Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. newman1546621319
    Started by newman1546621319,

    Does anyone know where the internal CKP course is held?

    neo21546620902
  2. Josuz
    Started by Josuz,

    I got Bromley for the June intake

  3. Spears1990
    Started by Spears1990 * ,

    Hiya, Was just wondering if anyone has applied to TVP and where abouts they are with application?! I'm awaiting my medical and fitness dates! Got told they plan to have intakes in May, June, July, Aug and Sept

    operationfirestorm
  4. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Out of curiosity more than anything, what are the highest % scores people have achieved at the assessment centre? Personally the highest I have known someone to get is 70%.

  5. PCWannabe

    Hi all, I was just curious as to how many times people have tried to be appointed into the police as a regular or special and at what stage did you get to at each attempt? If you have been successful how many goes did it take before you were appointed? I've tried three times for the regulars so far, once when I was about 22 and got to the equivalent of the assessment centre but failed at that . Fast forward 15 years (gaining some "life experience") and here I am at it again.... I passed the paper sift on my second attempt but didn't score high enough to be invited to the SEARCH assessment and on my third attempt I got to final interview and failed that :sad: ... so n…

  6. chrismoran906
    Started by chrismoran906,

    Hi I am collating applications for the MET Police to identify that persons in process are being offered places. This is to aid the online forum. Please provide the following 1. Date completed online tests 2. Date invited to complete online application 3. Date of completing online application and submission 4. Date completed assessment centres 5. Confirmation London or external applicant 6. Has course been offered or completed? Please take time to reply and help those who are in the process MET only. Thank you

  7. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    INTERVIEW FAQ Q. Any tips on questions I will be asked at my interview? A. Questions *may* include: "Why do you want to become a police officer?" "Why do you want to join XXXX?" "What have you done to find out about XXXX?" "Do you know of any current operations in XXXX?" "What have you done to prepare for the role?" "How are you going to find out about your team?" "What is the role of a police officer?" "Have you ever dealt with.....racism sexism etc...and what did you do?" "What do you know about the XXXX community and XXXX in general?" "What do you understand by the term equal opportunities?" "What are the issues surrounding divers…

  8. martin1234

    I get that the general opinions on the Direct Entry scheme are that you cannot put a civilian officer worker in a senior police position, but do you feel the same about people who have actual experience applicable to policing? For example, say an army major who has experienced combat, and is used to making quick decisions under pressure and in the field as well as having experience in human resource management. Would you think that he would be able to work in a superintendent role better than the finance workers or headteachers? Do you think that military experience is applicable to policing to a certain extent? I'd really like to hear your opinions on this matter as…

    Gentleman Jim
  9. Bazz1546621327

    I past my final fitness test on May 11th but still waiting on vetting clearing, anyone else on the same boat? I was originally down for the June intake but due to my notice period at my current job I've had to be bumped to the July intake because my vetting hasn't cleared. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Bazz1546621327
  10. jay25172875
    Started by jay25172875,

    While completing initial 20 week training are the weekly tests multiple choice or are they written? I'm asking for lancashire as not sure if the training is the same country wide. Cheers guys

    • 0 replies
    • 235 views
  11. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi guys, I've had a call today for 29th June intake. I'm external and moving from East Yorkshire. Anybody else out there who's external? Thanks x

  12. Alix Irwin
    Started by Alix Irwin,

    Hello I have my assessment centre, Saturday 6th June at 8 am. Does anyone else have the same day/time? also if anyone has had their assessment centre any tips? I am feeling OK so far about it, however, the maths questions are really worrying me as it is not my strongest subject. Can anyone remember what the required pass rate is? Thanks alix

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 359 views
  13. Cillymac
    Started by Cillymac,

    Has anyone who has applied for Durham heard back from the assessment centre yet? We were supposed to hear by Friday and I've still had no results.

    • 13 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Leftfield Research
    Started by Leftfield Research * ,

    Hi, My name is Philip and I work for a market research agency called Leftfield. We are looking to speak to retired (within the last four years) senior police officers (ie. inspector, chief inspector, superintendent, chief superintendent or above) as part of a research project that we are coordinating. This would involve taking part in a 25 minute paid telephone interview. If you are interested in participating please call me on 020 7407 2546 or send an email to Philip@leftfifeld.co.uk. Please share if you know people who might fit the criteria. Kind regards Philip Tester

    • 0 replies
    • 186 views
    Leftfield Research *
  15. Benjamon1991

    Hi, I have noticed that the majority of forums are very quiet in relation to the recent WMP recruitment drive so I thought I'd start this thread for all those who are currently in the application process, or those who have recently passed it. I had my telephone interview earlier this month and they have said I should hear back before the end of May. It's always hard to gauge how these things have gone, especially when it is an external recruitment agency conducting the interviews as you never know quite what script they're working to! Just hope I ticked all the right boxes! Has anyone else heard back following the telephone interviews, or has anyone recent…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.