Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. WannabeRookie
    Started by WannabeRookie * ,

    I am currently going through the recruitment process and one thing that was mentioned at the pre-application evening session I had to attend was the impact on police officers social life. Basically what is a police officers responsibility off-duty? And how does that impact on police officers social life. For example I have quite a large social group, and someone who occasionally joins us on a night in town I know will sometimes have cannabis on them. If I am successful in this process and become a Constable, would I, if I bumped into them and realised they had drugs on them need to arrest or call it in? I suppose this is also a wider question, but if I am off duty and …

    • 2 replies
    • 500 views
  2. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    Hello guys. I have a few friends who are specials, that want to know which forces do not require interviews. Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks

  3. Leisurepirate
    Started by Leisurepirate,

    Hi all, Joining Merseyside shortly, and was looking at ways to prepare for the exams and found this http://www.adv.co.uk/software/ipldp - never heard of this company though, so was wondering if anyone else had and had a good experience with the software? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 709 views
  4. woodie45
    Started by woodie45,

    Hi, I start my training in two weeks as a PC at WYP and wanted to ask people's advice on what I could study to help me before I start? I'm fresh from the public so I've no experience as a special or the police or anything like this so any guidance would be appreciated. I've bought the blackstones book and the IPlod app but there is a lot within the book so it would be good to know what is essential to know during training and what not needed as such. Please can anyone advise on the below :- For the IPlod app do you need to know every offence? Or just particular ones which are common ? If so do you need to know its associated act, section, definition and points to pr…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    Kimba1546621372
  5. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi, I filled and sent my vetting form on 9th of May, and since then didn't hear from them. Emailed them a few times but no response. Anyone else in same situation? Thanks

  6. CPJ
    Started by CPJ * ,

    Hi there, Looking at joining the force, I would like ot be a traffic cop but I now there will be some word to be done first. From looking online I may have to join as A PCSO or similar for 2 years probationary which is fine! Problem is I dont know where to start. Ive looked on Humebside Polices website and they arent recruiting at the moment. When I do Apply....How does the process go ? Ive had a few different walks of life since I left school and have not had anything to do with the police before, any qualifications I might nee ? Ive been thinking of joining the police for the past 3 to 4 years - just recently decided I'd like join as a traffic officer. Thanks in…

    Stamford1546621217
  7. James Murphy
    Started by James Murphy,

    Hi everyone, After recently failing my final interview for WYP I am trying to dust myself down and pick myself back up out the hole of disappointment of not passing, I got a pass mark of 52% (not that great I know) at the assessment centre, Apologis if thread is already out there but does anyone know which forces accept 50% and don't have a final interview? Or just accept 50% Many thanks, James.

  8. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi all, I opted for internal ckp and was forwarded a form to fill in to apply for bursary from West India committee. Received an email from them yesterday stating they rejected my application as they have reached to the limit of bursary they can provide. Anyone else in same situation or is there any alternative bursary scheme I can apply?

  9. Donna1546621377
    Started by Donna1546621377,

    Hi am now resitting the information handling resist paper and i seem to have a mental block, i can do it on practice papers however when in the exam i just panic. i passed language and numbers ok, just this one paper. Its crazy i know but any advice for me thanks donna x

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 676 views
  10. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Good morning,I have currently just discharged from the Army and have a year to go. I am currently looking at either Northumbria, Durham or Cleveland. I know it so hard to get into but I have a year and can apply, a 'shot to nothing'if you like. I have spoke to Northumbria and they say keep an eye on the website as they are recruiting soon. Does anyone know when any of the above three are recruiting? I check all three websites everyday and night. Also, what is the best advice anyone can give me to get my application in quickly because I know they only take first 600 etc. Is the application available anywhere so I can get it prepared or even so I can save potential an…

  11. Adz1994
    Started by Adz1994,

    Hi, if you have passed the assessment day, then generally how long is the wait for the medical? thanks

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 283 views
  12. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hi, Is there anyone on here that had to wait for their GP to write a report before they were given the green light by the OHU? The reason I ask is because all I'm waiting for is my medical to be signed off so I can start training as a SC at the beginning of September. I just want to know how long it took for your GP to respond? I've literally got under 3 weeks for them to respond! Thanks in advance Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  13. James Murphy
    Started by James Murphy,

    Hi, Sorry to be bombarding the forum with questions, I have passed my fitness test for WYP and fingers crossed i can pass my final interview. Once i have done this do i go for a medical? Im 6ft 3 and really big build ( not going to lie ) i am overweight but if i get in im hoping been more proactive on the job will get me fitter, I am going to try losing weight now however when i go for my medical can they reject me because my BMI is over 32? I've read on the MET's website that they reject applicants with BMI's over 32. I will be truly devastated if thats the thing that holds me back, I'm currently a special constable and passed my hearing and eye test etc…

  14. kerry
    Started by kerry,

    Would you advise doing the CKP course internally or externally? Apparently if you do internal you get a quicker start date? If external... Who is the best provider near London? Thank you :)

  15. Adz1994
    Started by Adz1994,

    Does anyone know how strict/lenient the police are within regards to eyesight requirements? I was speaking to one officer who said they aren't really that strict about it?

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 489 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.