Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jack06
    Started by Jack06,

    Hi all, I had a look through the posts and was surprised to see this not being asked! What sort of jobs does everyone do whilst volunteering? Also I'm not happy in my current job (hospitality) and want to make a move to become a Special and eventually relocate to Australia. What sort of jobs does the MET look favourably on when considering an application, I would be doing this job as full-time whilst volunteering. Lastly, I couldn't see on the Police recruitment site any information on how long you need to 'serve' as a special before being able to transfer, does anyone know? thanks guys, and look forward to the responses! Jack

  2. kirkatronics
    Started by kirkatronics,

    Hey everyone, I have just applied for a Special Constable role and wanted to ask a quick question. Will me having a high BMI knock me back at all like in the TA? I ask because I have a high BMI, 33, but i can still easily carry out all the fitness requirements. Regards, Terry

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Beckygracetaylor
    Started by Beckygracetaylor,

    I have an assessment day in March for regular recruitment and trying to sort out my examples for my competency interview, I believe that one of the skills tested will be working with others. One of the questions they could ask could be 'when have you taken another persons viewpoint into account' I have no idea what example to give here, any ideas? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 799 views
  4. beardecough
    Started by beardecough * ,

    Hello all! I'm new to this forum etc, good to see the nice amount of information on the site - really useful and helpful, thank you! I'm a 1st year student at the University of Nottingham and was wondering if anyone here has knowledge of the training system in place? I'll be 20 in April and meet all required criteria etc, currently on their site it says 21 week training at weekends? Surely that's not 21 weekends straight is it, or are there intensive courses available? Thanks a lot! Oliver

    • 2 replies
    • 336 views
  5. kirkatronics
    Started by kirkatronics,

    Hey everyone, I found out that i passed my assessment and sent back my medical form. As long as everything comes back on those, am i in for sure, or will there be more sifting of the applicants?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 615 views
  6. MT1982
    Started by MT1982,

    Hi Peeps, I've got my assessment day 1 tomorrow for the Met. I was wondering if anyone has any last minute tips. Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Tasha182
    Started by Tasha182 * ,

    Newbie in the process of application with syp needing advice regarding GP medical form charges Hi im just wanting some advice regarding a charge for the gp medical form. Im in the process of apllication to become a member of the Special Constabulary and one part is a GP form being signed to sign off that i am fit and well. The form is 10 pages long and its yes/no answers, which are all NO as i am fit and well and i filled this in. The doctor has to tick 4 boxes regarding my health, stamp and sign the form. I was told it would be £25, but i was later informed the doctor wanted £134! This has been ongoing for nearly 4 weeks and has been passed to another doctor who i h…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Jeffers1546082739
    Started by Jeffers1546082739,

    Hello I have been reading tons of information here for days and came across an interesting thread about the CKP Course, from what i understand instead of going through the process most of us are currently going through, i.e. Specials then Regs. I was wondering whether it would benefit me to take the course aswell as serving as a Special Constable? However the course seems to be a bit of a cheeky way to boost yourself into the Police force. I am not entirely sure what people think of the course, perhaps someone who has been on it themselfs could tell me what it is like and what has to be done. Regards Jeff

    • 5 replies
    • 818 views
    Cyndre1546081576
  9. lpoolalan1546081127
    Started by lpoolalan1546081127,

    Hello. I Emailed vetting today to see how my vetting was going on and got a reply that said "All our vetting checks have now been carried out and vetting status granted by the Force Vetting Unit" I then asked what I was waiting for as online it still says pre-employment checks. I got a email back saying all my references are back and they are waiting on the results of some of my testing. Does this mean I have passed vetting and they are waiting for the results of my biometric and drug testing ect, they were done in early January. I don't want to think I have passed vetting then be disappointed because I have misunderstood the email. Thank you

    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  10. securityman
    Started by securityman * ,

    Currently I am a SIA licenced security personnel, my job includes working at various venues and event, also involves ejecting fans. Will I be able to apply for the special constable role?, will there be any problems when applying?. Thank you, all answers appreciated.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 500 views
  11. Abbiecarman
    Started by Abbiecarman * ,

    I want to be in the police, I'm 17 so gotta wait till I'm 18 but what's the best way to get in? I'm gonna have 2 a levels and need to do volunteering, I don't want to go uni, can I still get into the police?

    • 10 replies
    • 555 views
  12. Alcedema
    Started by Alcedema,

    Have been practising my verbal reasoning and best/worst situation judgements but, having just been giving my assessment centre pack, have been told that for each question you have to mark its effectiveness using 0-6. Not as straight forward as just worst/best answer, so anyone know how harshly a wrong answer is marked? E.g. you think a scenario scores a 4, but answer was 3 - is that just plain incorrect or do you still get awarded some points?

    • 5 replies
    • 530 views
  13. DeltaBravo92
    Started by DeltaBravo92,

    Hi all, I have been invited to two Assessment Days next week (yay!), and am wondering what to expect, what I should take etc? Any help or advice greatly appreciated, Dave.

    • 1 reply
    • 438 views
  14. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    How is the PIRT marked? If I was to do bad on say maths could I balance my marks out by doing good on say the verbal reasoning section?

    • 1 reply
    • 325 views
  15. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    What force have yous all applied too?

    • 7 replies
    • 393 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.