AV88

Transferring SEARCH pass mark.

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Recently been told by my force that  it's unlikely I will be starting before Jan 2018, this is despite filling out forms and signing declarations stating we wouldn't book any annual leave in 2017. 

Passed an in house interview and SEARCH to get to this point.

Considering transferring my application to another force. Does anyone have any experience positive/negative about this process?

Many thanks

Wow that's a long wait which Force is this?

I have done so before and rang HR so I'd advise giving a call. Forces can differ slightly in transferring so it will depend on which one you wish to transfer to.

Member Achievements

This is Hampshire. They've said due to high success rate this year the earliest intake available for myself is Jan 2018 - could be even longer. 

Yeah I think a few phone calls will be made. 

Thanks 

I transferred my SEARCH score. The process is quite easy. The chances are that they will just ask you to send over another application from without completing the competency questions at the end and attach a copy of your SEARCH feedback report to it. 

They will probably ask you to attend some sort of final interview much like the one you said you have attended. 

Member Achievements

Thanks for your swift response.

When you transferred yours was the force you transferred into open for recruitment or did you contact them to enquire?

1 minute ago, AV88 said:

Thanks for your swift response.

When you transferred yours was the force you transferred into open for recruitment or did you contact them to enquire?

It was open for recruitment. People only usually transfer their score when a force is open for recruitment or have advertised 'accepting SEARCH transfers'. 

You could contact the force though, they may have some sort of waiting list but I imagine you'll get the generic response to 'check our website for updates' :rolleyes:

Member Achievements

This is Hampshire. They've said due to high success rate this year the earliest intake available for myself is Jan 2018 - could be even longer. 

Yeah I think a few phone calls will be made. 
Thanks 

I too got the same email from hampshire!!! So disappointing got so long to wait.....have you looked into transferring??

Sent from my SM-G935F using the Police Community App

If it helps, I saw that South Yorks were accepting SEARCH transfers the other day - they have specifically advertised as such.

A lot of forces who are open to new recruits will probably consider SEARCH transfers, even if they haven't specifically said so, so if anywhere is open, I'd ask the question.

It should be quite easy as SEARCH is a national system..... famous last words I know....

Member Achievements