Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Sign in to follow this  
FIBENE

Speeding endorsment

FIBENE

Hello!

I have recently completed my final interview with Northumbria and I have been given a conditional offer of employment, dependent on vetting m, fitness ect....

However today, I have received a letter informing me that I have been clocked speeding (38 MPH in a 30zone)

Will this effect my application or would there be a chance I could do a speed awareness course. I've no points on my licence and I've never attended a course before.

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

MindTheGap

You must declare it. It shouldn't affect your application, it will only cause grief if you don't!

Member Achievements

FIBENE
You must declare it. It shouldn't affect your application, it will only cause grief if you don't!

Thank you for the reply. I have just completed my vetting form last night so I'll contact HR tomorrow to let them know

DB11

Definitely declare it. I applied with three points on my licence and it was no issue. But you are within the threshold for a speed awareness course so you may be offered one of those :)

Member Achievements

Cuddles

Some sterling advice above and as long as you declare it you will have nothing to worry about. It's not a big deal at all. :)

Member Achievements

FIBENE

Hello, yeah I'm going on a speed awareness course! I'm happy with that!

HR were great aswell!

• Like 1

Rocket
1 hour ago, FIBENE said:

Hello, yeah I'm going on a speed awareness course! I'm happy with that!

HR were great aswell!

I wouldn't worry overly, when I did my last laser speed device refresher half the class including the officer running it put their hands up when asked who had a speeding ticket.

Member Achievements

FIBENE

Ha that's good to know. I'm driving everywhere at the moment at 29mph! I'm still on a conditional offer so I don't want to mess up any further ha!

Sherlock
Ha that's good to know. I'm driving everywhere at the moment at 29mph! I'm still on a conditional offer so I don't want to mess up any further ha!

You say you're "still on a conditional offer". What do you mean by this?

The job, or the ticket received for speeding?

-Sherlock

Member Achievements

FIBENE

Lol!
I still need my medical and hair sample done. Then it will become an offer of employment.

Sherlock
Lol!
I still need my medical and hair sample done. Then it will become an offer of employment.

Excellent - just wanted to clarify as the 'Conditional Offer' with the speeding offence would've meant something entirely different to Conditional Offer of Employment.

As the (useful) authors of the posts above advise, get on to HR. You've not broken the sound barrier with that speed and hopefully all will be well. Not disclosing it is where the issues arise. I've even known some traffic officers having to attend NSAC's - disclosing what they do for a job as 'Civil Servant'. (Psst. [for the Pedantry-folk] I'm aware this isn't the correct job heading for police officers).

-Sherlock

Member Achievements

FIBENE

Thankyou for all the advice. HR have been great and vetting has cleared now so just waiting on the last few tests. I'm itching to get started now! X

• Like 1

Hoofing

Make the most of training school! I wished mine away, and sometimes wish I was back there :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Member Achievements

Ewa
Lol!

I got traumatised of how much hair they cut off lol good luck to you!

FIBENE

I got traumatised of how much hair they cut off lol good luck to you!

Ha were you scalped?

Paid Membership Required

There are 6 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.
Sign in to follow this  

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David