Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chitts2323
    Started by Chitts2323 * ,

    Hi all! Have my final interview in 2 days time, I have researched my competencies to death and looked at recent police operations, who's who in the hierarchy of Essex police and gone over examples i could say for practice questions i have found! But somehow still feel underprepared! In the email they sent me it just included the date and time, along with the Police competencies, so not much information! Anyone have any tips or hints to pass! :)

  2. KerwinTaylor
    Started by KerwinTaylor,

    Hey everyone! Am going up on the 4th and was wondering if there was anyone else going at that date as well!

    Garfield1546621320
  3. ryeog23
    Started by ryeog23 * ,

    Hi guys, apologies if this has been asked before. I am applying for the Met Police, I have reached the part of the application form which asks for confirmation of London residency; which needs to total 3 years. I have never lived within Greater London, I have however worked in the area for London Ambulance Service for the past 12 months. As well as this I spend a great deal of time in and around the area (I am a serving soldier of 12 years, based in Colchester, Essex) I know this does not meet their eligibility criteria, but are there an caveats that they may consider. Given the amount of experience I have of frontline London work, albeit in a different capacity.…

    • 2 replies
    • 818 views
    Cosmo Smallpiece
  4. microlab
    Started by microlab,

    Passed the paper sift. Everything seems to happen so quickly compared to my first app shortly before police scotland formed. Submitted app on 5th of july and been given fitness test on 4th august. If passed expect first interview within following 2 weeks. Previously it went paper app, SET and then assesment centre where my journey came to an end. Fitness test is at east kilbride which is a bit of a drive for me all the way down in the borders. Does anyone have any idea whether it will likely be the 1.5 mile run or bleep test. Obviously i am preparing for both but having an inkling in what i may be facing would be good. Also SETs, I passed SET in december 2012, This …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. krisgmacleod
    Started by krisgmacleod,

    Hiya folks, Passed my final fitness test on friday there and have been told they are planning on getting me up to Tulliallan for the 17th. Anyone else going in then? Hope you are all keeping well Mac

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 560 views
  6. Mayne90
    Started by Mayne90 * ,
    • 3 replies
    • 432 views
  7. Kevinng88
    Started by Kevinng88,

    Hey thought i let everyone know theres a new programme on itv called rookies which is about new officers on patrol. It isnt about the met, i think it is to do with Lincolnshire police but still worth a watch i think, 1st episode is on tomorrow

  8. apple83
    Started by apple83,

    I wanted to get a sense of the number of the number of people still waiting for their vetting to start. I did my day 2 in January

  9. notlongnow
    Started by notlongnow,

    Morning all, So today feels alot better already. Have others recieved the more upbeat email regarding our applications. Why not save us the stress and attach some of the Q&A's in with the 1st emails lol

    Ollie Wilkins
  10. rihgirhrign
    Started by rihgirhrign,

    Hi all, It's been a year nearly since I completed the Assessment Day and Interviews etc. I've had a recent email explaining that the force hasn't forgotten about me and that any information regarding potential start dates (medicals/fitness etc) will be passed on to me as soon as they have any. Is anybody else in the same situation? When I did the Assessment Day I did it with a lot of candidates from Derbyshire Police. Maybe it's the same there as well as Leicester? Any news or previous experiences would be helpful Cheers.

  11. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Who else is waiting for their vetting to clear? I was on the phone to them last week and they told me they had one form to check and told me to call in 2 weeks time and it might all be cleared. Trying not to get my hopes high, but I'm just itching to get this whole thing over with!

    holder of equality
  12. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    This is a useful study aid for probationer constables. The package is written and created by a police probationer trainer and has received good reviews. The Probationer Audio Learning CD package is a set of 9 audio cds that help you to learn the legislation and procedures you need to know as a probationer police constable. Categories covered include: PACE, General crime including theft, burglary, offensive weapons, road traffic, breach of the peace, public order offences, football offences and more.... You can download sample audio clips and find more information on the package at: http://www.police-information.co.uk/crysta.../thecourse.html July 2004 Update Note: …

    Stuntman1546082842
  13. gema_argie
    Started by gema_argie * ,

    Hi everyone, I recently heard the news from CC blog that MOD intend to recruitment 120 and an advert is due to be released end Sept 2013. I have been waiting for recruitment to start up again since 2009, had application but was not the right time to apply. My step father is a serving PC and has been for 25 years, one of my inspirations to join and a great support I have spoken with the recruitment team, they really have no idea what and how they will recruit, she could not give me any advice on how to improve my chances, apparently they are still looking at how recruitment will take form, interesting??!! Anyway, I really would love to hear from anyone that is/has bee…

  14. Tay
    Started by Tay,

    Got my AC and second interview this week for police scotland. Any advice would be appreciated :)

  15. FreedomUK
    Started by FreedomUK,

    Hey guys.I don't know if im on the right website to ask this but i will What do the armed police do to check you mentally stable enough to be a armed police officer Someone mentioned " mental thinking assessment " it might be called something else I have Asperger's but that does not make me mentally unstable and unpredictable in a stressful situation. Im as mentally stable as a normal person. I do not suffer with the effects of Asperger and am able to communicate What would a " mental thinking assessment " or whatever its called involve?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.