Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. WishfulThinking
    • 4 replies
    • 714 views
  2. notlongnow
    Started by notlongnow,

    Hi people, I have a quick question, is anybody on this intake?

    • 8 replies
    • 838 views
  3. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    When filling out an application to join the Police I accidentally, without knowing, put the wrong postcode for my previous address. I grew up in this address at a very young age so could not remember the postcode and I had to rely on my mum for the details. The application was submitted last Friday in full confidence that everything was correct, however, earlier today my mum told me she got the postcode wrong, she made a mistake thinking it ended in a 'G' when it actually ends in a 'J'. I am freaking out now, the application is sent and I can't go back to fix it. How do I rectify this? Excuse the spelling mistake in the heading. To correct myself: application*.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 736 views
  4. choppercjb
    Started by choppercjb,

    Hi Just a quick question to find out if anybody here's application has ever been placed on medical delay by police scotland? I have been waiting a 6 weeks now on a medical delay waiting for the Force Medical Advisor to make a decision, not sure how long these things are supposed to take? Any help shedding some light would be appreciated.

  5. Alphaquebec
    Started by Alphaquebec,

    Hi guys, anybody any info on how you go about transferring from a mainland force to the psni? Can you put an application of interest in at anytime or do they advertise when they are looking?

  6. frankie10
    Started by frankie10,

    Hi guys, I don't know if anyone can help me but basically I've started to worry that the dates I put down for my sick dates aren't correct. Basically my manager was away when I had to fill out the medical form and because I couldn't remember the exact dates and she wasn't around to ask I'd tried as best as I could to put down the correct days. Now i'm in a bit of a blind panic wondering if I got them completely wrong, so I was wondering shall I contact HR and update them with the correct dates and explain what has happened or shall I wait until they let me know when they've sent out my references as their might not be a problem so is it worth waiting to see if they raise…

  7. MetPCV

    Hi everyone I'm after some help here. I'm wondering whether I should contact the vetting unit to update my file or not.... Regular PC, London Met This is what the vetting form ask people to declare: Traffic offences- Issued a fixed penalty notice for a traffic offence (excluding parking)? Now, I have NEVER been issue with a FPN. I DO have a few PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE. Basically 2 x driving in a bus line and 1 x performing a prohibited turn. All of them were paid within the 28 days window. I read everywhere PENALTY CHARGE NOTICES are a civil matter and NOT criminal offenses, as opposed to Fixed Penalty Notices (which can be endorsables or non-endorsables). I…

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  8. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Vetting started back in 25th April, called every week since then and still the same response by saying "they are being checked externally now, nothing we can do but just wait" (mind you they have been saying this 5 days after my vetting started...) So far it has been 178 days- 6 MONTHS, and still vetting has not been cleared. Gutted to say the least that I am still waiting. Is there anyone else still waiting for their vetting to clear and is anyone else in the same position as me? (waiting for a considerably longer time than others) Thanks.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Tay
    Started by Tay,

    Hi I was wondering who else is on the October intake at tulliallan? I have a final fitness next week but have been told my start date is then.

  10. choppercjb
    Started by choppercjb,

    Afternoon all, am i correct in assuming that the drugs test will be on the day of your medical and i wont have to go to another appointment to have it done?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. Madden96

    What may they ask to probe deeper into the situation? - I feel I have covered the situations extensively, which is why I would probably panick in a mad rush thinking of an answer because I believe I MUST add more information, even though there is none to be added. What if you get memory block, and then panick due to worrying if what you are saying matches what you have put? - How do you best tackle this? These are my main worries. I feel confident about force specific questions, and scenario questions. My worry is the competency questions for reasons stated above. Thanks.

  12. Riggs27
    Started by Riggs27,

    Hello all you poor people, this is a new thread so we can keep in touch etc...... Ed.

  13. ksingh17

    Hi, I've just put my application into West Mercia, just wondering if anybody on here is also beginning the process, and if any experienced members have any advice and what to expect in terms of time frame for some kind of response, so far Its been about two weeks for me. Apologies if I've posted this wrong in some way, I've never been a member of any sort of forum before Thank you!

  14. learnersdirect
    Started by learnersdirect,

    After all the OMR emails sent to vetting emails CKP email internal and external looks like we are back to waiting patiently .

  15. Mark19871546621317
    Started by Mark19871546621317,

    So I think the best thing is to start from the beginning. I sent my initial application in back in FebruaRye. However I was involved in a rtc where I collided with the car in front, my case was sent to the procurator Fiscal (pf). So I included all the details in my application as I was informed it wouldn't hinder my application process. So I sent it confidently and to my surprise it cane back as failed due to vetting on the means of awaiting pf judgement. Took a lot of going back in forth between the recruiting sept and pf, but I got it sorted eventually, I had to attend a drivers awareness course (june time). Recruitment informed me that they would reassess my applicati…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.