Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, Just having a search around to see if anyone like myself is attending the three day assessment centre for PS up Inverness close to the end of Feb .
-
-
- 5 replies
- 759 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all I have an assessment centre coming up and would like to know if anyone knew what each task was worth percentage wise? I am under the impression that the role plays account for a large percentage of the overall marks available so this is very important but i am not sure what the rest of the tasks are worth, like the written exercises and maths etc? If anyone could confirm which are the main areas to concentrate on i would be very great full!! Thanks!
-
- 6 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Just looking to see if anyone has transferred from an English force to Police Scotland. If so how you found the process. Many thanks Michelle
-
Hello, I am nearing the end of my recruitment process for West Mercia. I am just wondering if anybody can help with regards to the pay? How much is it whilst training, on probation and thereafter etc. would be very helpful. Thanks
-
-
- 5 replies
- 816 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I took the follow from another forum. The post is a from 2014 and just wondered if anybody knows if it is still accurate. It's regarding the scoring for the police assessment centre. 1. Role Play: Marks available 72 (58.5%) 2. Written Tests: Marks available 30 (24.5 %) 3. Structured interview: Marks available 12 (12%) 4. Numerical Reasoning: Marks available 3 (2.5%) 5. Verbal Logical Reasoning: Marks available 3 (2.5%) Is this still relevant? Thanks :)
-
Hello, I have interview with North Wales coming up in a few weeks, wondering if anyone else on here is in my 'batch' of potentials? Would also be keen to hear from anyone who has been recruited recently, specifically with reference to how long I should expect to wait for a result from the interview and Welsh test, and also how long afterwards things like fitness tests and medicals were? I put my application in around September time 2015, so am I right to expect a start date (if successful) of end of summer 2016? Thanks in advance. Adam
-
- 6 replies
- 763 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey guys, So I've passed assessment centre but progress has been put on hold as I have a holiday booked in January so can't go into anything before February 1st intake assuming everything else comes back ok. As much as I've been trying to just get on and wait until they get in touch to arrange medical etc I can't get it out of my head, so buzzed. Anyways, have a question about tulliallan regarding rooms and washing and stuff.. Do you keep the same room for the 12 weeks, so you can leave clothes etc there over the weekend, or do you need to take it away with you? Also, are there washing facilities for washing clothes etc (Obviously I would assume yes if you can leave you…
-
-
- 22 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
About 2 years ago I had about 30 days off for what I can only describe as mild depression, I am obviously going to declare it in my medical but was wondering if anyone knew if this really does affect applications. Is it ok to put a covering letter with the medical form? I haven't seen the doctor since about any depression. Thanks
-
-
- 7 replies
- 1.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi again. I am currently a Squaddie up in Kinloss near Inverness and I am planning to start my discharge in April. Some of you may of seen another post of mine regarding joining Durham or Cleveland. I was speaking with a mate who has applied with Police Scotland and he said they are in a big recruitment drive and have even lowered the criteria to not even needing a driving licence? I woukd love to join the Police and know it is very hard to get in these days. And I know Scotland will be no different there is possibly just more recruitment going on. So here's my questions if anyone could help thanks. *If I was to be successful in Scotland how long would I need to d…
-
-
- 21 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have my assessment on Sunday for PCSO with Staffordshire police. Does anyone have any idea what this involves? As from what I've read, many people are saying that they had a month's notice and received a pack about the assessment day, however, we were only told on Friday (a weeks notice) and I've received nothing, apart from telling me that there will be a group excersize and we will watch a video that we will have to write a statement on. Does anyone have any more in depth information about what I can expect, or any tips?
-
I am just wondering when, and when not the 6 month rule would apply to aspiring Police Officers. Thanks. :)
-
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Starting this topic for everyone who is hoping to start on the February 2016 intake. As far I know all I'm waiting for is vetting to pass and my final fitness test. Has anyone else been told this is their potential start date and what stage are you all at in the process?
-
-
- 160 replies
- 11.4k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Hi guys. Just a quick question for anyone who has been through the police college. I've got a very short beard that I keep neatly trimmed. I've read on the Police Scotland frequently asked recruitment questions that Officers are aloud to have a beard of its kept neat and tidy. Does the Tulliallan policy differ to this. It's just that I have sensitive skin and I tend to break out when I clean shave. Thanks for letting me post :)
-
Hello everyone Today i received the news that i passed the initial application stage and have been invited to the SEARCH stage , Great news :-) I have a couple of questions At what point to i book myself into the CKP course and does anyone know anything about it , would i have to book a particular day of work for the 10 weeks course or can i do it at my own time as my current employer would not let me take time off work for 10 weeks Thank you
-
-
- 11 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All Starting this forum for all starting on the 29th February Intake.
-
-
- 89 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-