Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TP2
    Started by TP2,

    Apologies if this exists elsewhere - have looked online and the one email address I've found online bounced back - does anyone have the recruitment emails for the above forces? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 297 views
    SierraLimaSierra
  2. dc543
    Started by dc543,

    Good Luck to all those who are currently under going the Assessment Centre for North Yorkshire Police Regulars over the next couple of days.

    • 8 replies
    • 603 views
    morale_outbreak
  3. DanTheOutlaw
    Started by DanTheOutlaw,

    I have an interview on the 27th for the specials in London that I may or may not be attending and I have two competencies that I'm fairly happy with but I've been looking at what they consider to be positive indicators and it's quite annoying as my examples (which I consider to be competent) don't seem to cover many of them. Will I be assessed on my answers or are the interviewers trained to be robots who are only looking for ticked boxes? I'm getting slightly frustrated and concerned as my interview is so near and I don't see a point in wasting the trainfare if I've not got a chance.

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    Hiya, does anyone know the required scores for Public Order and Firearms Officer? Need the info for a piece of college coursework. Thanks, Smeders!

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1k views
  5. kitty.

    Hi! Today I've received a letter asking me to attend the PIR test. However, the letter also states that all recruits are required to demonstrate competence in the Welsh language, and that I will be tested on the same day that I attend for interview. Now i'm not sure if the interview takes place after the PIR (if I pass), or on the same day as the letter did not specify this? Thanks,

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 420 views
  6. MattyManutd91
    Started by MattyManutd91,

    As the title says just want to get some confirmation if the 6 month rule cover each force in the country. Reason I ask is I got an email from the MET saying I had narrowly missed the pass mark, but wanted to know if I can either apply for a different force or use the results I got ( don't know exactly what they are yet ) for another force. Thanks in advance

    • 23 replies
    • 778 views
    special by name
  7. EssSee
    Started by EssSee,

    My girlfriend doesn't live with me but she works at a nightclub in town as a manager and would eventually need to attain a personal licence for her job. Will this cause a problem for me during vetting? I have been honest about it, not that i can see how this might effect me as a Special Constable. If this will effect the outcome of my application then i might have a very upset ex girlfriend in a day or two :new_wave: :lol: Thanks

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 960 views
    Administrative Account
  8. QueensFolly
    Started by QueensFolly,

    So I have my final interview on Sunday, and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips to help me out, if its allowed? I am really nervous as this is all I have ever wanted. Also I have to retake my fitness test and was wondering if anyone had any fitness tips for me, I need to lose weight and do the bleep test too. Thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 396 views
    Administrative Account
  9. Lcw
    Started by Lcw * ,

    Hello I'm at the medical form stage and have a quick query. Mid October I pulled my back out at work heavy lifting ,I went to the doctor and he deemed me to have a slipped disc, so he signed me off work for 2 weeks. After a week I felt much better and returned to work ( I'm thinking perhaps I pulled a muscle and not slipped a disc because if I did I don't think I would have recovered that quick). On the medical form my GP has sighed to say I am fine health wise and said I can take on strenuous physical exercise but has wrote in the time off work due to illness section saying I had time off due to the slipped disc. So my question is do I need to tick the back probl…

    • 4 replies
    • 438 views
  10. jack1231
    Started by jack1231,

    So, i received a email a couple weeks ago giving me my day 2 date I've spoken to someone i know who has just passed everything including there exams and will be introduced to there station next week, i've read the email through and looked things through and it does seem fairly simple and easy to pass, just one question is that my friend didnt do a drugs test and it says i will undertake one, it dont bother me as i have never done drugs and never will do drugs just do they test everyone or is it just certain people? p.s i cant wait till i pass this and get a date for training

    • 4 replies
    • 441 views
  11. oMIKEYo
    Started by oMIKEYo,

    Hi all, I know this has been asked a thousand times before as i've read lots and lots of threads on here but never read a definite answer to the question. I'm not sure if the question is one which cannot be answered by any on the forum however, it seems a 'general' question therefore i would assume the answer is OK to be shared. Within my 'Specials Recruitment Assessment Process' booklet, under the 'What information can you give me about the interviews' it states that; It mentions that i will be asked four questions, each being 5 minutes lasting approx. 20 minutes. "We will assess you on five different competencies during the 20 minute interview. Oral communication wi…

    • 5 replies
    • 683 views
  12. EssSee
    Started by EssSee,

    My Special assessment is fast approaching and I was just wondering if there is anything else I could do to prepare as I want this more than anything. So far I have ; - Suit and shoes ready and polished - Been on a ride along which I highly recommend - Prepped each competency question/answer and any other answer I could think I might get thrown at me. - Came up with a few answers to ask the panel at the end - Practiced my handwriting, spelling and grammar. - Came up with a structure so I can literally talk about any subject for 5 minutes for the solo presentation. No role plays involved for the force i am joining (TVP) If anybody has any tips or I have misse…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 757 views
  13. cv65user
    Started by cv65user,

    so i didnt get the job with police ( had to go through sc,ctc,dv , (failed) employment check) but may have got job with NHS so im just wondering if a NHS based SC is same as police SC? i will have access patient confidential information been told its just a CTC , criminal one , last 5 years address - is that right? can I do a FOI on my SC with the police that I originally so I can engage if I am likely to pass SC with NHS? (providing they are the same thing) as per http://nhs.itworksrec.co.uk/page/286/Security-Clearance-Our-Guide.htm The following security vetting stages comprise a full SC clearance: Baseline Personnel Security Standard Departmental / Company Re…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3k views
  14. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    I received an email today offering me a role as a Special Constable! My training starts in December so I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has helped my along the way and answered all my questions I am very excited to start!

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Dubs91
    Started by Dubs91,

    Just a quick question for those of you who have recently, or are currently going through the msc vetting process. What was the timescales YOU had after completing day 2 being offered training dates and then conformation that vetting was all done? My day 2 was mid October, so just trying to get an idea of realistic timescales. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 417 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.