Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Zaksly
    Started by Zaksly,

    So I have 6 weeks left of my 20 weeks training in Lancashire and then got my 10 week tutor phase.... 31 December sees my independent driving but I won't of done any driving by then...... When will I do it?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 970 views
  2. AMD
    Started by AMD,

    My partner had a drug addiction in the past, I understand that this would have a negative impact on my chances of working with the Police but could I be rejected because of this, I have never taken drugs myself, also he has been clean from drugs for 2 years

  3. jmc195
    Started by jmc195,

    Hi, noticed a few questions on here lately regarding what to expect on the day of an AC or interview. I strongly recommend buying a revision book and guide called " How 2 become a Police Officer" by Richard McMunn. Incredibly helpful; particularly the sample questions, scenarios and answers. Helped me right the way through the process at every stage.

    • 0 replies
    • 296 views
  4. stecarey
    Started by stecarey,

    Hi guys, I have been researching my application and in doing so have been looking at the Police Core Competencies and Leadership Behaviors. I am wondering if one of them has been updated with the other? Competencies- community and customer focus effective communication personal responsibility problem solving resilience respect for race and diversity teamworking Leadership Behaviors- public service openness to change decision making professionalism service delivery working with others Some of them seem similar with a change in wording. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 509 views
  5. stecarey
    Started by stecarey,

    Hi Guys, I am wondering if all of the applications forms for Police Officer Recruitment are the same, regardless of constabulary. I would like to start early on my application as I have some free time at the moment. I plan on applying online, it would be great to be able to copy and paste my answers into a word document, so that I can easily apply in the future when a force I desire to join begins recruitment. Thanks, Ste

  6. S/B

    Hi guys, I recently passed my AC and have a final interview soon for a PC role. The final interview is 20 minutes long, which seems very short. Anyone had such a short interview before? Not sure exactly what to expect from a 20 minute interview and how to prepare for it :/ ? Any general advice or areas to look at to help? Would be appreciated. Thanks.

  7. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Ok, so I'm getting the bug for starting threads etc lol. I recently passed paper sift and have starting my prep for A/C. At the minute I am constantly checking my emails, on-line account with NY. And I bet most of the people have been the same on here? Ok, at the moment I have more or less been told to wait out for A/C which is held on behalf of NYP by West Yorks and is likely to happen in October. I had a message on here saying that 'their friend' was through to the A/C and had a confirmed date. For some reason I am googling alot trying to find out how many applied intially and how many will be at the A/C. I can't find anything out at all except a piece from a local…

  8. Truvia90
    Started by Truvia90,

    Hi everyone! I used to take anti anxiety medication and have been off it for 9 months now. I have passed all my stages of the recruitment centre however i am just waiting for the OH doctor to sign off the forms, he is on sick at the moment. Will my history of medication hinder anything at all? It never affected work and i never took time off. I took it to reduce facial blushing! Thanks guys.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 967 views
  9. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi guys, since 2014 I'm trying to start my role as a PC. İn 2014 I failed my medical for hearing and then got a hearing aid. It took about a year then they told me because it's been over a year my medical is expired so I have completed medical again in April this year and passed. In May they sent me the vetting form to fill in and I did send it back to them. Since then never heard back from them, emailed hr.postselection email address but still no response. Don't know what to do, as I have researched and there's no number to call either. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

  10. blossom1546621377
    Started by blossom1546621377,

    I am thinking of becoming a Special Constable in the near future, however i have got mild Eczema on my face, its not that bad, but in the heat it does flare up a bit. I was just wondering, how do people in the police who have got eczema cope? What are your general experiences wih doing day to day police work?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Adz1994
    Started by Adz1994,

    Since some police forces changed their fitness tests, what does everyone think is harder, the bleep test or the 1.5 mile run?

  12. AMD
    Started by AMD,

    Would my family member having a criminal record and previously being in prison affect my application, I do not have a criminal record myself

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 645 views
  13. Morpheus
    Started by Morpheus,

    Dear Sirs/Madam I would appreciate your help in regards to asking about formal cautions etc on the application forms. I am a HGV Driver by career, i previously had a interview (i was cautionioned previous to conducting) regarding an incident when a dog ran into the middle of the road, and unfortunately being unable to avoid it sufficiently, hit it. Although i stopped and could not find the owner of said dog despite knocking on houses; then carried on and reported it at local police station at next possible chance. The dog limped off so no confirmation of death etc, and no report back regarding dog or its owner. Does the above count as a "Formal cau…

  14. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    Passed assessment this time last year but failed final interview. Just heard got through to assessment with a different force- can I use my score from last year or have to again?

  15. james6192010
    Started by james6192010 * ,

    Hi all, I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place or something please move or delete. So I'm going through the application and I'm struggling to think about my past experiences and was just wanting some inspiration. I need to answer a question about when I have had to make an unpopular decision and what was the impact. And also i need to answer one about when I've influenced people with two completely different agendas, how did I resolve the situation. Any help will be appreciate.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.