Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Zebraman
    Started by Zebraman * ,

    Hi guys, I got a lovely parking ticket today by Fife Council!! Parked outside my work for 10 mins on double yellow and got caught! Will this affect my vetting as I am Going through this just now. Thanks for your help! Jordan

  2. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Evening guys, I am currently a serving soldier but I'm about to sign off at Easter. I've always wanted to join Police and I'm forever looking in Durham and Clevelands websites to see if there recruiting. I know once I sign off in military I can start the application process in the Police as the recruitment process can take a while. Is there any websites I can sign up with to get regualar emails etc for when forces recruit? Is there any times/dates when they're released. Amy info would be great and good luck. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 742 views
  3. Mps126
    Started by Mps126,

    Evening all, I feel I know what the answer to this is going to be already, but is anyone familiar with any police forces within Canada who will offer jobs to Brit nationals, prior to receiving (permanent residence) I'm aware that it used to be the case that this was an option, however after something of a fuss it seems to have died a death. Just an enquiry if anyone knows something I do not, Cheers

  4. Mark English
    Started by Mark English,

    Hi, I have just had my assessment for the call handler positions for Durham Constabulary. Has anyone else in the recruitment process? What did you think??

  5. Polo1545926298
    Started by Polo1545926298,

    Hi all, I'm currently at the applicant stage and have some queries regarding the starting salary and the opportunities within the probation period for OT. From what I understand, starting salary at pay point 0 will be between £19,578 and £22,668. (non Met, non SE) It's also stated that on completion of initial training, an officer who entered at pay point 0 will move to pay point 1. (Pay point 1 currently sitting at £22,668). How long is initial training? I have read varying sources pointing towards it being around 30 weeks. Is this normal? I assume it varies slightly from force to force. After the initial training, there will still be several weeks/months …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Reasonable Man +
  6. Loki
    Started by Loki * ,

    Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, have been browsing for a while as i'm interested in what it's like to police in other jurisdictions. I've been a front line officer in a Canadian city for more than 10 years. The family and I would like to make a move overseas and i've been considering applying to forces in the UK as a police officer (as well as private sector employment). Do any of you know any Canadians who have made that move into policing over there? Were they successful? Did they realize later they must have been mad? I've served with a handful of brits (all great cops), and they give me different reasons for having left. Mostly that Canadian lifestyle suits them b…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 586 views
    Reasonable Man +
  7. Luki12311

    Hello everyone, I would like to ask if there is anyone here that applied to Met in 2015 with second language requirement. What is your progress up to date? And did anyone applied for Met Interest Free loan for your CKP, how you getting on with that?

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. AtreidesZ
    Started by AtreidesZ,

    Hi guys, Anyone else currently part of the recruitment process for Essex Police? I'm not sure what is going on. I passed my assessment and awaiting the senior interview stage, but have heard nothing from recruitment in 2 months at the time of this post. Have I perhaps missed something? Does my current situation resonate with anyone else? Is continued patience all I require? I am a little surprised that no other candidates have taken to this forum to get a feel for how normal this is. I'm usually the one reading about someone else's concerns and being comforted by the fact that I'm not alone. At the very least, I hope my post might comfort somebody else out…

  9. ribenademon
    Started by ribenademon * ,

    Hi, I am in the process of writing my first novel and I would like one of my characters to have a police background. However, I know absolutely nothing about the procedure for joining or even applying to the police, would anyone mind talking a little about what it entails and in particular if there are medical barriers to joining? If anyone can spare any time to do this I would really appreciate it, please comment below or email me direct at meloril_mctaff@hotmail.com if you would like to help. Many thanks, Martyn

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 449 views
  10. lauralogan88
    Started by lauralogan88,

    Hello all, So I'm a police officer with 2.5 years service and want to move to Canada. The government websites are very confusing with regards to works visas and permanent residency. I've already spoken to a Canadian solicitor who has confirmed I'm eligible for a visa however there would be fees if I were to discuss it further. I've looked into policing and there are no forces taking UK transfers although calgary and edmonton did have a UK recruitment drive late 2014. So that is where I'm looking to move as I think it will be my best chance. Can anyone advise which method of entry into Canada is best suited. Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks Laura Sent fro…

    • 2 replies
    • 301 views
  11. Frostychopps
    Started by Frostychopps,

    Just hoping for a bit of clarification on what bits of kit to buy-do we need separate shoes/boots for parade and patrol? And how soon do we need to buy these? Also seen on the new starter spec about needing a black backpack-is there a certain type/style we have to buy or can I go rogue and choose my own?!

  12. Anthony190
    Started by Anthony190,

    Hi All, I was very recently told that i had passed my assessment centre for hants and now the pre-employment checks start. The intake id like is in March and i was just wondering from other peoples experiences, how long can the medical, vetting and fitness take? Bearing in mind i have to give a months notice at work....for the same constabulary aha.

  13. DDB181
    Started by DDB181,

    Hi. I have my SET and fitness test in aberdeen on 1st March. Has anybody recently taken them? I notice you get a calculator now, which makes me wonder how much the actual papers will differ from the example papers, specifically the numerical paper? Surely it would be too easy with a calculator? Also, what were the information handling graphs like? Many thanks DDB

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. S4mup

    Hello guys, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a query I have. I recently attended an assessment centre with Lancs Constab. I started the assessment with the new 'incident report form' written assessment. I managed to complete the front of the incident report form however I unfortunately ran out of time when it came to writing a description of the incident. I feel a large reason for not completing the form in the allocated time was due to nerves. After this I moved onto the second written assessment which I found very simple and was able to finish in the allotted time frame. My question is, how are these assessments marked? Are the two assessme…

  15. frankie10
    Started by frankie10,

    Hi there not quite sure if I'm posting in the correct topic forum if I'm not I sincerely apologise. But I wanted to hear about current officers experiences of the Camden borough. I was told today that was my posting, however it wasn't even in my top 10 choices, and is quite far away for me to commute to every day. I'm told that once you have your borough its not open for discussion but I might appeal due to it not being in my choices as it is too far to commute to, however before I do so I wanted to see peoples opinions of the borough because if it is a good experience there I don't mind the commute so much if it'll provide me with good learning experiences than most oth…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.