Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stuk2000
    Started by stuk2000,

    Passed everything so far, next step biometric vetting?? Think I understand right that they run your DNA and fingerprints through the system?? All being well I should be on the November course at Lincs Police HQ.

    • 17 replies
    • 3.6k views
    operationfirestorm
  2. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    I think this is probably due to last minute nerves, but I'm getting a bit panicky! I've prepared two or three examples for each competency and put them into the STAR format but I'm nervous they'll ask me a question that doesn't really relate to any of my answers. For example, my race and diversity answers mainly centre around voluntary work I've done with disabled children - what if they ask me something specifically relating to sexual orientation? I don't want to make anything up! Or are the questions fairly generic? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 58 replies
    • 2.1k views
  3. Ger_vxr
    Started by Ger_vxr,

    Hi,i am meant to start training on thursday,I am unsure were I stand with my rights to taking time off work to train,my work place isnt going to like the fact I have to take so much time off during work hours. What to find out where I stand.

    • 17 replies
    • 688 views
  4. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hello everyone!! After 9 months of wait I have finally received a conditional offer!! yay!! Now I am slightly concerned that my referees are not going to send a reference on time,(in the offer letter Hr seems very strict on references),, I have emailed some of them but as I have applied in December I cannot remember exactly all the referees I have listed on my application.I know I sould have made a copy of my application but I was in a rush when I applied and stupidly didn't think about it do you know if applicants are put in copy in the email HR sends to to referee?It would help me a lot!! Thank you all for your help!

    • 5 replies
    • 564 views
  5. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hello everyone! Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am at the last stage of recruitment and everything depends on my references now, I want to be sure everything goes well as I have waited so long!!. I am having a second thoughts about one of the personal referees I have listed as this person is my partner's mother (she is a magistrate) but we are having a bit of a fallout :new_sweat: and I prefer to change referee. I have this friend who I have known for 10 years and she has recently qualified as Psychologist. Do you know if it is acceptable to have a friend as referee? Do you think it looks bad to recruitment if I change referee at the last stage?? THANKS YOU!! :…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 768 views
    operationfirestorm
  6. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    Hello again everyone Had my MSC Day 1 assessment last Thursday (29 August). Woke up at 0530 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. Eventually jumped in the bath and left home at 07 Am to catch a train from a nearby town as my village only has a slow service to London that stops by every 45 mins or so. Changed at Waterloo then Clapham Junction for West Brompton. Phew!! By the time I got to London was stressed out and exhausted. Caught called in for the interview and kept stumbling but somehow managed to come up with sensible answers I hope. Went for the written assessment bit and seeing I'm not exactly a bright spark, I didn't realise there was more to the Westshire docu…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 4.1k views
    operationfirestorm
  7. LilDarbs
    Started by LilDarbs * ,

    Hi all, new to site, just wondered if anyone could give me any tips / hints and tell me what the next stage looks like please? Thanks :new_yes:

    • 4 replies
    • 456 views
  8. SierraLimaSierra
    Started by SierraLimaSierra,

    Anyone happen to know if you can be in the Naval Service and be a special?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 811 views
  9. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hello!! I need to decide by tomorrow if I want to do an intensive or part time training. I have recently quit my job and I am economically fine (I can sustain myself without a paid job) so I could potentially do the intensive training. The problem is that the start date is November 10th, and that would mean I'd be doing pretty much nothing for the next 2 months (as I don't think I'll find any job for 2 months), If I did the training part time I could still find a job... Now I've been thinking that if there were any chances to become a regular officer from special constable, I would do the intensive training.. the question is then: has that ever happened that a special…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 527 views
  10. Rosemary
    Started by Rosemary +,

    Hi All, I’ve noticed a large number of posts in the recruitment section lately have focused on the financial side of vetting. With that in mind, I thought I’d create a post on the subject to add to the vetting guide. I’ve used both previous threads and the Kent Police vetting guide (http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/policies/i/I11%20Recruitment%20Vetting.html) However, I thought I’d post separately first to see whether anyone had any additional information to add and to check there weren’t any inaccuracies which need to be corrected. Financial Vetting CCJs: Applicants with existing CCJs outstanding will not be considered for appointment. If the CCJs have be…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 4.1k views
    operationfirestorm
  11. donza3636
    Started by donza3636,

    Hi, I hope that some of you can help me. I have passed Day 2 at the beginning of June and since then I haven't heard anything back about my application. I have sent a number of emails to the HR team to enquire about my status but I have received no answer. I have called the office as well but I was told that applications are still being processed. Now I am getting worried that there might be something wrong with my application (refererence checks, or vetting). Can you share your experiences? Does it usually take this long or is it just my application? How long after your Fitness test was your training start day given to you? I have applied in December and I am still…

    • 11 replies
    • 671 views
  12. xlcooperx
    Started by xlcooperx,

    Hi, Quick question. If you apply for a Regular Police Officer and pass the assessment centre, but fail the Final Board Interview do you know if you can transfer your application (assessment centre score) to another force?

    • 2 replies
    • 453 views
  13. xlcooperx
    Started by xlcooperx,

    Hi, I am in the process of applying for the Regs at Suffolk Constabulary. I passed the assessment centre and just received an email this morning with a date for my Final Interview....its next Friday 6th September. Same day as my hot air balloon ride....which I will have to cancel oh poop! But it will be worth it hoepfully Anyways has anyone got any advice? I have been given my topic to present for 10 mins and then followed by an interview which are not competency based and is expected to last no longer than an hour. ->>Advice, help!!!! Im in a panic. I will be researching my topic but its just the interview after - what sort of questions will they ask? Wh…

    • 10 replies
    • 4.6k views
  14. Flux
    Started by Flux,

    Hello! This thread should hopefully help those of you who want some basic questions answered or if you're just looking for some information on Specials Recruitment. If you have anything to add or something that needs editing then please feel free to PM I and I'll edit this thread with your suggestion. A big thanks to Giraffe with his contributions to some of these questions & answers. Tip: Use CTRL + F (Windows) & Cmd + F (Apple) to use the search function on your browser to find specific things Specials Recruitment Websites You can find a full list of all Force's websites here - just glide on over to the 'Jobs' or 'Careers' sections and find the Special Cons…

      • Like
    • 67 replies
    • 36.1k views
  15. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Anyone know which credit reference agency the police use in vetting? Equifax, Experian or Callcredit? I ask as when I check all 3 my account looks slightly different in relation to the points and what information can be seen. :new_eyebrow: Looks like Experian is the most common.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
    operationfirestorm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.