Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
cjackson93

Reference requests

cjackson93

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to know - are we copied into all the emails with our reference requests ??

I have received a start date for training and CKP and so my vetting is done. Just waiting on references.....

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Policey_Man

This is Met, right? I think it can be hit and mess depending on who you are dealing with in HR. If in doubt, I'd contact your referees and advise them to expect something soon and ask them to respond quickly.

Member Achievements

XA84

When I was going through my recruitment stages with another force I was never copied in, as far as I understand this is something between your employer and your current workplace or personal reference. 

If I recall a friend once asked why this was the case and was told that it was due to 'data protection' and in case there is something on there that you disagree with. Not sure how correct that is though ;)

Always nice to see a new potential officer! 

Member Achievements

cjackson93
When I was going through my recruitment stages with another force I was never copied in, as far as I understand this is something between your employer and your current workplace or personal reference. 
If I recall a friend once asked why this was the case and was told that it was due to 'data protection' and in case there is something on there that you disagree with. Not sure how correct that is though 

Ah right thanks! Keep hearing conflicting information ... I think I just need to be patient. Come so far now just want everything sorted! Nice to meet you!

• Like 1

cjackson93
This is Met, right? I think it can be hit and mess depending on who you are dealing with in HR. If in doubt, I'd contact your referees and advise them to expect something soon and ask them to respond quickly.

Yes MET, and yeah contacted them - just going to be patient now :(

Mod4246

Yes MET, and yeah contacted them - just going to be patient now _.ab65e6bfc357ab2e5da359c89ca1fbd9

Im in the exact same boat as you with the MPS.

Completed my ckp in February and had a message from HR to say it's been accepted and vetting was sent out too and should clear soon.

Then had a call from vetting to say it's clear a few days later.

Then another email from HR a week after that to say vetting has cleared and that you'll be CC'd into emails for referencing and it's dependant on CKP PASS before start date.

Then an email directly after that one from another person in HR asking when I'm due to complete my ckp and that my start date Intake are being processed now and that they need my ckp forms.

Ive emailed the person in HR with a forwarded copy of my confirmation of ckp pass email that HR sent me and the email saying my vetting has cleared. I've also asked when my references will be checked. So it's a bit confusing for me as I'm literally waiting for my references to be checked too and I just want that over and done with so I can find out my training centre and BOCU

Let me know if you get CC'd into them or not

When's your start date?

Sent from my iPhone

Member Achievements

joey_shabadoo

I wouldn't have though they would copy you in.  I do know they will request if it is ok to ask your current employer for a reference but previous employers and character references, they will contact them directly.  Like a another poster said, its worth dropping your references an email just so they know its on its way and to get it completed asap.

Edited by joey_shabadoo

Member Achievements

Policey_Man
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 09:39, XA84 said:

If I recall a friend once asked why this was the case and was told that it was due to 'data protection' and in case there is something on there that you disagree with. Not sure how correct that is though ;)

The Data Protection legislation allows you to see all information held about you that isn't subject to a security classification, so that would be a reason to copy you into the requests, not to not copy you in....

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
2 hours ago, Policey_Man said:

The Data Protection legislation allows you to see all information held about you that isn't subject to a security classification, so that would be a reason to copy you into the requests, not to not copy you in....

Excluding intelligence which is how information is not visible. 

Member Achievements

Policey_Man
1 hour ago, funkywingnut said:

Excluding intelligence which is how information is not visible. 

Obviously. But as references are coming to and from external people who don't have any clearances for the most part, their comments can't be protectively marked. So you can view them. If anyone tried to tell you otherwise, challenge it.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Mod4246

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to know - are we copied into all the emails with our reference requests ??

I have received a start date for training and CKP and so my vetting is done. Just waiting on references.....

I've just had an email from HR to say that references will be sent out next week & that I'll be CC'd into them.

If you're applying to the MPS give the recruitment number a call and request HR for a callback and they will get someone from HR to give you a call when they're free to discuss your application.

I was waiting nearly 12 weeks from my day 2 to hear back that vetting hadn't been sent off yet but once I did get the email to say it had been sent off I received my conditional start date straight after.

Hope you get an update soon

Sent from my iPhone

Member Achievements

Ctr-lib

What kind of information is asked for on the reference? 

My my current employer only does a basic reference 

NCFPA

Basic reference is BASICally confirming you worked there. ...

Member Achievements

Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David