Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MikeAlphaRomeoTango
    Started by MikeAlphaRomeoTango,

    Hi All! One of those 'I have a friend' topics (but honestly, its a friend) lol A friend of mine is in the later stages of Specials Recruitment and he works Nights, well 5am finishes... Do you think this would hinder him joining a training course as I was talking to him, I pointed out that training can start at 9am on Sat & Sun's, Anyone on PS work nights and done training? Any suggestions I can provide? I've done what I can think of and that was talk to the management to see if shifts can be swapped around. Thanks All!

    • 3 replies
    • 602 views
    stoppedreality +
  2. Liv7Yarn
    Started by Liv7Yarn,

    I'm not sure if I'm just being the typical girl but I don't know what boots to buy or whether I get the size I am or the size up?? I start my training on 30th of August! Help me please :D

    • 1 reply
    • 573 views
  3. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    I've managed to bag myself a final interview. Can anyone offer any advice in what I should expect from 'hypothetical questions to test readiness for a situation'... ?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 686 views
  4. Vanillacoke94
    Started by Vanillacoke94,

    Hi all, I am wondering if anyone is able to give me a list of the forces that currently accept CKP? Would also be helpful if you knew which other forces are planning to adopt it of not all? Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 981 views
  5. BGC32

    These are questions aimed at any Police officers that were once special constables: How did you become a regular constable? (internal applications etc) Did you have to retake the medical and eyesight tests, or were they simply transferred across? Did you have to undergo the same training as a new constable without previous training? Thanks in advance for any replies.

    • 1 reply
    • 670 views
  6. Keith Evans
    Started by Keith Evans +,

    Hi all, I'm looking at changing my career, and want to join the police. ( regs or specials ) how do I get an application form and where do I get one from ? Thanks Keith

    • 3 replies
    • 397 views
  7. Gsp8
    Started by Gsp8,

    Hi is there rules or guidance about where you should live with regards to the area where you are policing in??? For example is it a general rule to not live where you are policing?

    • 12 replies
    • 752 views
  8. Bigshoetimmy
    Started by Bigshoetimmy,

    Is eye sight something that is checked throughout the job as a PC or just when you go for new roles within or take driving tests?

    • 1 reply
    • 416 views
    X261546081054
  9. PatrickSealey95
    Started by PatrickSealey95 * ,

    Hey guys, I have recently ascertained the 'Westshire Centre Welcome Pack' prior to my assessment on the 23 July 2014. I understand that the assessment process has recently changed. I was wondering if anyone remembers or is aware of any of the 'topics' or 'subjects' you were asked to propose changes for during the assessment? Also, would anyone have an example of a question asked based on one of the Competencies? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 713 views
  10. miffy1546082788
    Started by miffy1546082788,

    How does one become an Internal Affairs officer? And would anyone want to job that department?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 598 views
  11. Left foot breaking
    Started by Left foot breaking * ,

    Hello I've just signed up to this so I apologise in advance as I'm sure this "vetting" query has been covered countless number of times before. A long story short I've reached the final stage of the recruitment process. Medical completed, vetting in process and references contacted. The only issue I have is that on my initial application to the force it asks for previous employment. Not fully appreciating the importance of this I only listed 2 employers out of roughly 5/6 in total. I was due to come back to complete that section once I gathered all the dates of employment etc but it's something that slipped my mind as I rushed to submit the application. I genuinely fo…

    • 8 replies
    • 771 views
    Left foot breaking *
  12. greenpolo
    Started by greenpolo * ,

    Hello all, I have somewhat unique situation and question regarding joining as a special. I'm currently serving in the RAF, and have been since I turned 17. I've been in about a year and half and put simply, I'm not enjoying it, mainly due to simply being inadequate at the trade. I've always had an interest in joining the police but discarded it as I thought getting in my age would be near impossible. However having seen a fair few young'uns out and about, I'd love to start a possible career in the police. So basically, how realistic is it to become a PC having joined as a SC? Cheers for any help!

    • 4 replies
    • 519 views
    MajorDisaster +
  13. Terry K
    Started by Terry K,

    Hello Everyone. I have finally passed all the parts of the application process and i am now on to training. I just wanted to ask a quick question. Is there a chance that Specials can be Drug Detection Dog Handlers?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 479 views
  14. Theoretical
    Started by Theoretical,

    Hello, Would having an active Interest In politics affect someone's chances In becoming a special? I ask this as I really enjoy politics and If I became a special would I have to give up my political Interests? Thanks, Rob.

    • 5 replies
    • 483 views
  15. Freeslice
    Started by Freeslice,

    Hey guys just a quick question, I'm currently a Assistant manager of a night club. I've passed all assessments and currently just awaiting my vetting decision on becoming a special constable in my local force. My director has asked me to do my personal licence and I have so far refused saying I don't think I can because of my police stuff. He has said he thought that was only if I was going to become a licencee not a licence holder. I was wondering if anyone knew the answer?

    • 9 replies
    • 671 views
    Zerotolerance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.