Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone, Thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows. How do they sort the vetting out, some people have said they send them in batches of 600 and some people have said they're sent the beginning of each month. Does anyone actually know ? Cheers
-
-
- 15 replies
- 2.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi all, I don't if anyone else has received the email from the met about internal CKP starting in January. Does anyone have any information about it? Why they decided to do it internally? Thanks
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
- 6 followers
-
-
-
I was wondering at what stage you actually become a police officer? I mean, after the recruitment process and after you're given a training start date, when can you qualify as police officer and when are you given your warrant card? Just out of curiosity
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Any Info on Harrow/Brent/Barnet as boroughs, out there??
-
- 10 replies
- 561 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hey Folks, Just been told I have passed all my vetting checks and starting up at Tulliallan on the 3rd November 2014. Just wondering if who else is starting on this date aswell? If anyone has any questions about the process I would be happy to help, just PM me. Cheers Tony
-
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi folks Is there anyone else on here staring at Tulliallan on the 3rd of November? Eventually received my final offer this morning but they sure were cutting it fine. I'm hearing we'll be told our Division possibly on Monday but more likely Tuesday. How are we all getting on with buying our items? I think I'm nearly there but it is costing me a small fortune. Anyway, if you are heading to Tulliallan at the start of November then give me a shout. It'll be good to get to know some folk before it all kicks off.
-
- 5 replies
- 979 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi guys. First things first; I'm really not in the mood for horrible comments so if you don't have any advice to give, please don't post. I have my Day 2 fitness with the Met on the 26th (next Wednesday) and I'm struggling to hit 5.4 on a practise bleep test. And by struggling I mean I can barely reach past 4. I know this is terrible and I'm really embarrassed by this. I've been practising for the last few days to a week and now my shins are starting to hurt quite bad, and I'm worried that if I keep running I won't be able to run on the day due to pain. I have really crap shoes because I have no money in my bank at the moment, but have bought some high impact cushion ins…
-
-
- 52 replies
- 5.2k views
- 14 followers
-
-
Good evening all, As it stands i am currently serving in the Royal Air Force (Age 23). I have 6 years left on my current engagement. (Been in for 6) In the next 3-4 years i'm planing on leaving and looking to pusue a career with the police force. The exact force will depend on where in the country i am at the time i leave the RAF. So, i was thinking what sorts of things can i do to start preparing myself now? Are there any qualifications other than the CKP that i can start earning now to give myself a headstart , or things that will benefit me & look more appealing on an application form. I fully appreciate that things could change slightly in regards to the recruit…
-
-
- 4 replies
- 674 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Anybody else on this one? I got my offer last Thursday after months and months of agonising waiting and now I'm straining at the leash to get going! (Sorry if this is in the wrong place.)
-
-
- 146 replies
- 10.1k views
- 31 followers
-
-
Hi all, I have completed my day 2 assessment and am now looking to start the CKP. I've emailed a few providers and I had a bit of an odd email back from one today and wondered if anyone knows about any changes to the CKP? I emailed them back but haven't had a response yet. From the sounds of it the CKP may no longer be a prerequisite. But I've not seen any information to back this up anywhere else. The email is below: "Good afternoon Tim, thank you for your enquiry. We do have availability on the course and would be happy to register you on that course but must advise you that the MPS have recently changed the way they want to deliver the CKP to successful applicant. …
-
-
- 36 replies
- 2.8k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Hi guys, Currently been soo focused on my fitness I haven't really studied much for the SET papers. Will need to start soon! I am however concerned about the assessment day. What does it consist of in Scotland? I've read the sticky but have been advised that pretty much applies to England by a current PC.
-
-
- 6 replies
- 688 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hey guys. I had my day one assessment on the 30th July for the met. At the end of the assessment day they stated it would take 28 days to receive my results via post. I know it's different for most people depending on what recruitment group you are in. Just out of interest, how long was it until you guys heard back? If you are getting close to 3-4 weeks does that mean you may have failed? Last question, do you recieve results by post, email or telephone? I have no idea whether they do it differently over time. Thanks people! Andy.
-
-
- 66 replies
- 10.1k views
- 12 followers
-
-
Hi anyone starting on 24 November and based in sidcup also borough is haringey
-
- 2 replies
- 426 views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-