Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ConnieRBC
    Started by ConnieRBC * ,

    Hi, I've been looking at the FAQs and can't seem to find my question. I'm looking at going to university next year, does anyone know if I can be a special alongside doing my degree? Obviously, i'll be there for the terms and most likely coming home for the holidays, also there is an optional year in the USA so I won't be able to do my hours then, or can I transfer to another area for when I'm home and at university, or could I add up my hours to make up for when i'm not their? Is this possible? Thank you

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 773 views
  2. AidanT1
    Started by AidanT1 * ,

    Just looking to start my CKP, I read online that convictions/relative convictions can effect your application. I think my uncle has convictions so I was just curious as to what kind of family convictions can stop you from applying?

    • 2 replies
    • 474 views
  3. Animal Mother
    Started by Animal Mother,

    I'm not an SC but I'm in the process of applying. My current job requires me to hold a warrant and I have legislative powers, I'm essentially a Government inspector. My job isn't on the Restricted occupation list, however, could this still affect my application or the chance of me being an SC?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 616 views
  4. lyndseyjane81
    Started by lyndseyjane81,

    Hi, has any recently sat the PIR for Merseyside Police? I was there earlier in the week and passed. Face to Face interview week of the 19th. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Melissa-84
    Started by Melissa-84,

    Hi everyone, Im looking for some advice, I have almost finished my training and I want to know as a SC will I still be able to work if/when I decide to become pregnant in the future, im not sure on the polices. I know I will be limited to duties but I was hoping someone might have more information.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Juliet Papa
  7. tru
  8. tru
  9. EPSTEIN
    Started by EPSTEIN,

    Do specials still have to do role play or do they only have to sit an interview. What does the day 1 for specials going on to PC consist of? I'm sure that the day 1 for internal applicants is different to the day 1 that external applicants (public) go through.

    • 1 reply
    • 483 views
  10. onurlevent
    Started by onurlevent,

    Its my final re-sit before my attestation (which I hopefully will be attending). I failed 'Drink Driving' from KEE3 and would appreciate any tips/advice anybody has regarding this topic. I'll read thoroughly through my handouts and RTFQ and RTFA.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. BravoWhiskey
  12. Razzman48
    Started by Razzman48,
  13. BravoWhiskey
  14. woodyx
  15. tru

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.