe you can get housing if you live more than 25 miles away. I'm just weighing up the pros and cons of this but I'm interested in the costings, can anyone give me a ball park figure for the cost of this? Regards Andi
-
- 2 replies
- 399 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It must have been back in September 2013 when I saw the Met Police campaign on the back of a Metro paper. I didn't take too long to get to Day 1, but a long break before Day 2's invite. It was 12 months between applying, doing that online questionnaire thing, and walking away from HQ having finished Day 2. It is now halfway though November. I guess I simply have to sit here and wait, but this is getting to me now. 14 months and no start date! Are most people's experiences like this? Is there a 'proper' number for HR recruitment I can get? The emails I have give numbers for staff that have moved into other areas, or the HR medical team who won't help me. Che…
-
-
- 100 replies
- 7.4k views
- 14 followers
-
-
Hi, just new to the forum and currently filling out my application to hopefully join police Scotland. I know I have a caution from a few years ago which I was also fined £100 for and possibly something from even longer ago but can't remember exactly what. Of course I want to be as honest as possible when it comes to information so I have looked into both the disclosure Scotland certificate and the access to information from police Scotland, I don't mind paying for either or even both if need be as this is a career I have wanted to do for years. My question is what would be best for providing any information to be declared within the vetting forms? Has anyone else used e…
-
Anyone else on this intake? Starting to get close now!!
-
-
- 48 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-