Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Snowflake1976
    Started by Snowflake1976 * ,

    Sorry if this has been said before but if I have filled out an application and passed the paper sift for a non home office police force, can I apply to join an other home office force? At what stage would I need to withdraw my application? Thanks in advance

  2. stecarey
    Started by stecarey,

    Good evening, I am considering owning a buy to let property in the future. I seem to remember reading somewhere about police officers not haveing a business outside of policing. Would a buy to let property count? Would it be possible to purchase a buy to let property once in the force? Thanks, Steve

    • 2 replies
    • 494 views
  3. Mr Met
    Started by Mr Met * ,

    Hi guys, New to the forum, Basically received the dreadful news of vetting refusal via letter a few days ago. They are also refusing to disclose to me why I have failed (security and confidentiality reasons) Which clearly indicates that its possibly something to do with a third party. If it was me then they have to reveal it under obligation, as that's what the guidelines say. I was almost very close to moving on, however I will appeal. After reading such success stories. Apart from a couple arrests as a kid ( school fights ect) resulting in NFA's. I have absolutely no convictions cautions or warnings against me. Neither does most of my fami…

    • 6 replies
    • 5.7k views
  4. JR1995
    Started by JR1995 * ,

    Hi all, Just thinking of joining up as a regular but away travelling at the moment, does anyone know if Essex Police will be recruiting in 2017?

  5. scary100
    Started by scary100 +,

    Hi all, I have applied for one of these support roles and currently in the recruitment process. Can anyone tell me what the shift patterns are like please for either role? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 645 views
  6. copwannabe
    Started by copwannabe,

    Maybe a silly question but a friend brought it up - at my interview next week how should I address the interviewers? As a sworn officer I would refer to superior officers as 'sir' and 'ma'am' but at this point I'm not a sworn officer. Is it too informal to refer to them by their names, but too formal to call them sir and ma'am prematurely? What have others done?

  7. MancMoss
    Started by MancMoss,

    Hi Everyone, I have a in force interview for SYP on Tuesday. I applied to pass on my assessment centre scores and was accepted. Anybody else have an interview soon with them?

  8. AledJ
    Started by AledJ,

    Hi, so I'm currently in the process of joining Gwent Police, and have just received my training start date for Feb 2017 (pending fitness, medical and vetting checks) So today I also received the medical questionnaire that I have filled out, and now also need my GP to sign and confirm the information. When I went to the surgery today I was told the cost could be £200 !!!! Now that sounds a lot for the work the GP will need to do, which is look at my medical records and sign said form....Done! Now I know it's classed as private work, but £200 is a joke! I know some Dr's will do it for free or only charge £20, but guess my Dr sees an easy £200. Has anyone else had to pay…

  9. Willhook
    Started by Willhook,

    Good evening all, my name is Will. I'm currently about to apply for the MDP (mod police) and would like some guidance on the recruitment and training process if possible. I am 19 years old at the moment. When I was 14 I received a section 59 for riding a mini motorbike in a field and was accused of criminal damage at the same age, fingerprints and DNA were taken but no charge or caution were bought about. How can I check this before I fill the form in or do I need to declare it atall? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

  10. Jon825
    Started by Jon825,

    Hi All Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long you wait to get the results following your final interview and on getting the results (and if successful) how long after is the fitness test?

  11. mrunhappy14
    Started by mrunhappy14,

    Hi everyone I'm new here but would like to ask the forum for some clarification on my failed vetting for a position with TVP. For clarification, I failed, appealed and this was dismissed. I'm an ex Police Officer, left in 2012 with an Exemplary Conduct certificate from my CC. I've applied to Join TVP as a financial Investigator and have had my vetting appeal dismissed without a reason. I understand due to the DPA that they can't tell you why you've failed but I can tell the forum I have no debts, no balances on my credit cards, no criminal convictions and have a decent bank balance. I do have a family member that recently signed ViSOR for 2 years, and was cautione…

  12. Futurecop
    Started by Futurecop * ,

    West yorkshire police are recruiting special constable next month.. but before that they require you to attend seminar.

    • 2 replies
    • 517 views
  13. rmartin92
    Started by rmartin92,

    Afternoon, I'm looking for some advice. I want to join the force (GMP or surrounding areas), however I am unsure weather or not I would be accepted with these tattoos. To me they are harmless, just some album art of a band, but I don't know what others think. I just don't want to waste my time applying, going through tests only to be told I cannot get in. What would you say?

  14. Snowflake1976
    Started by Snowflake1976 * ,

    I'm currently awaiting an invite to an assesment centre for the civil and nuclear constabulary. I'm working on my fitness to pass the bleep test, but does anyone have any pointers on what they are looking for in the competency based interviews, firearms assessment and written exercise. What can I expect and how should I best prepare. Thanks in advance.

  15. 999bill
    Started by 999bill,

    Anyone know what the take home pay of a new PC is please? Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 861 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.