Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
ADC

Failed Final / In-Force Interview

ADC

Found at a 9am this morning that I haven't passed the final inforce interview for SYP.

I was only interviewed yesterday and felt it went well at the time. It was purely competency based. I was on time, spoke clearly, sat up straight etc.

What are the rules for transferring an AC score from one force to another?

I achieved 67 at the AC which seems to be a good score so I am hoping another force will give me an opportunity.

Member Achievements

Eebs

Apply to a force that doesn't have a final interview :lol: literally just save a copy of you search score results document and when applying they'll tell you to either send a copy to their recruitment email or how to deal with it otherwise :)

• Like 1

Member Achievements

ADC

Is there a time restriction on when you can apply.

I've been looking at Derbyshire as they will be recruiting soon but their website states you cannot transfer a score if you have failed any stage after AC.

Member Achievements

TheCu
1 hour ago, ADC said:

Is there a time restriction on when you can apply.

I've been looking at Derbyshire as they will be recruiting soon but their website states you cannot transfer a score if you have failed any stage after AC.

That's just counterproductive then, why would anyone transfer an AC score if they haven't even had a chance to try the final force interview with the force they originally applied for?

Some Forces will still take you on, the 6 month rule applies to app form and AC centre as in you can't attempt those twice in a 6 month period. Not applicable to Final interview as that is an optional step put in by Forces. Good luck whatever you do, 67 is a great score.

Member Achievements

DB11

It is force specific. The six month ban on applying only applies to papersift and assessment centre. You're good to transfer the score, whilst it's valid, to any force that will take it :)

Member Achievements

Sir Penguin
2 hours ago, DB11 said:

It is force specific. The six month ban on applying only applies to papersift and assessment centre. You're good to transfer the score, whilst it's valid, to any force that will take it :)

Not entirely true.

Although the College of Policing guidelines say that the 6 month rule only applies to the application form and assessment centre, I know most will still make you wait the 6 months from rejection with the odd exception. 

Member Achievements

Jeebs

Northumbria Police are taking, drop them an email. They would be reasonably local to you in Yorkshire (bleeeeergh, dirty word)

Member Achievements

Prae

As stated some forces will take it and some won't, you can only ask.

Be aware though that if you didn't miss the mark by a long way you could be invited back for a second attempt depending whether they get enough through the interviews.

SYP/HP have been doing this a lot lately, lowering pass marks and giving second chances to make up numbers. Give them a call to make sure this won't happen before you try transferring because you might be doing yourself out of a second chance.

Member Achievements

Gio

That's a fair point, I did not quite get the 60% at Assessment centre and they dropped the pass mark to 55%... but thankfully passed the In-force interview, so it would always be worth looking into that.

Member Achievements

Wilson28
Found at a 9am this morning that I haven't passed the final inforce interview for SYP.

I was only interviewed yesterday and felt it went well at the time. It was purely competency based. I was on time, spoke clearly, sat up straight etc.

What are the rules for transferring an AC score from one force to another?

I achieved 67 at the AC which seems to be a good score so I am hoping another force will give me an opportunity.

I sat the force interview for SYP yesterday (which I thought went well) and found out this morning that I'd been unsuccessful. Although they've told me they'll be inviting me for another interview within the next 6 months. Is this the same for you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using the Police Community App

gravity2000

I likewise sat the interview yesterday and thought it went well, obviously I thought wrong :).

I have requested my feedback and will use that as a guide on how to improve next time.

I have been invited back for a second interview also, not sure if this is done for all or just those who just missed it ?

Wilson28

I think they should interview everyone first and then make their decision as to who's through and who isn't. Apparently they've been telling people the day after their interview, but how can they guarantee they will get enough people succeed by the end of it all? Wouldnt suprise me if they're short on successful applicants and end up lowering the pass mark. Apparently they did that with the AC.

gravity2000

I thought they would do everyone and then rank them overall but obviously not. I am looking forward to hearing about my feedback, I am a strong believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

do you think everyone has been invited back then or only those who just missed it?

Prae
I think they should interview everyone first and then make their decision as to who's through and who isn't. Apparently they've been telling people the day after their interview, but how can they guarantee they will get enough people succeed by the end of it all? Wouldnt suprise me if they're short on successful applicants and end up lowering the pass mark. Apparently they did that with the AC.

They can't be sure which is why they sometimes drop the mark or invite people back. At the end of the day there are many thousands of applicants for a few hundred jobs so they can afford to be picky.

Not good when you're trying to get in but resilience is a core competency for a reason!

Member Achievements

gravity2000
43 minutes ago, Prae said:

They can't be sure which is why they sometimes drop the mark or invite people back. At the end of the day there are many thousands of applicants for a few hundred jobs so they can afford to be picky.

Not good when you're trying to get in but resilience is a core competency for a reason!

They have already invited us back within the next 6 months, what is the likelihood of them lowering the scores mate?

Paid Membership Required

There are 16 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David