Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Yup thats me. over 140 days now waiting on my vetting to clear! been told since May "its in research", "this usually takes time" the lady on the phone today was so obviously feeling bad because she knows how long im waiting and I can tell she remembers me. OK, what the hell is this? I don't think anyone has waited this long for their vetting to clear. So annoying that I done the language assessment last month and was reassured of an early start date, problem is time has went by and start dates are getting filled up, and im still stuck im so ticked off. Can someone tell me the contact email for the Met's Commissioner Sir Bernard, I sent him an email but I want to mak…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 689 views
    Mahoney1546621338
  2. oodlydoodly
    Started by oodlydoodly,

    Hi all My husband is severely dyslexic (diagnosed a year ago) and is on day 2 of being at his borough on coached patrol. He had extra time for exams during police training and passed all except one which he passed after a retake. Now he is out on borough the reality of the paperwork / pressure of having to know lots is starting to hit home and he cannot bury his head any longer. He told me this morning about the above and has said he wants to resign asap. I am worried about the following: A. He might regret this decision. B. He should at least get reasonable adjustments sorted before deciding. C. What reasonable adjustments are possible in reality? D. Is the job …

  3. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    Hi, I have came across opportunities with the CNC, and the BTP. I have no idea who to go for. Both relate to what I want, that being: A role that serves a specific purpose with an overall aim to keep people safe. I understand in the BTP I will be in the public eye, and somewhat more active etc... however, the CNC still undertake an important duty to protect others despite hardly being out in the public eye, or even making an arrest. They serve a very important role to protect Nuclear facilities, and materials, which does appeal to me. I would be put off the CNC if it was ''stand their all day until it's time to go'', but to my understanding the CNC regularly patrol thei…

  4. Gcam7
    Started by Gcam7,

    Hi guys Just wondering if anyone has been notified for fitness & SET in September?

  5. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Some of you may have seen my other tread as I would like to be a PC one day. But I am posting on behalf of a friend. He has concerns over his medical with Durham as he has been successful so far to become a PC. He had 3 months off with sickness this time last year with his back. Looking at Northumbria they do not except people with sickness records in past few years or so. I just can't seem to find anything about Durham Medical Policy on previous sickness although I have tried very hard. Can anyone shed anylight on the subject? TIA

    • 1 reply
    • 294 views
  6. DeltaJuliet

    Hi All, I'm a relative newbie to the forum who has recently passed the Assessment Centre and has now been invited to a second assessment. This has been described as a "group activity" based on the Policing Professional Framework. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this type of assessment and if they might be able to outline what might occur? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks. DJ

  7. chhay

    Police Officer Intakes 2015/2016 Thought I'd start a new thread to find out how many people are in same position as me and waiting for a 2015/2016 intake, or at the pre-employment stages ? Any other info relating to 2015/2016 Police Officer Intakes/budgets/relevant updates of new Police Officer recruitment within Northumbria would be welcomed on this thread too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Hi all, I'm new to this forum so go easy☺. I'm currently in Army but hope to be a Police Officer one day. Some of you may be aware that when you discharge from the Military you are entitled to some form of resettlement. So, earlier today I was looking at potential courses and 'Knowledge in Policing' was one of them. Can anybody kindly lend any advice or even a 'don't do it'. I except that is no means a guarantee to get into a force and also understand that some forces prefer protential recruits to have 'knowledge of Policing' others not so much. I have seen one of these courses for £800 and is distance learning online and over 12 months, which works out perfectly as …

    • 6 replies
    • 470 views
  9. chhay

    Thought I'd start a new thread to find out how many people are in same position as me and waiting for a 2015/2016 intake, or at the pre-employment stages ? Any other info relating to 2015/2016 Intakes/budgets/relevant updates of new Police Officer recruitment within Northumbria would be welcomed on this thread too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. daz1607
    Started by daz1607 * ,

    Hi folks Been thinking about applying for a long time and finally decided it is now or never. It might well be never though as I've just read through the medical screening guidance (http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Justice/policies/police-fire-rescue/police-scotland/Circulars/2004/Circular-18) and on this is a condition I have is listed as 'Likely Unsuitable'. Does anyone have any experience of applying and being successful when they have a condition which is marked like this? Gutted as I thought that as the condition is dormant and no longer needs attention nor is likely to in the future would have made it be assessed on an individual basis but after reading this, I thin…

    • 1 reply
    • 752 views
  11. learnersdirect
    Started by learnersdirect,

    Waiting for a offer

  12. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hi I am halfeay through my course with bluelight, i failed the 1st exam and was ment to resit it in August, unfortunatley i got admitted to hospital for a hernia op and couldnt make the 2nd exam. I emailed then to say and no one has got back to me, neither are they marking my assignments, i cant get hold of anyone and i heard they are not renweing their licence with collge of policing, what do i do

  13. Gcam7
    Started by Gcam7,

    Hi Guys. I am in the process of joining police Scotland. I have my SET & Fitness in September. I was wondering if I am successful with the joining process and training will police Scotland honour my holiday I have booked for 2 weeks next year? Or should I cancel it? Any advice on this would be grately appreciated. Gary

  14. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Just wondering how they score an application form? What is the format and how do you hit the relevant points to score big?

  15. futurescotcop
    Started by futurescotcop,

    Hi All, Just wanted to see if anyone else is currently in line for October or maybe September intakes at Tulliallan. Also if anyone has advice about college in any way then that would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to kill some time at home so suggestions of books to read or topics to look up could help me. I just have vetting to do (in progress) then final fitness and uniform fitting is all thats left. (first fitness was in May) Cheers!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.