Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Immigration Enforcement Officer (ICE) I am not sure where to post this as it seems that there is no forum or area specific to border force? I received an email today that I have been recommended for appointment for the above role. All that is left is some pre employment checks. Does anyone know what these include. I am worried I have a CCJ for a small amount of money, will this prevent me from passing security vetting? or should I call them to discuss it? I have a court date in Jan 2014 to set it aside but am worrying this will prevent them employing me. Any help most appreciated.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.9k views
    operationfirestorm
  2. Metcop892
    Started by Metcop892,

    Hi looking to hear from people who have completed/currently on this course and what they reckon to it? Weather they would recommend it to others? And if the distance learning style was good? Thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 826 views
  3. DaveWHU
    Started by DaveWHU * ,

    Hi guys I am new to the forum and would like a bit of help with my CKP if anyone would be so kind? I am currently researching Social Cohesion, Social Change & Understanding the community. Basically it's asking me to 'describe the needs of society' & 'explain ways in which police power and authority, attitudes, and behaviour can help create or undermine public trust'. Would be very greatful for some help! Thanks guys! Dave :new_yummy:

    • 2 replies
    • 282 views
  4. question-time
    Started by question-time,

    Once your fully trained as a special how easy is it to switch across to full time with a salary if a job of a full time officer comes up ? Or do you have to complete a year as a special regardless m

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  5. question-time
    Started by question-time,

    Not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not however i am in the process of joining the the specials and I have an appearance question . I am not fully sure on male hair regulations. As long as its off your neck and and ears and not in your eyes is there any rules?. As usually I have my back and sides clippered to a number 1 and left long on top with the top neatly gelled back. It looks smart and with no gel I have a fringe but it does not go past my eye brows it stops just before. Would this be allowed ?

    • 2 replies
    • 311 views
    Administrative Account
  6. Rosemary
    Started by Rosemary +,

    Hi all, Just wanted to give a couple of general reminders for Questions about Recruitment. Firstly, regarding Force Specific questions (e.g. how long does the process take, what stage comes next) it may be worth posting these in the Force Specific areas first as often you'll find more specific answers there for queries that can vary largely between forces. That said, some Force Specific areas are used more than others and so it may be that it will be worth posting here more generally if nothing is forthcoming. Secondly, just another quick reminder about 'txt tlk'- have seen a couple of examples of it lately and just wanted to highlight Forum policy that it's not welcom…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    I`m just wondering is there any serving officers here or anybody that has been refused medical clearance because of having Crohns disease or Ulcerative Colitis? Or possibly both? If there is any officers, how do you cope with the condition and the demands of police work? I ask this as I am waiting to see if I have one these conditions, fingers crossed I don`t.

    • 3 replies
    • 409 views
  8. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi all, Back in 2012 I went through a Red Light and was told that I could accept the points or take a Red Light Awareness Course. Although I took the Course, would I still need to mention this on my application to become a Special Constable? Thank you

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Just thought I'd share my experience. I had my Specials Induction day today, really enjoyed all of it, although I must make sure I don't consume so much caffeine and sugar beforehand next time. Bordered on feeling like a kid in a sweetshop! lol Met some really good people and looking forward to the end of March. If only I could sleep until such time………..

    • 4 replies
    • 533 views
  10. ChrisTurvey
    Started by ChrisTurvey * ,

    I have my Special Assessment on Wednesday 22nd January and I am trying to gather as much information about the positive/negative indicators in the interview. I was wondering if anyone knew any information that could help? Thank You

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. bongo116
    Started by bongo116,

    I have started a new topic hear since I had my wrist slapped for hijacking another thread with my questions. I, like many people, joined the MSC as I have wanted to be a Police Officer more than anything for as long as I remember and I was told that this was the only way to join the job. I applied, did all my training and was attested. Almost immediately the rules changed and all of a sudden I found that for the first time in years recruitment was opened externally and any Specials had to wait until they got IPS to apply internally. I now have friends who have applied as a PC and are awaiting Day 2 results simply because they couldn't find a job out of uni and knowing I…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. kirkatronics
    Started by kirkatronics,

    Hey guys, in just under a month i will be going to the assessment centre. I have read that we will be given some scenarios and will be monitored and feedback given to us. Can anyone give me some scenarios so that i can know what type of thing to expect?

    • 3 replies
    • 391 views
  13. original poster
    Started by original poster,

    Hi guys, I have my assessment centre for the TVP to join as an SC on 13th February and am wanting to do as much preparation as possible to give me the best chance, I really want this! Having read through page after page of these forums I thought I'd start my own post about gaining advise. What training material (ideally online, happy to pay for it!) would people recommend to give me a total understanding and practice of what to expect at the assessment centre? Practice tests, typical interview questions etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 993 views
  14. Sc Diceman
    Started by Sc Diceman,

    hi all, I passed the assessment centre 9 months ago when I applied for a regular position and have been holding out for the same force to start recruiting again. in the mean time I have seen 2 PCSO positions that both say i'll have to pass an initial assessment. is this the same? if I have the regular assessment score that is under a year old can I use this? regards

    • 1 reply
    • 391 views
    operationfirestorm
  15. BGC32
    Started by BGC32,

    Hi to anyone that's reading this. I have a couple of questions regarding Police Specials recruitment (Avon and Somerset). I appreciate that there are guides on specific parts of the recruitment process, but i couldn't find the exact answer that I need so I thought I'd make a post. I recently completed the initial apollo assessments online, have submitted my application, and have recieved an interview offer. My interview is at the beginning of next month. I've had little information regarding the interview with regards to what to expect. I'm unsure as to whether its just an informal chat to get to know me and see whether I'm suitable, or whether It's a formal, structured …

    • 5 replies
    • 395 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.