Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Last week I finally had my assessment centre, having passed paper sift on a previous 2 occasions only to have my application terminated along with all other candidates in the same pool as me due to budget cuts in 2008 (West Yorkshire) and 2010 (North Yorkshire) so it felt like a huge step in the right direction for me. I applied to North Yorkshire Police during the May 2013 recruitment campaign and passed the paper sift for the third time, then in April 2014 I received notification that 19th June was to be my A/C date. Today I received my results: Overall 59% Working with others 57% Oral Communication 100% Written Communication 89% North Yorkshire apply a pass mark…

  2. V1nny

    Hi. I've just completed the behavioural Style Questionaire online assessment. After each response, I was asked to rank particular statements in terms of how well they describe your typical behaviour at work. Anyone else have this and passed? Many thanks

  3. Adz1994
    Started by Adz1994,

    Hi everyone, I have passed all my tests bar the information handling one, which I have a resit for in a couple of weeks. I'm having some difficulty with this paper and I don't believe that the sample paper online accurately reflects the level of difficulty of the actual test. I really don't want to fail at the first hurdle, and was wondering if anyone has sat the test recently who can give advice on the best way to study for it etc? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 257 views
  4. Matt C
    Started by Matt C,

    Hi folks. I am new to the forums and I am looking at applying to Notts police when they recruit at some point next year. In the meantime I am exercising lots and swimming etc etc. Anyone recommend any other revision I can do. Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  5. Insight1546621383
    Started by Insight1546621383 * ,

    Hello, I'm currently completing my application form and had a quick question. It asks for you to list your spouse/partner. Do I need to include my girlfriend? We've only been dating a couple months now all of sudden I need to meet her parents and ask for their DOB and where they were born?

    • 3 replies
    • 452 views
  6. AV88
    Started by AV88,

    Hello all, Does anyone know of any good links for practice papers for the verbal/numerical reasoning tests? I have a few practice papers that are included in some books that I have but worry that they may be slightly out of date? Finally, is a calculator allowed during the numerical reasoning test? (Time to rush up on my GCSE maths) Thanks.

  7. James Murphy
    Started by James Murphy,

    Hi Everyone, I have my final interview for WYP on the 28th, I have to conduct a 10 minute presentation, unaided with no notes. I have answers for the questions they want however, do they expect you to remember all the questions you want to answer? Or will they prompt you and you just respond? Dont want to drop marks if i can help in the interview if i miss out a question they have asked, just because im nervous! Many thanks, James.

  8. Drew
    Started by Drew,

    Does anyone know if you can apply to another force if you failed vetting with another force in the future? I was rejected for Vetting with SURREY POLICE due to a comment made by someone else on Twitter which was adverse. I have a twitter account but have never posted any tweets myself. My facebook is locked and don't use that too often. I was silly in posting a comment else where on a adult site which is open source. That is the only thing they could find on me. I am aware that the MET police seem to do things different from other forces i.e. they allow quite a few deviations from the ACPO. My only hope is to be honest in my vetting form and inform them of this and s…

    • 2 replies
    • 772 views
  9. Minishawsi
    Started by Minishawsi * ,

    Hi, Tried to find a similar thread but couldn't. I just have one question about the form you fill in for the vetting. Where you have to fill in your partners/spouses information, does that only apply if you live with your partner/spouse. I have a relationship of two years however we do not live together, as we are fairly young. Do I need to fill in their information? Many Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 454 views
  10. inyashed1546621367
    Started by inyashed1546621367,

    I've been emailed saying I start my CKP on Saturday, every Saturday and Sunday for 10 (or 12 weeks), however I was under the assumption doing the interna lCKP it would be full time Monday-Friday. Weekends I can't do it as I work, and I have to give 3 weeks notice to my workplace, and I've JUST been notified of the CKP today which starts THIS saturday! I've already spoken to my workplace and I cannot get time off for 10 weekends. Any help guys? The email says to accept or decline. If I decline, does that mean I'm just declining those CKP dates or declining myself from the WHOLE process? I just want different dates

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 599 views
  11. Cbeebies

    Hello, I've just started filling up my application today, two months ago I sent away for my criminal record to find out the details(specific date/arrest reason)of when I was arrested over 5 years ago for Battery. The result was no further action. Anyway, when do i declare this during the application? As far as I know an arrest isn't a formal caution or a conviction? So would it be under this question? What would be the best way to answer it? Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation (whether or not this led to any prosecution) or been associated with criminals? * Thank you

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 473 views
  12. AMD
    Started by AMD,

    Hi, Could anyone tell me what to expect at a fitness for Police Scotland and how to practice and improve please

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    AprilElizabeth *
  13. Cmc1980
    Started by Cmc1980 * ,

    Just looking for any hints & tips! I've read what to look at on the website but just seeing if anyone been through it recently?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. ifonly
    Started by ifonly,

    Hi All, Has anyone been on a talking blues course recently? I am considering attending one. Any good?

  15. bob1
    Started by bob1,

    I have spent 15 years serving in the military and I'm contemplating leaving to join to police. I was hoping someone could advise me on how realistic it is to move in to CTU after my initial two years probation. I have experience working within this field and would be willing to work extremely hard to fulfil a career in this specialist role. Thanks in advance for any comments.

    • 8 replies
    • 462 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.