Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. KTodd83
    Started by KTodd83,

    Starting this thread for people starting at tulliallan on above date to get in touch with each other. Well done to everyone for getting to this stage.

  2. Gcam7
    Started by Gcam7,

    Hi guys I have passed my initial interview and have been invited to attend the A/C next Thursday 1st October. I understand that this is also competency based, However. I was wondering if they look for different examples from the initial interview or more elaboration on the examples you have given before? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Gary

  3. PropIdol89
    Started by PropIdol89,

    Has anyone applied or know anyone that has for Gibraltar Police? Not that I'm doing it, I'm going through the MDP process and intend to start there later on in the year, but a friend of mine has applied. It'd just be interesting to know if anyone has gone for it and taken it up? An idea maybe for the future for me (well in the future may I add!)

  4. oasisneil
    Started by oasisneil,

    Does anyone have any CKP material, saved as a PDF. My computer broke and would appreciate any CKP material.

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  5. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Got a start date for March but it would be one year since I have completed my CKP and honestly I don't remember much, I have my notes to look through over the few months before starting but I'd also be interested in getting the very popular Blackstones book that I always hear about from probationers. I looked in Amazon and found quite a few, just wondering what is the title for the Blackstones book that will be used in training. Many thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  6. KentPC1
    Started by KentPC1 * ,

    Hello, Got my senior interview soon with Kent Police and it would be good to get to know some others in a similar position to myself. Thanks all.

  7. SEClimb

    I, like a few of you yesterday received the email of what stage/grade we are at. I would just like to get numbers of the CKP external people. I find it seriously frustrating in dealing with goal posts changing. The London residency didn't effect me but at least with that change in guidelines a deadline was given. However, the prioritising of internal CKPs and now second language speakers is awful! I understand it's no candidates fault, so I want to make that clear. I just feel like I spent over £1k towards something that feels like a bit of a scam. I just want to know how many externals are either grade C or D? The email FAQ tells us that the CKP last 3years (though …

  8. Andre912333
    Started by Andre912333,

    Hi guys Well I am back, I used to post in the Metropolitan police recruitment 2014 page, but unfortunately I failed my security clearance after I passed day 1 and day 2 etc. So I lost lots of motivation! Anyway, a year later I have recently passed my SEARCH assessment for Hertfordshire Police, so hopefully this one is successful! Ha A quick question, I have read on Hertfordshire police's notes the following information: "There will be an exam before you start to test that you have retained the knowledge of the Certificate of Knowledge in Policing (CKP). This will take place on an Induction Day (usually on a Saturday) before your start date." I'm really worrying a…

  9. Zebraman
    Started by Zebraman * ,

    Hi all I have a question in regards to the Medical Questionaire. (I may be overthinking this) My address at my current doctors is still my parents address as I have never changed it and now live at a different address. I am going to change the address on Monday, but just need to see if this will cause any issues with the health and wellbeing team? The doctors have already signed the forms with my address on the forms as my new address, but the systems and medical paperwork will have my old address on it! Should I tell the recruitment team that my address is still my parents as I genuinely forgot to change it? Or will It not be an issue? Any help would be greatly ap…

  10. EdinburghCal
    Started by EdinburghCal,

    Good morning all, First of all - I'm pretty sure this has been asked a million times before; but after a quick search through the forum history I couldn't find any upto date information or clear timelines. A bit of background first (scroll down for questions if TLDR): I've recently turned thirty, stuck in a dead end job with no prospects and it's time for a change. I work for a third sector organisation and the funding for my role is due to come to an end in March 2016. My younger brother joined the police after a few years in a a retail job at the age of 20 and I've seen him progress after his probation over the last eight years and try out different areas of policing.…

    • 11 replies
    • 967 views
    Mark19871546621317
  11. titanpolicing
    Started by titanpolicing,

    Hi all, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything on it here and thought I'd start the topic. I was born in Iran and my family immigrated to Scotland (legally!) in 2001. I have passed everything, from fitness to assessment, just waiting on vetting for Police Scotland. At my final interview I was told to get clearance certificates for my parents as they over the age of 16 before entering the UK and needed to be checked. I went and got these forms from disclosure Scotland and they came back all clear. I have since given these forms to the recruitment team and they were all smiles about it. I was given an intake date of 9th of November initially,…

  12. Frankspensers
    Started by Frankspensers,

    Hi all, I have recently applied at Durham and wondered if anyone knows how long the process takes from the paper sift? If I'm lucky enough to get through it [emoji51] Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 7 replies
    • 638 views
  13. Jmttdr
    Started by Jmttdr,

    Hi all, Cannot find any information on this through forums, and BTP's recruitment team will not give me a straight answer on the matter, so I would like some advice or answers from people who may have been in a similar situation please. So, my story so far: I applied to the BTP in mid February this year. Got through the initial paper sift, got through their assessment/interview day, their medical; so just had vetting to go. I have been told 8 weeks generally, and in the eighth week I had a phone call asking if I was available to start on the 10th of August, I thought I was in! I asked if they had received good news from vetting, which they said, "No, but I cannot see th…

  14. Frankspensers
    Started by Frankspensers,

    Hi all, I have recently applied at Durham and wondered if anyone knows how long the process takes from the paper sift? If I'm lucky enough to get through it [emoji51] Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 343 views
  15. Frankspensers
    Started by Frankspensers,

    Hi all, I have recently applied at Durham and wondered if anyone knows how long the process takes from the paper sift? If I'm lucky enough to get through it [emoji51] Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 351 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.