Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. groovy_potato
    Started by groovy_potato * ,

    After a long time waiting I'm finally starting my training to become a special constable with Derbyshire police and I'm quite nervous and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect during my training.

    • 5 replies
    • 276 views
    Administrative Account
  2. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Hi everyone, I got confirmation today that I passed my application and I have been invited to an assessment day. I looked at the available slots and the only one is in 11 days time. I'm not that confident with maths (fractions/percentages), any tips on how difficult the questions for the maths side will be?. Any basic help would be fantastic thanks.

    • 10 replies
    • 686 views
  3. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    I just received an email inviting me to an assessment process on 18th January! What am I to expect? All I have been told is to be on time and bring ID.

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 3.2k views
  4. donna89
    Started by donna89,

    Hi Just a query I am in the process of becoming a PC with a force and I'm at the medical stage of the process. I completed my medical questionnaire and now have to complete a consent form as they want a medical report on my thyroid - I just wanted to know if this is normal practice? Is it common to request medical reports and is there anything I need to worry about? I can't let this fail me :-( Thanks Donna

    • 1 reply
    • 353 views
  5. original poster
    Started by original poster,

    Hi all, I have my Assessment Centre tomorrow to become a special for Thames Valley Police and have a couple of final questions that I'd appreciate an answer to! I am a smoker, what's the stance on this? Should I keep it to myself and not smoke for the day? How long will it realistically last? It starts at 8.30am I'm left handed and my hand writing is pretty poor, not to mention I never write free hand anymore (always on a computer!). Will this hinder me? Thanks in advance guys, really appreciate any input!

    • 9 replies
    • 428 views
    original poster
  6. ~Shaun~
    Started by ~Shaun~,

    I have just re read my application for like the 5th time. i have already sent it off and have an assessment day due in march. Here the problem... I have said No to this question. Are you in arrears with any existing loan/mortgage/hire purchase agreement? i said "no", when i should of put yes! I have a loan which i am paying off, i was un able to make last months payment, But i had sent them a letter asking if they could help me out. I am awaiting to hear from them but this loan WILL be paid of by the end of february before my assessment day. Do i need to ring them up or email them and tell them that i do have a loan? Obviously the vetting will see i have a loan which…

    • 10 replies
    • 613 views
  7. SW9

    Hello all I have a few questions that I would like to get some answers for, just simple stuff really. 21 year old male speaking here. I recently applied for the Met Police specials sometime in the middle of January last month. I haven't yet been called in for a day one interview, although i received a confirmation email that my application is being processed. However yesterday I received an email that currently all special applications have been paused, until they have sorted out the regular constable applications. Does anyone have information on how long this could take ? I am concerned that this could be for months and months. In the meantime should I attempt at ap…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  8. ThePolice
    Started by ThePolice,

    Afternoon everyone. Just a quick question to maybe allay any fears that have been running in my head all weekend. A bit of background: I've passed all the stages of the Police Constable recruitment process for my force, and I am due to start training in March (fingers crossed). Now, over the past few years I've had a bit of bad luck with two health issues. One was a football injury, which required minor surgery, and a couple of months off work. The other is that I've recently been diagnosed with IBS. Now for the past few years I've had to have days off here and there when I've had severe stomach cramps and the obvious traits of IBS (lol). However, this being undiagnose…

    • 3 replies
    • 618 views
  9. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello all, I have recently applied to South Wales Police as a Public Service Centre Operator (taking 999 calls etc), however I received a letter confirming I have failed vetting and therefore I have been rejected from the recruitment process, it did not state why. The interviews havent even commenced yet. I declared everything, the only thing which I could think that may of affected the application was my caution for criminal damage, which I received in January 2006, I declared this. I have already emailed the vetting team to see if I can appeal this and I have asked if they can clarify exactly why I have failed. I guess I was wondering if anyone can offer any advic…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. Gareth Evans
    Started by Gareth Evans * ,

    Hi everyone I was wondering if there is any online PIRT you can print off an practice. The only force I know that allows this is North WALES police are there any more?

    • 0 replies
    • 329 views
  11. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Purely out of curiosity, as I'm not sure 100% if it's covered in the general Vetting guide that's already on here…(I did look. ) I have my letter of confirmation to start SC training next month, it states that the offer is subject to final pre-appointment vetting checks. Does anyone know, is this by way of references? Also, does anyone ever receive an actual written confirmation when vetting has been cleared, or do you just get a similar sort of letter/email that states your start of training/induction day? I'm pretty much sure it is just references, but just wondering if the whole vetting itself could still be ongoing or not? I know how much of a relief it can be to…

    • 2 replies
    • 381 views
  12. Mdon
    Started by Mdon +,

    Hi all, thought I'd post this as it's the first time I've known a federation speak out like this. They've actively recommended people not to join the MDP. http://www.dpf.org.uk/latest-news/change-to-terms-conditions-of-service-for-new-entrants-transferees-from-other-forces- What are your thoughts? mods feel free to move to misc forces I was unsure where to post this.

    • 0 replies
    • 334 views
  13. mw1525
    Started by mw1525 * ,

    Hi all I recently enquired about becoming a special within Humberside police, and as I have been told to declare everything and not lie I sent am email saying that unfortunately I have a CCJ against me and other debts I also informed them that all where being paid off monthly have no late payments and would still be able to apply to which I received an answer of no. After the answer I looked on a few websites and found under the heading of Financial Status its says Applicants who have been declared bankrupt, or who have outstanding CCJs (County Court Judgements) will be rejected. This is because police officers often have access to private or privileged information, wh…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 414 views
    operationfirestorm
  14. The Machine
    Started by The Machine,

    http://www.college.police.uk/en/docs/120927__Dual-force_Circular_Final_Version.pdf Just wondering if there are any Specials in the UK that are on this scheme or what their views are about this. I understand this is not Force / HO policy.

    • 5 replies
    • 404 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  15. Dachshund90
    Started by Dachshund90,

    Hello everyone, I purchased these books the other day and can highly recommend them to anyone wishing to do any pre course studying!

    • 1 reply
    • 269 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.