Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SnakeEyes
    Started by SnakeEyes,

    Is this a Joke? Equality and diversity As Surrey Police are currently under-represented, we are looking to recruit ethnic minority officers to reflect the community that we serve. Surely its based on the skills you possess not the ethnicity? http://www.surrey.police.uk/careers/police-officers

    • 7 replies
    • 429 views
  2. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    So i have my AC in 'Gulp*! :new_sweat: ' five days! I have studied GCSE Maths from the ground up, studied competencies (yes! the new ones), I have practiced role plays, been online and completed mock psychometric tests and prepared well for the interview. However now..... I need to practice the report writing. Report writing is similar to the role playing only instead of interacting with a role actor, you have to write your report on paper by hand :new_doh2: What i have noticed is that my hand becomes numb when i rush to write say half an A4 page, i need to rest my hand! well I have been using a computer keyboard for 20 years and the only hand writing i have done is bi…

    • 6 replies
    • 554 views
    operationfirestorm
  3. jayjayjay
    Started by jayjayjay,

    Hello, I wanted to know if anyone knew what the pass mark was for the maths and English initial tests i.e. what you should be getting out of 25 to pass the maths test and what you should be getting out of 31 to pass the English test. Anyone know the minimum number? Thanks for the help

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 759 views
  4. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    So there is not much i can say about role plays.... is there? well how about this... I have my AC coming up in a matter of days now, been preparing like crazy on everything from maths, report writing, interview answers and then I decided to tackle the role plays head on. Now I have some advice... YOU MUST PRACTICE!!! You must find someone who is not going to laugh! and is going to be serious and get some sample role playing tests and work through them blind! what i mean is if you have say 4 sample role plays, practice on the first one and make your mistakes and keep doing that first one until you are happy you are doing it correctly. Then attack the other 3 blind, like…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    operationfirestorm
  5. Special786
    Started by Special786,

    will the met be recruiting in 2014 i fall under the 6 months rule and wont be able to apply anywhere till december as a reg can anyone shed some light on the situation with the met they are having a rec drive in oct but will this be the final one for a while

    • 4 replies
    • 664 views
  6. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Anyone know the what your bmi needs to be under to pass?

    • 19 replies
    • 578 views
  7. abstheabs
    Started by abstheabs,

    Hi, I am want to join the special constabulary, I am currently a student at university(age 20), I am still living at home(with parents). I do not currently have a job. The only loan I have ever had are the university tuition loans. I don't have any credit cards or any debt. I know if you don't borrow money you get a bad credit score. I know you can't give definite answers to vetting questions. My question is will the finacial vetting be based just on credit score or will they look at other thing e.g. family?

    • 3 replies
    • 456 views
  8. JossFroggatt
    Started by JossFroggatt * ,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone applied for the North East specials? I have and sent my application on 28th July, it says to give 28 days and then assume I'm unsuccessful. It currently says under review. Has anyone heard anything? Thanks, Joss

    • 5 replies
    • 435 views
  9. Superhands
    Started by Superhands,

    Hi, apologies for posting here due to no response in the force specific. I hope everyone is progressing as they planned. Can anyone help please? I've been sent example questions from the recruitment office. I have only been given numerical and verbal reasoning to practice. Isn't there a report writing or statement taking exercise? I don't want specific examples needless to say. I'd just like to know if I need to focus more on my maths than knocking out reports or listening to recordings of statements and transcribing. Just to recap I have my pirt at Hutton, Lancashire, this Tues. Many thanks and good luck to you all whereever you are in the process. Phil

    • 3 replies
    • 376 views
  10. Cockney_Doris
    Started by Cockney_Doris,

    I took out a debt relief order last month. I've got my day 1 assessment next month. Will a DRO preclude me from becoming a special (it's not the same as a bankruptcy)? If it does, and I pass my day 1, will the Met simply put my application on hold until my DRO is satisfied (in September next year)?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 3.4k views
  11. MSCman
    Started by MSCman,

    I volunteer at a youth club every saturday night, i have never been paid for this, but do technically work with the youth. On the guide to vetting page on the Kent police's website i found this: 6.7 The following occupations have been identified as being incompatible with the office of special constable: Youth workers Etc. Would i be classified as a youth worker? If so, can i not just step down before i begin the interview process?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 793 views
  12. jayjayjay

    Hello, A couple of months now i filled out an online form for a special constable role with the met police, this included providing information about past employers and previous addressess, but it did not include specific questions that would be expected on an application form e.g. why do you want to become a police officer, describe a situation when you have had to deal with... etc. etc. I wanted to know if i have possibly missed out on completing another form which has these type of questions within it or if the online form, which is just requesting those basic answers is the normal application. Also a medical question, i wanted to know if my BMI is 34 and i…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. jayjayjay
    Started by jayjayjay,

    Hello, I have a medical question, i wanted to know if my BMI is 34 and is not above 35 which is the maximum for females, will i still need to pass the body fat percentage test which will have to be 36 or bellow or do you only have to pass the body fat index if you are above 36%. The reason i ask is because my current BMI is 34 which is techanically a pass but if i had to pass the body fat persentage test i would fail. Many thanks I look forward to receiving you replies.

    • 1 reply
    • 768 views
  14. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    Does anyone know what the highest recorded scores for fitness tests are for their force or the Police forces as a whole? I would love to know Merseyside's fitness test records but not sure how to find out.

    • 8 replies
    • 438 views
  15. josh33
    Started by josh33 * ,

    Hi all, Just a quick question about the fitness test, I understand that the maximum BMI is 30 however BMI isn't accurate, so do they take this into account? If its obvious your BMI is higher because of muscle and not fat would they accept this or would it be a straight rejection? Cheers!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 666 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.