Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Hi everyone , as I said in a previous post I failed the assembly for the force I applied at , I had 54% and needed 60% Is there a list of force pass rates , a force I could join with 54% or do I have to wait until the 6 months to re-apply ? Many thanks

  2. jmc195
    Started by jmc195,

    Hi, I had my final interview a few days ago. If I am successful and pass; ill be concerned about the eye test. I recently had an opticians eye test and without glasses/lenses with both eyes I could only read 6/38. I know the requirement un-aided is 6/36, but is there any leniency on this at all? I am willing to get my eyes lasered but would the force be happy to still consider my application whilst I got them done if I was successful at the interview or would I have to start from the very beginning again? It's took me over a year to get to this stage and id be so disappointed if my eye sight holds me back on the career I really want. would appreciate any help or advice !

  3. Zaksly
    Started by Zaksly,

    Hi all, I start my initial training on Monday and have a few questions which I hope you can help me with: We have to arrive in business wear, what is common business wear? Can you be posted in your hometown? After the 12 weeks training you move onto tutor phase, what is this? What will the training consist of? Thanks in advance!

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 920 views
  4. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Good morning all, So I've just finished my Senior Interview! I felt it went better than my Assessment Centre, so just got to wait for feedback now. Anyone else applied for Essex? Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  5. Stb1750

    I have always thought of the Army as a backup plan if civilian policing never materialised, and I was wondering if I could send away applications to both at the same time? Thanks. :)

    • 4 replies
    • 875 views
  6. Essex1991
    Started by Essex1991,

    Hello, I've recently passed my final/senior interview and just have the medical and fitness test remaining. Obviously my official offer will only come after these are completed along with my vetting and reference checks. My issue is 2 of my last 5 jobs ended via dismissals. I'm assuming this will not look good and might flag a serious consideration for rejecting my application? On both occasions the reasons were officially stated simply as 'gross dismissal' however on closer inspection neither were all that serious. Does anyone have a clue as to what the process is regarding references? How might my application go with these issues? Many thanks for any advice!

  7. EdinburghCal

    I'm in Scotland. I took my form in to be signed by my doctor to confirm I have detailed my medical history and haven't lied about or omitted anything. As far as I can see this will take no longer than a few minutes. My mouth hit the floor when she said that would cost £120. They also don't seem to understand they are not doing the medical - they are verifying the information. Anyone else happy to share what they paid? EdinburghCal

  8. Essex1991
    Started by Essex1991,

    Hello, With regards to references I was dismissed from 2 of my previous 5 employers. Is this likely to be an issue when it comes to references and checks? Any advice would be great. Thank you

  9. inyashed

    So I've been invited for my Day 2 Assessment with the Met. They've emailed me several documents and the instructions are somewhat confusing particularly for the reference section One of the segments asks me to; C. You MUST provide details of two personal referees who are, or were, working in a professional capacity. Family members or close friends are not suitable. The referees must have known you for at least 5 years. Well this a problem, because I don't know of anyone that fits such a criteria. I don't know of any professional or ex-professional individuals who have known me for 5 years straight. I've only been employed for 4 years. I can't use family or …

    • 4 replies
    • 548 views
  10. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    Hello all, Sorry for keep posting topics, I am awaiting my results fory vetting. As I'm aware there should be no problems, I don't have any financial problems or convictions and neither does my family. I haven't seen my dad since i was 9 so I don't know about him. But that's all on there. I sent this off to a certain force about 3/4 weeks ago. Is there something I've Dome wrong????

  11. Jaymo
    Started by Jaymo,

    Does anybody have a Person Specification for the role of a PC? or know where to find one thanks. Tried searching on the CoP website and my local forces document library however cant seem to find any.

  12. Noman94
    Started by Noman94,

    o, I have got to the referencing / medical stages of recruitment which i'm obviously pleased about. As with every stage of police recruitment there is complications and uncertainty. Police will be asking for references, they emailed me today to ask if it's ok to go ahead with getting references from my employer, so I think it's only good manners to explain to my employer I may well be leaving in the medium term however I obviously don't want to resign (I've not got a job offer or a start date). I'm not sure how to approach this because i'm not sure how my boss will take it. On one hand we get on well but on the other hand I haven't been there that long and I did say I…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    The following 4 examples have been prepared to help candidates write a good application If these were good examples no doubt they would all be copied Q1. Try to remember an occasion when you had to deal with someone who was unhappy with the service they had been given or who felt unhappy with the way they had been treated. If possible, use an example where you had contact with the person over a period of time or on a number of occasions in order to sort out the problem Describe the situation and why you think the person was unhappy. When I worked for Supermarket an incident happened one day when I was working. I heard shouting coming from one of the checkouts. …

    Liamscottcurran1546621370
  14. Justjake
    Started by Justjake,

    At the stage of the police application where references are being requested. Are they sent via email or postal because I was thinking it would be email, but I am thinking it could be postal now. Had to put email and home address for them so. I had an email saying they are being sent today but my referees haven't received them by email?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Rugbymad
    Started by Rugbymad,

    Hi, just wondering how much uniform we get issued at Tulliallen. I.e how many shirts trousers etc? And are we able to buy extra? Thx in advance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.