Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. East1991
    Started by East1991,

    Hi all, Just a quick question. If you fail vetting and appeal the decision and fail, the 6 month rule applys right? But does it apply from the initial vetting decision or the appealed decision?

  2. Adz1994
    Started by Adz1994,

    When I was 16 years old, myself and my friends where in the park and a women reported us saying that we had drugs. However, the police searched us and they found nothing on us, and this was essentially the end of the matter. I obviously included this in my vetting form, and was wondering if it would have an impact on my application? Thank you.

  3. Halon
    Started by Halon * ,

    Firstly I'd just like to say that I hope I'm posting in the right area, and I've not been able to find an Immigration Enforcement (ex-UKBA/Border Force) equivalent to these forums either. Hopefully there are at least a few knowledgeable people here that can answer a few questions. Firstly a little background, back in 2013 I went for a job with the then UKBA as an Assistant Immigration Officer (AIO) on an Immigration Compliance and Enforcement (ICE) team, after a year of on the job work I'd of progressed from AIO to Immigration Officer (IO). It took awhile and after 6 months or so on the reserve list I was finally selected. The main thing I expected to fall down was on th…

  4. Minikim
    Started by Minikim * ,

    Hi, I have finally passed recruitment and begin with WYP tomorrow as a student PC. I understand that we need to do the fitness test again during the first week into training and wondered what happens if you fail any part of it at this point....I previously passed the upper body strength by the skin of my teeth and have been working out like mad to improve it (I wanted to completely smash it the second time!), I just wasn't expecting another test so soon!! Would really hate to be shown the door after the first week....

    • 2 replies
    • 231 views
  5. Lemansky

    Good afternoon all I would appreciate some general advice regarding some conflicting information I received following an enquiry about transferring SEARCH results. I was unsuccessful at the panel interview stage after passing the SEARCH assessment. Dissapointed as I was I remain resolved to become a police constable. I emailed another force I had an interest in joining to ask for clarification on the rules regarding eligibility to apply to their force. I got a prompt email back saying that the 6 month window only precludes you from applying to the force you failed with, and asking for a scanned copy of my SEARCH Feedback. After sending that item I received…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 792 views
  6. AV88

    HI all, First time post here. I have posted this on another forum within the website but thought I would share it here to increase it's audience....i hope. I wondered how many had recently applied to Hampshire Constabulary on the June/July 2016 recruitment drive? I understand that Hampshire conduct initial interviews prior to national SEARCH assessment. Has anyone had recent experience of these initial interviews? I can see the advantages of interviewing applications prior to paying to put them through the national process, just wondered how different this interview is to the normal 'final interview' post SEARCH. Many thanks in advance.

  7. Moopheus

    Hi I am currently in the process of applying to join Merseyside Police after deciding to leave the Army. I got a little excited when first applying and applied to the first force within 100miles of were I am living now that were recruiting which was Merseyside, I grew up in Merseyside and know the area very well so it would have been perfect however, I am currently living near York and since completing and passing the assessment centre the Mrs has been offered a fantastic career opportunity which requires her to remain living were we are. Now I've looked at commuting and it's at least a 2 hour drive from were we are now to Merseyside and I've compromised and said we can…

    Stamford1546621217
  8. Spriggen
    Started by Spriggen * ,

    Hi everyone, I know what you're thinking, another vetting question! haha I really have trawled through posts and google to try and find some information and really just after a few opinions. I have sent off my application now and the nerves are setting off some paranoia. The section in vetting where you have to detail any issues with the police, I have put no. Now I have never been in trouble with the police. The only thing I can think of now that maybe I should of put in, is that I have had my details noted on some occassions between the ages of 15-19. There was no wrongdoing, warning etc, just my details taken so they have a record they've spoken to me. Just wonderi…

    • 4 replies
    • 547 views
  9. Zens Vision
    Started by Zens Vision,

    Good morning, I just wanted to know what people would advise when choosing the district they want to be based on as a probationer (and hopefully after that). The force I'm talking about is Avon & Somerset, so can talk about the specifics if there's anyone from that area on here. I've not posted it in their sub forum because I wanted to talk about it as a whole first. If you could do your training again and with hindsight, would you be trying to get an inner city, edge of the city, large town and surrounding area or a mix of smaller towns / villages placement? I have the luxury of pretty much being able to chose anywhere and I'd like somewhere that I'll be able…

    • 4 replies
    • 579 views
  10. Plank39
    Started by Plank39,

    Hi, Just wondered whether anyone else is having problems in obtaining their Day 1 Feedback report? I attended a Day 1 Assessment in Ryton on 21 April and a couple of weeks later received the dreaded news that I had failed and was told a Feedback report would be emailed to me. However, two months on and I am still waiting - I have chased twice now, the last time being a week ago and have been informed both times that there have been problems with the CASA machine that produces the feedback reports. Without understanding the exact nature of the problem, I find it hard to understand why it is taking more than 2 months to fix a machine and just wondered whether there is any…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. inyashed
    Started by inyashed,

    I've been to my Day 1 and Day 2 assessment for the Met. I applied on the language scheme (which they've now taken off). A week after attending my Day 2 Assessment I received an email saying "Congratulations for passing your Day 1 (which I had passed a month back) and now you have to do your language assessment". I followed the link and there were no slots available for my language. This was 4 weeks ago, and I've called up the met recruitment team and emailed them several times and each time I'm told different things. Will this affect my application in any way? I know when I attended my Day 2 they said it could take 6-8 weeks, but the fact that the Language Assessmen…

    • 4 replies
    • 420 views
  12. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    Hello all. So I have just been told on holiday I failed my vetting. With no reason why. I'm a serving special ATM. None of my family are criminals, we've never been in debt etc. The only thing is... My biological dad. I last saw him when I was 8/9 he was arrested and charged with child neglect and other bits and bobs. From the way he treated me and my brother etc. Surely it cannot be the reason why I didn't get in?? I put on the form that I haven't seen him in over 12 years. Can anyone shed some light on this please. This is so upsetting especially when I'm on holiday. Many thanks

  13. TW17
    Started by TW17,

    Hi everyone, Can those who have previously been or passed a final interview with any Constabulary advise me on how many questions they feel like they answered in their interview. (im not asking for examples) I have been informed that my interview could last around the 30-45 minute mark but i guess it depends on how long your answers are on the day. Could anyone advise whether there are a set amount of questions they are looking for me to answer, or will it be a case of trying to answer as many questions successfully i can in the time given, so in essence more questions answered the higher possible score i could achieve? I would imagine there are set questions they wou…

  14. bdt1977

    During my CKP course, the online tutors mentioned that it might be a good idea to learn a martial art to compliment the job both in terms of fitness and also the physicality that may at times be required. I keep fit by regularly attending the gym, but at 37, I could be considered slightly senior in years to be joining the force. Likewise, having never undertaken any martial arts training, I'm wondering if there is something suitable that I could take up and what people, already in and serving, could recommend in terms of time and commitment to become proficient. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

  15. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi all, I've completed my Assessment centre but didn't finish the written exercises!! Has anyone passed the assessment centre after not completing through written tests? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 632 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.