Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hey, Apologies if this has been covered previously - such a lot of info on here I'm still trawling through it! I applied and was invited for interview (Cheshire) and was told via the website to bring anything I've been told to etc. Thing is... nothing said anything about bringing anything! Is it the standard passport to prove citizenship and driving licence or do I need a load of other things like bank statments etc? Also, is there anything else I should be taking or looking out for? Thank you!
-
I will post this in lancs forum but if anyone from lancs has attested today and they are on here then congratulations, seen a pic on the lancs specials twitter page and looks great, makes it feel more real for me for when my training starts next month well done guys
-
Ever since I was little I have always wanted to join the Police, my Dad was in the Police and so was my Grandad. So last year I decide I was going to make it happen and I was going to join as a Special Constable. Looking at myself in the mirror though I realised I was 20 Stone couch potatoe and there was no way I was going to be able to join. So since November 2012 I have been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and studying. Now at 14 stone and after taking part in Tough Mudder in June I have finally decided it is time to apply. I just have one issue which I am not so certain on. My friend has just reached his 6 months service and I asked him about the recruitment proces…
-
Good afternoon, I have made the choice to apply to become special constable. a big step I know, but I feel it is the right move for myself. I have a few questions before I send off my application pack. 5 years ago I got a caution from the police for a minor offence something I'm not proud of and ashamed of it but I wasn't sure if I needed to disclose this. Reason I ask Is I had a CRB check carried out on myself last month as part of my new job and it came back clear. and secondly - I suffer from Asthma my doctor reports its pretty much gone but I still have an inhaler just in case of emergency's I cant remember when I last needed to use it. Will this affect my …
-
Firstly good news, I've been invited to an interview! Happy days :D One question though - I was under the impression that the interview was 20 minutes and they asked you questions on 4 competencies, so 5 minutes per competency. My interview is an hour - has anybody else had one this long? It's still competency based, so is it just the same as normal but longer, or will they ask me additional questions such as why I'm applying, questions about the force etc? I'm applying for Cheshire but maybe other forces do this? Thanks!
-
Hi there, My employer is a cleaning company I work as a Porter, I carry customers bags for them, greet them at the reception and sit at the cloakroom during my shift. I occasionally cover as a receptionist also. the role itself does not require an SIA licence however I do own one and would be prepared to surrender it before commencing duty. What do you think? Thanks
-
Hello, Passed my Day 1, Day 2 soon and was form filling, when I noticed that my application e-mail contains a rather childish word. Not offensive at all just a bit childish. Tell me, is the e-mail you used throughout your application process kept? Or can you change your off duty e-mail at some point? I would ultimately like for this e-mail to not be affiliated with me at all after the process. As I would create a fresh professional one once finished. Thanks alot
-
Hi All, Friday evening I received an email from Essex Police inviting me to the Mandatory Briefing on Tuesday next week. I applied for the regs and completed some initial online tests and have now made it through the paper sift following my application. Happy to have made it through as I felt my examples were quite weak. Now the email says that "The attached document details the location and format of the briefing assessment". Unfortunately there is no attachment with these details and the office is now closed until Monday. I'm also meant to confirm my attendance no later than 48 hours before Tuesday, again to the office which is closed over the weekend. Not ideal …
-
Do you fill that the more compressed sorter training which is offered to SC, hass been adequate enough for you or to others to carry out a front line role like this.
-
So I've been informed that I won't be doing a maths/English test if I get invited to the initial day 1 where i'll just do a written test and an interview. Has this been the case for others who have just gone though or are going through the application process? Did you not have to do the Maths/English question test? When I applied for a special role 10 years ago when I was still wet behind the ears, I had to sit the maths & English test and failed miserably, they even had the cheek to tell me why didn't you just buy a book so you knew what the test would be like. Ten years on i'm pushing my luck again, but i'm being given different information now, anyone know what …
-
Hi folks, So I'm visiting a few mates who are regular pot smokers, but from what I can tell secondary smoke isn't much to worry about. However, and this sounds as ridiculous as it is, I ate some muesli yesterday morning which turned out to have pot in it (who does that?!). Needless to say I'm livid; I've done my fair share in the past so I didn't mind the buzz, and in all fairness I haven't told anyone about my special application, but I submitted the initial app two days ago. I suppose if I get my medical in the next two weeks or so I'm in trouble? I've read that it stays in your hair for three years? Can anyone advise on what to do here? If I fail a drug test is th…
-
Hi everyone, I've recently applied for the specials with the ambition to progress into full-time employment with the Police. I got a phone call, email and letter all confirming that I've been accepted to sit the Standard Entrance Test and fitness examination. When I applied, I'll be honest -- I didn't actually expect to get it. (Sounds silly, I know!). The problem is the SET etc is next Monday and I've only just been notified of it. So, with me not expecting to be accepted, as you can imagine I'm really unprepared with regards to fitness and struggled quite a bit with the math practice papers (very rusty). A couple of my friends are in the Police (specials and regular…
-
Hi, My fitness test has been brought forward to this week and I'm really worried because I don't feel ready. I've practised the bleep test and can do it. I've been training in the gym and have been pulling 45kg but when I've been pushing on the chest press I can only manage 20kg. How difficult is it? Should I be worried? General info - I'm a 21 year old woman, I'm 5 feet 5 and weigh just under 60kg Thanks!
-
Had a phone call today saying Ive passed my final PC interview! So happy! I didnt think to ask at the time, but the lady from HR said I need to provide 5 years of references. Being only 21, that takes me back to my school days. Most, if not all my teachers have moved on, as have all 3 of my college lecturers. Even the managment from my first job at 16 have all left, and my current employer will only provide a general reference and not a personal one. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation. My references are going to be very, very limited. I will have to check with recruitment next week but any advice in the mean time is appreciated.
-
Simple question.... Do you find out your results on the day of your medical? Or is it another agonising wait? I'm applying with D&C Specials. I have to have a specialised hearing test too, so don't know if this may cause a delay or not. I've tried to find the answer in the forum, but can't.....Might be tired?! lol