Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheCu
    Started by TheCu,

    A curiosity thread... If a serving Special/PCSO applies for the regulars but fails the vetting process, will he/she also lose his/her role as a Special/PCSO considering it is the same class of security clearance? Then again, it would be insane to hear if anyone who has actually failed vetting after passing it as a Special/PCSO... Though I can think of instances for that happening

  2. Justjake
    Started by Justjake,

    I have asthma that is mild, not currently using inhalers but I am prescribed them. I passed the fitness test and am awaiting a date for the medical. My GP signed my medical forms which I have handed in but not heard anything back yet.

  3. Collar
    Started by Collar,

    Hi folks, I have my head in the books at the moment prior to my upcoming national assessment centre, and I am studying my competancies for the interview. I'm aware the interview at the NAC consists of two competancy questions and two motivational questions. I was wondering if the competancy heading (for example Service Delivery) will relate to the competancy listed on the initial application form. Service delivery could be quite a vast area, but the initial application for asked a question about dealing with people with complex needs under the service delivery competancy. Will the NAC interview competancies be along the same lines as the application form? …

  4. Morpheus
    Started by Morpheus,

    After some consideration in regards to a career in the police force, i am stuck in a bit of a catch 22 My current occupation is HGV Driver (Listed as "On Road" Capacity Job) (Also have to follow drivers hours / WTD) The issue i have, in being that i wish to purvey a career in the police force; however, i am under the impression that recruiting internally is favoured (Special Constables ). This brings me down to a few issues, One in being with two options in which i have visioned currently. Idea I: Swap job to 9-5 which is not affected by WTD / Drivers hours (Weekly rest would be issue in current job) Doing so, would result in taking a huge pay cut, but enable…

  5. Renzakuken
    Started by Renzakuken +,

    Hello everyone So first time posting here; I'm happy to say I passed my AC first time, I genuinely thought I'd blown it with the final interview questions but I scored B's across the board! So here's the kicker; I applied thinking it could be an experience to learn from and re-apply in the next in-take. As such, I did not enrol and achieve getting my CKP. I've contacted recruitment and they've put my application on hold, while I chomp through a online course and take the final assessment in July. Has anyone gone through the distance learning and if so, what am I to expect? I've done uni twice and I enjoyed the post-graduate study in round two. How qu…

    Renzakuken +
  6. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    I had my bio metric vetting and my drugs test on the 25th of April. I heard they were doing 50 people ( 2 intakes ) For syp When will I hear back for my fitness test and start date?

    Sir Penguin
  7. woodie45
    Started by woodie45,

    Hi, I've recently passed the assessment centre and final interview so I'm selling my study material if anyone is interested :) http://rover.ebay.co...23%26rvr_id%3D0

    • 0 replies
    • 786 views
  8. DeltaJuliet

    Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anybody has come across a group discussion and physical problem solving assessment for their final interview, instead of the usual competency-based individual interview? I have mine coming up on 17th May and I was wondering how best to conduct myself! Thanks a lot! DJ

    Policeman123
  9. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Good Evening All, My Assessment Centre date is fast approaching and I was just wondering if anyone had any hints and tips to help prepare for the process? What are the exams like? How are the role play exercises? How is the day in general? I appreciate any information and feedback. Regards Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. hazt230
    Started by hazt230,

    Looking at transferring my AC score to Bedfordshire What is the force like to work for? Also am I likely to be able to transfer away after probation if personal circumstances change with it being a small force?

  11. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Good Evening Everyone, So I think everything went ok during the assessment centre last week, but 1 part. Fingers crossed! How quick have some people got there results back? I've been advised that they normally take 14 days but some have had them back a lot sooner. Regards Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 3.6k views
  12. woodie45
    Started by woodie45,

    Hi, I've recently passed the assessment centre centre and final interview so I'm selling my study material if anyone is interested :) http://rover.ebay.co.uk/rover/0/e12000.m43.l1123/7?mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D322087722593%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AGB%3A1123&euid=b8837ac249b0484f859195c0bbccd304&cguid=58185a0d1540a56b43d0ea20feb66f81&ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F0%252Fe12000.m43.l1123%252F7%253Feuid%253Db8837ac249b0484f859195c0bbccd304%2526loc%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%25252Fws%25252FeBayISAPI.dll%25253FViewItem%252526item%25253D322087722593%252526ssPageName%2…

    • 0 replies
    • 592 views
  13. BarrattsMini
    Started by BarrattsMini,

    Last topic from me, Sorry. Is there any way to find out which forces are currently recruiting? Obviously I failed at the final hurdle for WYP but would be happy to relocate and try again rather than waiting 6 months and that's IF they recruit again. Any advice appreciated.

    BeckyF1546621365
  14. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Just completed the assessment centre , Felt it didn't go to well but hope I'm wrong , I felt i Struggled on the maths as the questions was nothing like i had been revising for, Also felt the written tests didn't go to well as my writing is sometimes a little untidy and rushed but the time was against me in the end , All in all it was an intense day and all of the people i was with all came from a policing backgrounds and some currently serving as specials for over a few years. Hope i made enough to go through as 6 months is a long time to re-motivate myself and still only a quarter of the way through the CKP I hate waiting , 2 weeks from now i will know eit…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. hooch1546621314
    Started by hooch1546621314,

    Hi, I passed my day 1 last year but did not continue the Recruitment process at the time because of personal reasons. I'm reapplying now and have transferred my day 1 results into my application form. Anyone who has done this before - Did the recruitment process go any quicker for you because if bypassing day 1? Any insights would be really appreciated.

    hooch1546621314

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.