Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    Sorry, I know another vetting query even though I know no one here's a vetting officer LOL but I've gone and printed out my credit report with Experian. It's rather lengthy . In 2010 I decided to go back to Uni as I fancied a change in career path, hence it meant I fell back on payments on my bank loan and catalogue debts. Basically I'm classed as being on low income at the mo. Don't wanna bore you with the gory details but I was unable to reach an agreement with my bank so they sent me to Moorcroft who finally agreed to accept the minimum payment required. I was able to agree a repayment with the 2 other catalogues as well. For the past year I've been making monthly …

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 572 views
  2. MSCman
    Started by MSCman,

    By that, i mean after day one (assuming your taken on), have they already decided they want you? So all that is necessary is for you to pass the fitness test/ medical test/ vetting? Or would they still reject you based on your day one, or how comfortably you completed the fitness test etc.?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Bravo Sierra +
  3. Shmook
    Started by Shmook +,

    Hello all! Well, I just had my confirmation email stating I passed the paper sift, and have an appointment for PIRT on the 12th of September! I posted the form around half 3 on Friday afternoon, and got the email today, Tuesday afternoon, so 3 working days... I'm over the moon! Especially as my email crashed when opening so wouldn't load for 10 minutes - all I knew was I had an email from recruitment, no idea of the content, so was flapping a bit Anyway, was just worrying if this was a fast turnaround for paper sift, or are lancs just desperate and are taking any idiot? Cheers, off to swot up now!

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Fruitloop
    Started by Fruitloop,

    Hello everyone. I am new to the forum, apologies if I am repeating a previous thread. I have recently applied for the Nottinghamshire Police Specials and unfortunately failed because I am currently taking a daily does of Fluxotine. I was prescribed this over 2 years ago for anxiety and depression. I feel that I am fully recovered but my doctor recommends that I stay on the drug while I am at University (2nd year). I passed the written tests, the interview and fitness test, but then they day before my induction I was rejected because of the medication I am taking (which I feel I no longer need). I read that people would be assessed on an individual basis, but as soon a…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. stoutitude
    Started by stoutitude,

    Just had my results from the Suffolk assessment and got 74%, so happy! Anyone else had their results?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 698 views
  6. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Now I know you are expected to do at least 4 hours a week which is easy enough but let's say you have something on that week, holidays, work commitments. Are you able to balance it out the next week so lets say you do 2 shifts of at least four hours. Is this allowed? I plan on getting out on 2 full evening shifts a week so I will easy do my hours but lets say you can't can you balance it out???

    • 6 replies
    • 509 views
  7. Matt Essex SC
    Started by Matt Essex SC,

    Totally kicking myself. :new_sorry: Today I have sent via email my vetting forms which I had previously filled in back in July (as my original email said to bring these to my assessment) and totally forgot to add in my recent loan that I have taken out. I have hastily emailed HR to advise a change in personal circumstances but reckon that I have proper stuffed it. :new_bye2: Will have to wait untill tomorrow before I find out if I have sealed my own fate. Feeling pretty stupid right about now, to say the least! :new_doh2:

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 964 views
  8. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Quick question, I already know the answer (I believe!) but just curious for feedback. I've got my medical in just under 2 weeks now for the Specials. On and off, over the past couple of weeks, I've had some nasty headaches return as a result of surgery that was done on my head. It's only been happening in work.....Which for me is a nightclub, blaring out music just short of 100db!! It was inner ear surgery I had done, quite invasive but I'm told it will settle only it could be a couple more months yet. So, I've taken Solpadiene Migraine as and when I've needed it, perfectly above board and available at all pharmacists without prescription. The product does warn not …

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 459 views
  9. fishyflanker
    Started by fishyflanker,

    Hi there, I have just received my application back and as the title states it was unsuccessful within 24 hours. This obviously has come as a real blow to me as I had been waiting for the 6months to pass since my last unsuccessful attempt. The last time I applied for Cheshire and got through to the very last interview and chocked, So basically finding out within 24hrs after getting though almost every stage last time I am disappointed. I understand that we have to pass a papersift and thought that this new application was even better than my last as I could add that I have been doing volunteering in preparation etc. Im struggling to get any answers from Merseyside (recen…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Anyone know how I can replicate the 5.4 bleep test into a treadmill program? I had the info somewhere but have lost it, I am not sure its possible but I want to start a program on my treadmill to prepare. Cheers. :new_please:

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 15.8k views
    operationfirestorm
  11. Jaffers
    Started by Jaffers,

    Hello all, those of you that have read my previous posts would know I failed vetting and was not given a reason, I suspect it has something to do with my partners benefit fraud conviction. What I would like your opinions on and thoughts is, I am moving out in October if all goes well with my interest in a property, obviously this means I will no longer be in a relationship with my partner. However I do have a child with her so will have to stay in contact for this purpose and this purpose only. The property is in the same town as I live in now. 1, Do you think I would still be refused vetting even though I am no longer in a relationship or living with her? 2, How long …

    • 13 replies
    • 699 views
  12. Mr Richard
    Started by Mr Richard,

    As I was curious and hadn't seen the quesiton anywhere else in the specials board, I thought I would ask. When and with who do you (the other SCs on here) put in your hours? I used to work a lot with response, they are all great guys and I was rarely short on action, but I tended to find that I either had to be very flexable as to when I came in or would be with a different section every week and often as the "third wheel" to a double crew. (which was never anyone's fault, just the nature of the job) Since then I have moved to a more rural NPT. Now I put in Friday nights after work which suits me much more (finishing at 2am when you have work the next morning is not fu…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Dave32
    Started by Dave32,

    I've given up on becoming a regular officer for a while but I've made my mind up that I'm going to apply to be a special instead. According to the Herts constabulary website the application consists of the application form sift followed by an interview, written and numerical tests. Are the tests and interview to the same level as regular officer tests and what books do people use to brush up with before? Secondly the Herts constabulary website says the training consists of a 7 day course followed by 7 Saturdays. I was just wondering if that would be 7 Saturdays in a row or is it likely be spread out a bit?

    Aran PatrolStore
  14. MSCman
    Started by MSCman,

    Hi, I have just received a date for my day 1 interview for the specials :D! I have most of the information i wanted to know, but there are a couple of things i can't seem to find any information about. 1) Firstly, how many people actually get accepted into the specials? I know its impossible to say exactly, but do they take on as many people as they can (do most people get accepted), or do most people get rejected with only the best getting the job? I assume they want as many officers working for nothing as possible? 2) I know that the Met are often considered institutionally racist. They are known for only employing white, middle-class, males. As a result of this i kn…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. mrsLukas
    Started by mrsLukas,

    This is it. Tomorrow is my A/C. Shirt, trousers ironed, shoes polished, gym attire packed! I'm so excited and nervous. It means absolutely everything to me to be a part of the Police! I need your tips regarding role play. I know that scenerios can be all different and you only have 5 mnutes to prepare. PLEASE give me some tips. What to focus on the most? What to avoid? :new_please: Many thanks!

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 680 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.