Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. danswans
    Started by danswans +,

    Hi guys I know there's probably some other posts regarding the police constable senior interview. I'm looking for some advise generally and from anyone who has been through this with Kent Police who can give me some idea of what to expect. Many people I've spoken to have said the following - View the force website for mission, values and goals. - learn these - It's just a chat really. It's just seeing if you can talk. - It's quite easy. They aren't there to catch you out at this point. - They ask you for examples of times you've done something relating to the core competencies. That's some of the feedback I've had about the senior interview but anything els…

    MajorDisaster +
  2. Kwaka0529
    Started by Kwaka0529,

    Good afternoon, I have my final interview for merseyside in three days- I can't absorb anything I'm revising and I am so nervous! Also, they said I need to take proof of my GCSE results- I don't have these, what do I do?! Should I email in advance or should I just show up without them? X Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  3. woodie45
    Started by woodie45,

    Hi, Can anyone advise exactly how much after tax and after pension had been taken they are coming out with during the first 2 year probation each month ? Also how much with overtime and unsocialable hours on average they are coming out with ? I'm just trying to get an idea as I'm starting in a month or so and dropping salary a fair bit so I really need to know the figure it could potentially be. Thanks, Ed

  4. AMD
    Started by AMD,

    Hi, I have been considering applying to the police for a while now and I am finally going to send my application, however I don't have much of a work history, is there anything can do to make my application stand out a bit more and help me prepare for the tests involved, also could someone let me know how long it usually takes to hear from them after sending your application and how much is there between finding out and the tests. Thanks

  5. AMD
    Started by AMD,

    Looking for advice regarding the Tulliallan Police College I saw online that you do not have to say over night is this true? It said under exceptional circumstances and if you live withing a sensible commuting distance I have thought about moving closer if this is the case, does anyone know?

    • 0 replies
    • 568 views
  6. Rupert
    Started by Rupert,

    Will joining the Conservative Party to elect the new leader and hence Prime Minister impact on your police application at all? Maybe a silly question.

  7. Liamscottcurran1546621370
    Started by Liamscottcurran1546621370,

    Hi everyone! I'm wondering what sorts of tests are given to you to assess your intelligence. Are they standard aptitude tests or are they specific to the police force? I've been doing online ones and it's made me realise I should have kept up with my maths since leaving school 4/5 years ago! I think Verbal Reasoning ones I'll be okay with, provided I revise a bit. Thank you! - Liam S.

  8. Hayley87
    Started by Hayley87,

    Hi All, I'm worried about the vetting form where it asks about financial history. My credit has always been great but my partner had a defaulted account 3 years ago. It has been settled and we have now purchased a house together. Will his bad credit affect me & my application? Thanks Hayley

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.6k views
    OldDogNewTricks1546621372
  9. Oz01
    Started by Oz01,

    I ve done my Assessment yesterday.I don't think I ll pass.I can just say that I was never in stressed as yesterday in role play and interview.I couldn't see anyone around who was smiling.I believe they were stressing and putting pressure on us for to see how we are mentally strong. Is anyone knows how long it ll take to get pass/fail results of assessment?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. East1991
    Started by East1991,

    Hi all ive just recieved the letter i've been dreading, failing vetting. Can anyone help me with my appeal. the letter does not give much away. It says due to 'security and confidentiality reasons' Am i right to assume it may be one of my family members. I did make a few mistakes on my vetting application which were not disclosing family involving with police and my addresses for the last 5 years. I know silly mistakes but my wife is pregnant and running here there and everywhere i completely forgot. I did however realise 2 weeks letter and emailed HR informing them immediately. Im trying to base my argument based around integrity, if i was so dishonest why would i e…

  11. woodie45
    Started by woodie45,

    Hi, I've just got told I've got through and been offered a position as PO for WYP after going through the last stage (medical) and passing. I just wanted to ask as the medical in my eyes was one of the worst parts of the process for people if we are assessed again at any point either during or at the end of the 2 year probation. If someone could advise that would be great. Thanks, Ed

  12. Belle2015
    Started by Belle2015 +,

    So I did my assessment yesterday for Suffolk. I have come away feeling so disappointed in myself. I studied hard for two weeks earlier and feel it got me nowhere. It will be a miracle if I passed. I clammed up on 2 role plays, clammed up for 10 minutes for 2 questions on the interview as the questions were not for what I prepared for. Rushed the written as I was running out of time. Words crossed out from mistakes, writing rushed and not neat in the slightest and maths, well I wont even go there with that! Epic fail! Anyone else feel gutted after an assessment before they got their grade?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  13. Zulu54
    Started by Zulu54,

    I'm writing up my interview questions and I'm looking for a post which had a very in-depth Competencies and i can't find it!! I'm unsure where is posted or which forum for that matter! Cheers Z

  14. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  15. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    If my GP signs me off to say they believe I am medically fit, regardless of any referrals to specialists. And I am assessed by the FMO, which they find nothing wrong, am I correct in thinking they would declare me medically fit, or would they want letters from a specialist, like a physiotherapist, urologist etc? Which would take a long time to receive. I know it's hard to give a definitive answer, I'm looking for someone to comment who might of been through the process and had the same concerns. Thanks in advance Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 462 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.