Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Madden96

    I am considering the role, but nothing is being said regarding fitness requirements. Does anyone by any chance know of them? Thanks.

  2. cdean931546082824
    Started by cdean931546082824,

    I'm after some practice questions that are similar to the mid and final exam when going through initial training as a PC please?

    • 0 replies
    • 760 views
    cdean931546082824
  3. Remi Vacca
    Started by Remi Vacca * ,

    Hi all, Just a quick one to see who will be starting there training on the 7th of September and if you need any details about parking etc?

    • 0 replies
    • 290 views
  4. Mckelvs
    Started by Mckelvs,

    I am just wondering if anyone would be able to offer some advice. I have submitted my application form and currently waiting to hear if I have passed the sift. Problem is I am worried I won't pass the medical, and can't think of anything worse than putting all that hard work in to fail at the last hurdle. I suffer from hypermobility - basically just over flexibility of the joints. Not something that has ever caused me a problem, except in 2011, where I attended a chiropractor for a year to help with a back injury. I have also attended a podiatrist in the past to attempt to correct flat feet (rolling inward) which unfortunately was never been successful, but I do have co…

  5. Jl0
    Started by Jl0,

    Hi Really considering a career with Police Scotland. One thing I am curious about is, is there any days/ocassions/holidays that all police officers are required to work. Eg Christmas, new year, big football games, large events. I think my apprehension would be not being able to spend Christmas or new year with the family. Can you put in for these days off? Also what about the big events, is annual leave not honoured for this? Thanks in advance :)

  6. Slomocop
    Started by Slomocop,

    Hi All, Anyone else here starting their Internal CKP course on Sept 14th at Brentford, with the conditional offer of PC training starting in October? If there is enough of us here, we could start a whatsapp group?

  7. freestyle986
    Started by freestyle986,

    Hi all Sorry if this sounds silly. I've at various stages in applying for the regulars at Kent and BTP. The thing is I'm not keen on driving as I haven't done so for years (although I do have a licence). This poses a couple of questions which I'd be grateful for your insight into: 1) BTP (London)... If I'm successful and need to get the train into London from Kent (last train about midnight, first train about 5am) is this going to be incompatible with the shifts being worked? 2) If I'm successful applying to Kent police, is there much chance I'll get a posting which doesn't require driving (e.g. neighbourhood team)? Thanks for your help and time, it would be good to k…

  8. CraigyG7
    Started by CraigyG7,

    Passed my set last friday, got an interview on friday but cant make it coz i cant get time off work, i have emailed them to let them know done that in monday but i havent heard anything back yet? And into the bargain i go on holiday next week

    • 2 replies
    • 472 views
  9. Tempo
    Started by Tempo +,
    • 3 replies
    • 731 views
  10. bdt1977
    Started by bdt1977,

    As someone who is intent on joining the Met and commuting in to do so, I was just wondering if there are people who might like to share their experiences if similar. Maybe you are planning to do the same or maybe you are a seasoned officer who has some advice that you wouldn't mind sharing with a newbie. I'd be most interested to understand how you find things, doing the job and dealing with what it throws at you, as well as how easy/difficult your experiences are of travelling in to do it. Thanks to anyone caring to contribute.

  11. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Does anyone have any tips / suggestions / recommended literature that can be used to help build knowledge and understanding of the MG forms and what information should be included etc. This is more geared towards the building of files, rather than the MG11 etc.

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  12. bdt1977
    Started by bdt1977,

    Live in Milton Keynes and hoping to begin training with the Met at the end of September. Have applied for northern and central boroughs for geographical ease. Just wondering if anyone out there makes a similar journey already and how they find it? Weighing up the options of trains or drive, or both. Cheers

  13. Roadrunner1546621323
    Started by Roadrunner1546621323,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone in the know would have any idea whether this resignation would have any impact on those of us currently somewhere in the application process/new recruits? I don't imagine it'll have any immediate impact but you never know! Thanks! Happy Friday everyone :-) RR

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 566 views
    Roadrunner1546621323
  14. steadld01
    Started by steadld01,

    Hi, Does anybody know if you wilfully withdraw your application with one police force if the 6 month rule still counts. Im just unsure as it isn't really that you've failed you just chosen not to go ahead. Thanks, Luke

  15. malbec75
    Started by malbec75 * ,

    I have successfully completed the selection process, pending medical and security checks. im a 39 yr old male (40 in August) a lot of my fellow recruits are noticeably younger, in their early 20s. Is 40 yrs old to old to be a student police officer? What do people think?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.