Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Sloth1546082567
    Started by Sloth1546082567,

    Hi There, I am in the process of filling in my application form to become a Special Constable. I just have a quick question, if anyone 'in the know' could answer it would be great. Do the recruitment team make any kind of judgement based on how the application form is filled in? What I mean is, the form has lots of boxes to write information in, but lots of them are really small and having to fit everything in makes it look a bit scruffy, I'm having to use a 'continuation page' as it is. Is this something that is particularly important, or does everything just get digitised onto a database? Feel free to tell me I'm taking the whole thing too seriously! Thanks

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 585 views
  2. Ljb214
    Started by Ljb214,

    Hi, I recently applied to merseyside police for pcso, my status now says I have been successful at shortlisting and will be invited to the next stage shortly. What is the next stage? Is it further review of my application or assessment?

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  3. missp86

    Hi Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and able to help me rectify a situation. I applied to be a special in 2011 and was successful in all areas. In March 2012 I was offered a place on a training course which I had to decline due to being pregnant and the course was postponed as a result. In the meantime I changed jobs and notified HR. No questions were asked other than my job role and company I would be working for. After having my baby last year I was told to contact the police with regards to a start date. As the hours of my new role conflicted with the training course it was decided to complete the training while I was on maternity leave, so I joi…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 4.8k views
  4. OfficiallyCM
    Started by OfficiallyCM,

    Hey everyone, I'm coming to the end of my pre-join training and there's an exam, i just wondered if anyone could shed any light on how difficult it is and how the questions are formatted. thanks (:

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.4k views
  5. easy6826
    Started by easy6826,

    Starting to feel very nervous. I have my search assessment tomorrow. Del like as much as I prepare and have years of experience in interacting with the public in working as a holiday rep, senior cabin crew member and in the rail industry I still feel like I will fall short. I really want it to go well but feel nerves will get to me. Anyone got any last minute tips to get me through tomorrow. Thanks..

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Tweedle
    Started by Tweedle,

    Hello all. I hope someone who works in recruitment or someone that has knowledge on eyesight requirements/conditions can help me. I have had corneal grafts since 1992/93 and had no issues/surgical procedures after that. I am wanting to join a force but after researching and asking some forces they say "we cannot accept anyone with corneal grafts"- seems to be the norm from a health & safety view. My eyesight is not perfect, I wear glasses, and due to the grafts I cannot indulge in any contact sports i.e. boxing, martial arts etc. Is there any way I could join? I know you cannot "pick and choose" the jobs when working on response, but is there no way possible that…

    • 9 replies
    • 590 views
  7. Jonnyj94

    Hi there I'm currently in the process for applying for the Police Service of Scotland. It says on there website that if you fail the process you will have to wait 12 months before reapplying. I'm wondering does that mean I just cant apply for Police Scotland again for 12 months or will that bar me from applying to other UK forces for 12 months as well? Also I heard that if you fail any UK police selection process that you cannot apply to other UK forces for 6 months is this true? Or does it mean that If I apply for a English Force and fail I cant apply to another English Force again but I would be able to apply for say the Scottish Police or PSNI? Also on average how lo…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Steph3n931546081627
  8. Neenaw
    Started by Neenaw,

    Hi! I've been invited to day 1 interview for the met SC! I've got a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to elsewhere... I work an unusual shift pattern in my day job so cannot really commit to 23 straight Saturdays/Sundays and won't be given a month off for training so can the training school be fairly flexible with the days or is it a rigid scheme? With the 16 hours a month commitment, is that rigidly 16 hours a month or is it an AVERAGE of 16 hours a month, for example; you do 32 hours one month are you still expected to do 16 the second or can you do zero? Also, out of curiosity, do you HAVE to make your employer aware you're applying to be a SC? Cheers,…

    • 6 replies
    • 606 views
  9. wejo
    Started by wejo,

    Hi, New to this place. I passed the PIRT test, taken last week at Hutton. I was given the 21st of this month as the date to interview (received the email yesterday), unfortunately my husband could not get the afternoon off work, this means that I will most likely now miss the October intake (they have said there is a chance i could still be on it if vetting is smooth). Any interview advise, helpful places to look for info would be greatly appreciated:) I have contacted the local station and am awaiting the dates of the PACT meeting and hopefully should get to speak to the local special officers (again waiting for a call back) Jo

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok, I'll try to keep this simple without covering too much ground that's to do with vetting, etc, etc. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar circumstances that's all. I'm in the final stages of my Specials application, vetting and hearing test. Everything else is in order and has been from day one on the forms, etc. Previously, my credit score was low but everything had been declared and Vetting checked my credit file last December. Since the day I applied, my score has done nothing but increase and was sitting quite happily at 926, with the only searches being for car insurance and a car loan that I'd taken out in Feb '12 and all was approved. So, being…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 960 views
  11. kylewalker
    Started by kylewalker * ,

    As title really. I have been invited to a vetting at my local force's headquarters and obviously I want to make a good impression but mainly wear casual/ sports clothes but not sure if this would represent me negatively as opposed to wearing shirt/pants/shoes similar to a job interview. Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    Application pack sent off yesterday so fingers crossed I'll be okay this time! I applied a few years back when I was 17 and I didn't pass the interview which was pretty gutting but also understandable. Hopefully with a few years of working behind me and a bit more life experience I'll be okay this time! Anyone else out there applying to Wiltshire?

    Aran PatrolStore
  13. Stephen.D
    Started by Stephen.D,

    Hey all, I have my competency assessment week tuesday and getting nervous... Can anyone give me any insight as to what kind of things i may be asked? Thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. JOLLYxPCSO786

    Hi there all Although I'm a new PCSO for Cumbria constabulary i am secure in my job. I had a search assessment the other day and unfortunately i didn't really get through due these scores. Overall 46% Respect for diversity 71% Oral communication 93% Written communication 33% Automatic fail (D grade in respect for diversity) NO I know i have to wait 6 months to reapply to cumbria but if any vacancy comes up for another force within my 6 months period am i allowed to apply for a different force? Although I want to become a police officer, I understand the assessment centre is a must to be successful so im just wondering is it worth looking into sites such as talking b…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 10.5k views
  15. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Well just 2 weeks to go until training starts and its just starting to sink in now. Id just like to say thankyou to everyone for all the advice ive been given throughout the process its been a great help and i hope i will be able to return the favour to people who will be in the same position as ive been. Looking forward to making lots of new friends in western division for lancs constab and will keep you all posted as to how training goes.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 633 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.