Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Yeeeee my application for Police Scotland was successful. I have set exam and fitness test next fri 11th. Any advice would be appreciated!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 594 views
  2. KopiteDW
    Started by KopiteDW,

    Hello! I've been reading these forums for awhile and now I'm finally ready to apply to be a special but I'm not 100% sure whether this classifies as a caution or not (whether to put it on the application form or not) When I was 13/14 (cannot remember the date or exact year as it was so long ago) I was in a group that was ejected from a swimming pool for bad behaviour and the police attended and gave us a telling off and took all our details (never mentioned being cautioned etc) My parents then received a letter a few weeks down the line from the police about the incident and said if I got two more letters I would have to meet the neighbourhood police team (obviously ne…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 663 views
  3. GeordieGent
    Started by GeordieGent * ,

    Hello everyone, I accidentally ran a red light today, it was a misjudgement on my part and as such I've rightfully been pulled for it, which I have no complaints over. However I recently completed the vetting forms for a police constable role and at the time of filling them out I'd never had any cautions or warnings from the police. I have been told by the police officer that I will receive a letter regarding the incident within two weeks but I won't be summoned to court or face any penalty points on my licence or pay any fines. With that in mind will I need to do anything to alter my application to take into account the incident? I am totally clueless whether th…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 848 views
    Richard Yokely
  4. BlindBee
    Started by BlindBee * ,

    Hi Everyone! I was wondering if anyone could advise me, I attended my assessment day 2 a few days back, everything was going fantastically well, passed the hearing test, beep test, all paperwork was checked but I failed spectacularly on the eye test, without my glasses I couldn’t even see the top row of numbers on the chart! I was passed on to the doctor there and she told me that without something like laser eye surgery this would be the end of the line for me. I was devastated to say the least and laser eye surgery is simply not feasible for me but whilst browsing the web I came across something called Orthokeratology which involves getting fitted with a type of conta…

    • 7 replies
    • 549 views
    Policey_Man +
  5. mk6golf
    Started by mk6golf,

    Seriously..... Yes I know, fashion advise I am going black suit and black boots. What colour shirt. I could be mysterious and almost magical with a black shirt. Looking crisp in a white on. Like my old day job banking in a pale blue? What would you advise? I was going to go open collar as I did a steak out at the last assessment centre and most people seemed to go over in suit trousers and just a shirt. Any ideas would be good. Assessment centre is next Saturday! Cheers!

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 848 views
  6. Ellie Whitefield
    Started by Ellie Whitefield,

    Had interview sat for specials. Only lasted 30mins! Thought would of been longer? They didn't question me on anything on my app form only asked me questions off form they had in front of them. Came out feeling really unsure. I fluffed up on one question purely because lady asking me was very very strict and stern and I didn't seem to get what she was saying which I was honest and told her but then I got what she meant in the end. The guy was great totally understood him and got on brill with. I had to ask them about training and well I asked pretty much a lot of questions as I thought they would of covered them! They said I'd hear this week. I did ask for feedback but the…

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. JadeCamb
    Started by JadeCamb * ,

    Just had my assessment day today and have a question about the PIRT test marking. I know I did badly on the maths section, but well on the others. My question is, is the pass mark based on the overall test score or do I need to pass each section separately in order to get an overall pass mark?

    • 3 replies
    • 454 views
  8. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi all, I've got trhough my fitness, and just have medical and vetting left. So chuffed! :D I'm filling in the questionnaire, and I was wondering if short-sightedness classes as a visual defect? I wear glasses to correct my vision, but it doesn't list short(or long) sightedness as an example. Cheers!

    • 4 replies
    • 381 views
  9. DAN11546082777
    Started by DAN11546082777 * ,

    Hi guys, new here. I just wondered if anybody knew if you actually have to take the CKP before applying to the MET (as a new police constable), or if you can undertake the qualification during the course of the application process? On the MET website there are various incarnations and wordings of ‘to start a training course you must have attained the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing’, but I can’t seem to ascertain whether completion of the course is an absolute prerequisite to my application, or if it simply needs to be done by a certain stage of the selection process (eg before the start of the training course). I’m sorry if this is going over old ground, or if this…

    • 7 replies
    • 506 views
  10. apearce91
    Started by apearce91,

    Hi, I have got an interview next week for Devon and Cornwall Special Constabulary. I have been told the four competencies that my interview will be based on, they are openness to change, service delivery, professionalism and working with others. I have been preparing a lot but can anyone provide me with any information on the kind of questions that will be asked and how many for each competency? Any help is appreciated Aimee

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 737 views
    Administrative Account
  11. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    Hi all. Just a quick question. If you visit a friend/family member in prison. Would this effect your vetting? And where on the vetting form would you write this info? And what info/detail should you go in to? Cheers guys.

    • 8 replies
    • 644 views
    morale_outbreak
  12. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Hi does anyone know of any useful apps to get when going the through the specials recruitment process?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 346 views
  13. Cali
    Started by Cali,

    Hello, Just been offered my date to start training end of next month, but was wondering if it was worth buying any books to help me get a basic knowledge of sections and laws and what not? If there are any books what would you recommend? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 527 views
  14. snash1039
    Started by snash1039 * ,

    Hi, I have a interview for BTP for CCTV Intelligence Officer, and was wondering what questions they are likely to ask in the interview. I want to get my self prepared beforehand. I would also, like to know IF they offer free travel to and from work. This was not mentioned on the JD. Regards, Snash1039

    • 3 replies
    • 423 views
    Administrative Account
  15. chrispick1977
    Started by chrispick1977,

    Hi all I had my pcso assesment day for North Yorkshire Police on the 28th January and I'm sure they told me it would be two weeks from the end of the assessments when I got the letter telling me if I had made the next stage or not. Well that day would have been today and I just wondered if any one else had had their assessment day and how long it took to find out if they passed?

      • Like
    • 93 replies
    • 3.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.