Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. titanpolicing
    Started by titanpolicing,

    Hi everyone, I was absolutely devastated today to find out that I'd failed vetting. The vetting department needed me to get them police clearance forms for both my parents as they spent a considerable amount of their lives in IRAN.... But getting these forms takes a long time! I was told by the recruitment officers at Police Scotland that they need this in order to actually start the vetting! So its a bit of a surprise that even though they have none, they still went and failed me! Is it because its took 4 months?!! I have recieved my fathers one and its completely clean, checked by Iranian Police and INTERPOL! I'm just awaiting my mothers... I was at the FINAL stage of …

  2. Dave112
    Started by Dave112 * ,

    Anyone going into the april intake?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. frankie10
    Started by frankie10,

    Hi there, Basically now that the new teaching structure has been put in place it seems more important to have learnt everything quite solidly before the course actually begins, unless I'm wrong and they will go through it all with you again rather than just leaving you to your own devices. If they do leave you to your own devices rather than have to re-revise everything when the course starts I thought it might be a good idea to start going over it all before the course begins. I was wondering if possible could anyone who has currently just started the new training structure tell me all the exam topics, just so that gives me a good idea of what I can start revising, as o…

  4. Ty45
    Started by Ty45 * ,

    Training and Holiday, I know we're not allowed to take time off during training but Is this just the 13 weeks at the training center or does it include the 5 weeks on borough and 1 week back at hendon?

    Shazza1546621363
  5. samJJ
    Started by samJJ,

    Hi all, Wondering if anyone can help as I have been asked to arrange my fitness test, having been successful at interview for a police staff role. The letter mentions the bleep test (to achieve level 5.4), but does not mention the push/pull (Dynamic Strength) test ... does anyone know if Surrey Police still require this? Just want to be prepared! Thanks for anyone that can reply.

  6. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    I am looking to transfer for Assessment score to either South Yorkshire or Humberside, But do not know which one, i dont know much about either areas, I am from Suffolk Constabulary as a serving Special. So i have experience in the job. Can someone help with the Pros and Cons of each please, Just a quick one were i live in suffolk i pay 650pcm for a 2 bed terrace house which is rather small. Many thanks

  7. niknak1
    Started by niknak1,

    Well done to everyone who has came through the process so far! I have my SETs and my initial fitness test on Wednesday and I have to say I'm more nervous about the fitness than anything else. Does anyone have any advice/tips for the fitness test? I have to reach level 7.3 to pass. Also, is anyone else at this stage and going on Wednesday? Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

    • 1 reply
    • 914 views
    manfromdelmonte
  8. TW17
    Started by TW17,

    I was just wondering if someone could enlighten me about the DVD / visual exercise i will be taking soon at the assessment centre as part of the written exercises. I haven't been able to find much information in regards to this part of the written exercises, only that i will be required to write an incident form on an taped interview which has taken place. Are you allowed to take notes? Are you provided with a written account also? (Guessing not as its visual and testing listening skills) can anyone who's undertaken this shed some light on it for me? Thanks!

  9. f40spider1
    Started by f40spider1,

    Hello chaps, Was wondering if anybody on this forum has their A/C day 1 sometime towards mid April. Just waiting for my exact date. would be good to hear from you. Also, difficult to gauge exactly but how long from day 1 to gettimg an offer or starting training if successful?

  10. MissMain
    Started by MissMain,

    I've just sat the number handling paper test at home and failed by one point. I've seen a 'Police practise papers' book online which has mock papers and worked examples of how to calculate the answers in it which I'm planning on buying. Does anyone know where else I can familiarise myself with the type of questions asked in the paper?

  11. krisgmacleod
    Started by krisgmacleod,

    Hiya folks! As most of you are aware, with the high influx of new recruits for Police Scotland, Vetting Checks are taking longer than usual to come back. So much so it has pushed back starting dates for a few of us here. ( Myself included :sad: ) So I have started this topic to see how many folks it has affected and to use it as an update post area if things start moving along so we all know whats going on? So for instance, My timeline was: Submitted Application on the 4th of February 2015, Invited to SET's and fitness on the 11th of May, Invited to interview on the 20th of May, Invited to Assessment centre at Jackton a two weeks after, and did my Final fitness o…

    manfromdelmonte
  12. Jimbob1985

    Just thought I would start a new topic to try and get a total of how many people are completely done and are only waiting on a intake date from May onwards. Feel free to ask questions even if you are not fully done within the recruitment process but for those that are just state that you are complete and waiting so we can start counting. Or just ignore me and continue with the other topics.

  13. RobJ931546082853
    Started by RobJ931546082853 * ,

    Hello people, I've recently applied to Police Scotland as a special constable, I've been accepted at the initial stages and am awaiting dates for my SET/Fitness, my main concern currently is my epilepsy, I'm currently medicated lightly for epilepsy however I have been seizure and all other epilepsy symptoms free since December 2008 when I suffered my last seizure, when I was 15, for the past 8 years epilepsy has had no impact on my college, work or social life, I did suffer from Migraines for about 5 years after my last seizure which caused "partial absences" (these were originally thought to be epileptic but specialists found otherwise) where in I suffered a minor blacko…

  14. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Hi everyone , Hope your all at the stage you want to be and doing well . My question is aimed at vetting , I have not reached this point but its the only thing playing on my mind On the application form it asks have you ever been in trouble with the police even as a juvenile , My answer was no and so sent off and passed the paper sift and am now at the assessment stage at the end of the month :-) My worry is although I've never been in trouble with the police i was once arrested while in a night club and got bundled into police car with other people i have never met over a fight , Literally there was about 30 people fighting and the police just arrested any…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Em88
    Started by Em88,

    Hi I found this explanation of the marking system for the day 1 assessment centre. Does anyone know how accurate it is? And also is each section pass/fail or could you score badly on one section but still pass aslong as your overall percentage is high enough? 1. Role Play: Marks available 72 (58.5%) 2. Written Tests: Marks available 30 (24.5 %) 3. Structured interview: Marks available 12 (12%) 4. Numerical Reasoning: Marks available 3 (2.5%) 5. Verbal Logical Reasoning: Marks available 3 (2.5%) Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 938 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.