Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Policeman123

    Hello all... I'm a current Serving special and am hopefully starting full time later on in the year. I gym a hell of a lot as I want to be bigger stronger and fitter for the job. I am currently taking protein shake etc. But my gym friend showed me some supplements called pro-hormones. Apparently they are great supplements to use. Obviously I Know steroids are a no no. I just didn't know what the case was with pro hormones. They are freely available online so this makes me think it's OK to use. Many thanks

  2. BravoVictor
    Started by BravoVictor,

    Hi I have just submitted my application for a officer position with the CNC. I've done a few years in a H.O force but fancied a change... Has anyone any advice on; The assessment centre The Initial training Working at Dungeoness Many thanks in advance Bravo Victor

    • 0 replies
    • 312 views
  3. sjones423
    Started by sjones423,

    Hello all, I'm looking for some advice from currently serving if possible, though obviously anyone can share their opinion. I currently work for BT in a comfortable role, working 4 days a week (10hr shifts) and earning around £28000 per year. As an engineer I have reached my ceiling, though there are chances to climb elsewhere within the company. I have recently been successful in my final interview to become a police officer and am just awaiting medical and vetting before the application can be concluded. It is clearly something of a gamble seeing how I will be around £9K out of pocket upon joining, although I realise that this will eventually surpass my curr…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 434 views
  4. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,

    Hello everyone, I have my search assessment coming up in about three weeks, I am just refining my examples for the interview. At a preparation day my force did for SC's attempting to transition to PC's a staff member who was also a search assessor stated that in each of the 2 past behaviour questions we would be assessed on only 1 competency per question however since then I have seen in a number of books that we would have to get in more than one per example. Can anyone who is in the know or knows anyone who has recently undergone an A/C confirm whether this is the case or not? Cheers, Matt

  5. Met1001
    Started by Met1001,

    Is 5'9 1/2 small to become a Met police? They all look 6 foot or above. Police officer around my height are usually just on foot patrol, not doing much. Whereas the big ones are the first to be called up and sent to more important scene. This would stop you from getting promotions as well.

  6. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Hello all, I attended the assessment centre on 18th April and received an email through last week to say that I had passed! The only thing is, is I haven't yet received my results. Does anyone know when and how (email, letter) I'll be expecting to get them? Thanks in advance!!! Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

    • 7 replies
    • 662 views
  7. BarrattsMini
    Started by BarrattsMini,

    Good afternoon all, I had my final interview this morning in Wakefield. A presentation lasting up to 10 minutes followed by the other information stated in the e-mail successful Assessment Center candidates may have received. I don't want to elaborate on that because we're obviously advised not to. I finished my presentation in 9 minutes and 55 seconds - perfect really. I felt very confident with it and had a fair few people review it - but who knows maybe that wasn't good enough? But I felt very confident about it. I then answered the questions. Now having worked desk jobs for the last few years for the civil service I don't have many examples of y'know - encounters w…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 11.6k views
    BarrattsMini
  8. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Good Afternoon All, My semipro interview is next week, is there any hints or tips you guys & girls might have please? All feedback welcome! Thanks in advance! Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

    • 10 replies
    • 2k views
  9. H82171546621325
    Started by H82171546621325,

    Afternoon all, After a little advice. I currently serve in the Army and can sign off in October 2016 which means I have to serve a final 12 months after giving this notice, however, I have read that other people in the same situation have been granted early release. I have a current application with my local police force and they know about this, I have been invited to the Search Assessment centre in May but I am away on a training exercise. I am going to do my best next week to ask my superiors to allow me to attend the training centre. So my question is to those who are serving, have you been in a similar situation and are there any loop holes or methods that I can …

    H82171546621325
  10. Stb1750

    Hi all. Sorry if it's the wrong thread, but I hope I cracked it with beginners luck. I have an interest in both Police Scotland and the MOD Police, however I have an overall aim of joining the MOD Police. I have looked at MOD Police recruitment, and to sum it up: currently shaky. They are clearly having a tough time. A recruitment campaign anticipation is looking set for the end of the year, but a long process until job offer is what applicants will face. Not the circumstances I would want for myself given how I will be leaving education with no jobs on offer right now in my or near my local area. Even if I do wait, the chances of getting in are somewhat bleak because …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Bradford_bantam
    Started by Bradford_bantam * ,

    I'm currently in the army and wanting to join the police, I'm in the process off filling in the application form and have just been told that I am going to be going away somewhere warm from July to November. The application closing date is the 22 May will me been away and possibly uncontactable affect the application process or does it not happen that quick? Any info would help a lot I can't seem to find anything on the website

  12. Zaksly
    Started by Zaksly,

    What does the 12 weeks training consist of?

  13. katewatkins6
    Started by katewatkins6 * ,

    Apologies for possibly stupid question, boyfriend and I are both interested in the answer but feel it might give off wrong impression if he asks his CKP provider and prefer the anonymity here :) He's been given information as to the initial pay for a PC: just shy of £30,000, including London weighting. What we wanted to know, is that what he actually starts on, as in as soon as he's officially a PC, or is this after probationary period?

  14. Zaksly
    Started by Zaksly,

    Hi all, so I got the offer and start in June..... I have uniform fitting on Monday.... What does it involve? Do I have to try everything on. Will I get the kit there and then? Can you take kit home or does it stay at your station?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  15. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi all, I've recently been informed I will be invited to the assessment centre in due course. I attended the assessment centre in 2012 and passed it with 52%, however this was not high enough for the force I applied to. I'm just wondering if there is anyone that attended the same time as me in 2012 or before it all changed, and attended recently that can tell me whether it's changed a lot or not? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.