Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Ron234

References/current work dilemma

Ron234

Current situation- passed my final interview,  in vetting and reference phase, done my ctc check form and sent off my references back to police.....1 week after this (and everyone at work knowing where I am at this point in process) I was suspended from work last Friday with an allegation and with a fact finding tomorrow.....I'm devastated beyond belief due to the timing and the fact it could ruin my potential career soon....my current work have not received anything from police yet regarding refeeence and only put down facts based on what they are asked.....any help or guidance please on this awful situation which is very coincidental seeing as incident involved in happened over 2 months ago with no concerns, I am letting recruitment at police know tomorrow after my factfinding so I am honest throughout the process......HELP!!!

• Like 1

maxbanks1983
Current situation- passed my final interview,  in vetting and reference phase, done my ctc check form and sent off my references back to police.....1 week after this (and everyone at work knowing where I am at this point in process) I was suspended from work last Friday with an allegation and with a fact finding tomorrow.....I'm devastated beyond belief due to the timing and the fact it could ruin my potential career soon....my current work have not received anything from police yet regarding refeeence and only put down facts based on what they are asked.....any help or guidance please on this awful situation which is very coincidental seeing as incident involved in happened over 2 months ago with no concerns, I am letting recruitment at police know tomorrow after my factfinding so I am honest throughout the process......HELP!!!

Hello. Sorry to hear about your current situation. I would imagine it depends on the seriousness of the allegation and the outcome.

Some helpful advice. Worrying will not solve anything so I'd try your best to stay calm until things become more clear.

Speak with HR and inform them as this is the honest thing to do and shows a good sense of integrity. However I would imagine they can't do much from their end either.

It's very much a waiting game I'm sorry to say.

I hope things get sorted for you tho. Stay positive because if you are innocent, it will show that.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Policey_Man

Ron, as you suggest, being honest and open with the Police is a good call. What's the latest and how are you getting on?

Member Achievements

Ron234

I called HR and let them know and emailed them, they have put my application on hold until I get an outcome and then they can progress my application which is fair enough on their part. I will be going to a disciplinary hearing in next two weeks, where hopefully it will be thrown out or that I get a 1st warning....I don't know how that will affect my police application if I do get a warning?

joey_shabadoo
21 hours ago, Ron234 said:

I called HR and let them know and emailed them, they have put my application on hold until I get an outcome and then they can progress my application which is fair enough on their part. I will be going to a disciplinary hearing in next two weeks, where hopefully it will be thrown out or that I get a 1st warning....I don't know how that will affect my police application if I do get a warning?

Sorry to hear that mate.  Do you think it has got something to do with the fact they know you could be leaving?  Best advice is to have your union involved at all times or at least somebody you trust.  Hopefully it sorts itself out.

Member Achievements

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David