Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Francish

Medical checks

Francish

Evening All,

Recently passed the Final interview, just getting my medical and vetting sorted out.

Unfortunately from the point of applying to one year beforehand, i have had three periods of absence due to illness, totaling 5 days. I'm certain I'm going to get dropped due to that (really frustrating, although it's not in writing yet) I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight into the way HR works on these things. I know I will just have to do it all and see what happens but it's sitting as a weight on my mind 24/7.

Kind regards,

Francis.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

• Like 1

alicing

HR know that we are only human. If you have reasonable explanation and medical excuse for your absences but you and your doctor can confirm to them that it won't be a regular thing I don't see why it should be a problem. As far as I can see, 5 days illness in one year is not ridiculous and one bad year doesn't mean you're unfit for duty, but that's just my opinion, sit tight, be open and honest as to what you were off for and I've got fingers crossed for you.

Good luck & keep us updated!

• Like 2

Member Achievements

MajorDisaster

A day here and there (or two days) over a year is way below what most people would take.  I would not worry in the slightest.

• Like 1

Member Achievements

JD180

I'm sure I have read somewhere that as long as it's under 20 days over the last 3-4 years its acceptable, don't hold me on that in regards to your force.. but I'm sure I read that in the Cambs website somewhere.

Member Achievements

AledJ

Francish I wouldn't worry as others have said, and I know that is easy to say. But before my medical I was worried the doctor might question my knee injury, but it was not even mentioned (although my medical notes said all was ok)

And the weight on your mind.... I know the feeling!! But remember the hardest part is done (in terms of the application)! Try to look forward to a new start, new adventure! I know I can't wait to start my training.

XA84

I really wouldn't worry, as long as you can give reasoning you should be fine. I am aware of somebody who had double that and still got through with flying colours. 

Member Achievements

Francish

Medical passed and approved, references in plus biometrics done. Now comes the waiting game. Any idea how they will contact me? I presume via email as they have until now.

• Like 1

JD180

Usually always via email these days.

Member Achievements

Francish
Usually always via email these days.

Cheers JD - looking forward to hearing (or not depending on the outcome).

Francish

Well it looks like you were all correct - I've been given my start date. I do t think it's quite properly hit me yet. I expect it might start sinking in only when I go to
the uniform fitting.

• Like 4

AledJ
Well it looks like you were all correct - I've been given my start date. I do t think it's quite properly hit me yet. I expect it might start sinking in only when I go to
the uniform fitting.

Great news!!! The realisation that I would be starting my training next Monday a month ago seemed unreal, but it has now sunk in and I'm looking forward to starting! I thought getting my uniform would make it real, but actually knowing I start Monday has really made it real!

Best of luck!
  • Like 1

Francish

Great news!!! The realisation that I would be starting my training next Monday a month ago seemed unreal, but it has now sunk in and I'm looking forward to starting! I thought getting my uniform would make it real, but actually knowing I start Monday has really made it real!

Best of luck!

And to you too! Plus anyone else going into the force!

• Like 1

Sir Penguin

Congratulations on your good news.

Keep us posted with how it all goes.

Member Achievements

Ewa
the uniform fitting.

Well done! I felt the same. I also thought uniform fitting will help it to sink in but it actually didn't ; ) it was exciting and.. unreal haha. My start date is 20th of March and it's slowly stresses me out, I feel.. I think the only thing that can make it real is Day 1 of our course lol good luck!

Francish

Well done! I felt the same. I also thought uniform fitting will help it to sink in but it actually didn't ; ) it was exciting and.. unreal haha. My start date is 20th of March and it's slowly stresses me out, I feel.. I think the only thing that can make it real is Day 1 of our course lol good luck!

Well enjoy! Do let me know how your early days go :). I'll probably update once I've started.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David