Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, I had my final interview on 9th Nov 2015 and have been told I will hear between now and the 7th Dec 2015. just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? or heard anything at all?
-
- 13 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey Guys I am just curious about what different people think was the hardest part of the recruitment process, I know different people find different things challenging but looking to see if there is a majority!
-
-
- 31 replies
- 3.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, New to the forum. I'm looking into joining the National Crime Agency (NCA). I have a few questions, I have googled and found very little information except than what is on their website, which is understandable. My background is military, specifically the Royal Artillery and the Royal Military Police. I am looking into several roles, specifically, the AFO, Intelligence Analyst and Interrogator roles. I'm after info on these roles, that said I am keeping an open mind on others. I'd also like some info on the fitness tests and the trainin, both initial and role specific. Also any tips would be greatly appreciated especially about the selection process. Many Thanks
-
Hi guys, For anyone who can help when they send out references to whoever you put down, so say I've put down my current employer what do they actually ask them? Just everything you've already put down for day 2 or do they ask for additional information or how general are their questions? Just wondering if they ask just how long you've been working there and the bog standard stuff :)
-
Afternoon one and all, I received my dates for SEARCH assessment yesterday, and I confirmed my attendance today. I wasn't hugely worried before, but now it all seems very real and I'm starting to flap, just a little bit! On the back of that, I've seen a few people recommend a company called "Talking Blues", that runs pre-assessment centre prep courses. Do any of my fellow PolCommers have any experience of them, and if so are they worth doing?
-
-
- 10 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm a response officer with a HO force and I'm looking for a change. There are a few jobs available at the moment with the NCA. Has anyone any knowledge of them and what they're like to work for, pay, shifts, day to day work etc and has anyone joined them from the police? Thanks
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi, I underwent an independent medical referral at the end of July with Occupational Health who then forwarded their findings to Cumbria Constabulary a week later. I have since heard nothing from Cumbria Constabulary therefore I can only assume that they were happy with the results but I missed the September intake as result of the delay. Would I be right in thinking this? Surely if they weren't happy with the findings I would have received some sort of correspondence informing me that they had withdrawn my application? Many thanks Dave
-
- 3 replies
- 557 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi All, Im due to have part of my SEARCH assessment this week and I'm just working my way through the six core competencies; Public Service Openness To Change Service Delivery Professionalism Decision Making Working With Others At the moment I'm struggling to come up with examples around service delivery. I did have some examples but having looked at a few websites, and finding an example question, it sort of 'poo poo's' them. Can anyone help me understand what sort of examples to give around service delivery? Thanks in advance guys/girls.
-
-
- 3 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been in the same job now for 14 years. I have filled out most of the PS Application form but struggling to "sell myself" on pages 4 to 7 on the 15 page application. My mate who has already started has offered to help as has another officer who kindly gave me his details. I know that all-in-all the police works as a team and I really look forward to becoming part of that. I appreciate the offers, but have conflicting thoughts on whether or not to ask for their help. It is part of my up bringing (not to ask for help) Now I am. Any advice please?
-
- 3 replies
- 528 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recently attended my AC and feel I did okay in most areas. Just a question, of curiosity when I had my 4 Question - Core Competency Interview I only got probed twice on 1 out of the 4 questions. I knew all my answers were finished between 4 to 4.30 minutes time, just under the 5 minutes given. So I can't work out why I wasn't probed on them all. Is this a good thing or bad think?? Any info or experience relating to this would help. Hopefully this thread can be used for all members on this forum who have attended an AC in 2015. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
-
- 11 replies
- 867 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi all I have my interview on Wednesday. So far, I've done SETs and initital fitness test, visited the local police station (chatted to a probationer for a good 40 mins or so) and had feedback on my application form. I'm wondering, what one piece of advice do you wish you'd been given before your interview and assessment day? I feel fairly prepared, but I'm not sure I'll ever feel 100% confident until its all over!
-
Hi Really considering a career with Police Scotland. One thing I am curious about is, is there any days/ocassions/holidays that all police officers are required to work. Eg Christmas, new year, big football games, large events. I think my apprehension would be not being able to spend Christmas or new year with the family. Can you put in for these days off? Also what about the big events, is annual leave not honoured for this? Thanks in advance :)
-
-
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi All, I have everything completed and have been offered my start date and CKP date. Had references sent out last week but i'm slightly worried about my reference from my previous employer. Does anyone know if i receive a reference that isn't particularly good, could i lose my place altogether? Any input would be appreciated! :)
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, So I have my start date for the 30th November, great news. Going through the paperwork they conduct a knowledge test in the first week of training. Now this is clearly linked to the CKP, I finished mine in March this year and hadn't picked up my revision material since as there was a recruitment freeze. Can anyone offer any guidance or suggestions on key topics to look at? Thanks in advance.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Got an email today for 30th November start date. I'm an external CKP candidate so a few more of you might be getting emails soon. This is for the Met in case anyone is wondering
-
-
- 88 replies
- 7.6k views
- 9 followers
-