Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mercury
    Started by Mercury,

    Dear Team, Does anyone know the answer to the following questions as it appears that special constables may have less protection than regular officers if discriminated in the workplace. There is no reference to 'special constable' in section 42 of the Equality Act 2010, the section that establishes the right of officers to bring claims under the Equality Act 2010. The police act 1995 and the special constable regulations 1965 specifically establish that special constables are distinct from constables. A colleague in the specials in the Met has recently been informed by his force that because he is a volunteer and because of the above he is unable to make a claim to th…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  2. bian101
    Started by bian101,

    Hey all! First off - apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have just passed application and final interview for regs! Wooo! I have my medical in a month and the last 2 months i have lost a stone and a half, still got another half to go but its slowing down rapido now (as in no change last month really). BUT it is still going down and I can prove this to a doctor at the medical. Question is, if my BMI is around 31 could they let me do the 10 week conversion course and re-medical me at the end of training? Really need to lose it though!! But so far its gone really well! I have put on quite a bit of muscle mass too. Thanks

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 518 views
  3. edwarddurrant
    Started by edwarddurrant,

    Hello all, I am new to the forum so be nice , anyway.. I sent off my application for the specials in Fife and i have been invited to the Fitness Standard Assesment and it says what to bring (gym kit wise) Anyway, the email ends with "All parts of the recruiting process are formal you should therefore be dressed appropriately in business dress or equivalent." How formal do you have to be for this stage as the interview isn't quite yet. Is a smart shirt and tie with smart trousers and smart shoes enough or is a suit really necessary? Edd

    • 11 replies
    • 603 views
  4. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Firstly... Can the scenarios be about anything in your life or do they have to be work based scenarios? Also When answering the questions at the interview, I believe you've got 5 mins to answer each question, what happens if you're half way through answering and the 5 mins is up?? I have my interview a week on Monday. So nervous

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 454 views
  5. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    I'm sure this comes up a lot, but when I searched for "6 months" in the forum I just got results matching "months" which werent relevant I failed my last application on 20th March however my local force has reopened apps for week 20th August I realise this is only 5 months and you should wait 6, but do you think I could get away with it by time I actually have to do any paperwork?

    • 10 replies
    • 599 views
  6. Griff
    Started by Griff,

    Right guys, I am soon to be was a member of the RNR, Awaiting my Discharge papers. On the Application form it asks for reason for discharge, The main reason I left the RNR was a lack of interest any more mainly because the RNR didn't challenge me, We didn't do anything for months on end. If I write my true reasons down will these go against me ? Thanks Guys Not slating the RNR. It maybe awesome and challenging to others but my unit just wasn't exciting enough for me ;')

    • 4 replies
    • 350 views
  7. Bigshoetimmy
    Started by Bigshoetimmy,

    Sorry if its another of of them threads. Just a quick one, the northyorkshire police final interview for Pc, are the questions based around the same competencies from the assessment centre.

    • 3 replies
    • 718 views
  8. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok... Just wanted to put this question to you lovely people, having been through the initial application online for Police Constable with D&C Police. It asks about previous qualifications, which is listed in the document like this: Qualifications – Examples for England, Wales and Northern Ireland During your training you will be required to undertake study towards a Diploma in Policing. Based on this requirement, applicants must be able to demonstrate their ability to perform at the required academic level and therefore a prior level of learning must be evidenced. You must have achieved one of the following qualifications or currently be, or have in the last …

    • 8 replies
    • 460 views
  9. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok..... So Devon & Cornwall are opening up for Regs recruitment next week, the new online system looks very interesting and different! Joining the Regs has always been my goal, but owing to my deafness in my right ear I've always maintained I'd therefore like to try the Specials first. Simply because I think it's the best way to see how I would cope in the job. At present, I'm just awaiting vetting clearance and should hopefully be meeting with OH in the next few weeks. So the question is........... Should I go for this recruitment next week? Or push on with the Specials, seeing as I'm so close? I'm pretty sure you're unable to apply for 2 positions at the same…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 793 views
  10. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Good Morning I have recently just applied for Essex Police I have completed my online Assessments as required and everything is going smoothly ,but I was just wondering when the Police carry out there security checks and vetting will they check my previous Police Force ? I served as a Special Constable in the Met for about 19 months, I left but tried to re-join and I was refused at vetting they said my reference from my previous SGT gave me a bad reference. I appealed twice and was given no answer and I am scared no off carrying on basically nothing adds up. Any advice or support please ?

    • 5 replies
    • 534 views
  11. fingerscrossed1
    Started by fingerscrossed1,

    Hi All I'm new to this forum, so be gentle :-) I received an email a couple of weeks ago advising me that I was through to the next stage, and would be notified at some point in September about the assessment day. How much notice does soneone usually get? Should I presume that my assessment will take place in september, or possibly the month after - it's very generalised :-( One last thing, does anyone know the exact level required for the bleep test? Thanks a bunch!!! ★

    • 2 replies
    • 569 views
  12. Jordan W.K. White
    Started by Jordan W.K. White,

    Hello, first of all this is my first post so hello everyone. For around two years now been I've researching Policing as a "volunteer" or in this case, a special constable and all though I seem to meet most of the physical requirements with some need working on there is one thing I'm very concerned about, Aspergers. I was diagnosed with "minor/mild" Aspergers at the age of 8 as a diagnostic of some form was required as it was needed for getting a statement at the time, this diagnosis is very accurate. All though I do not have the typical "effects" of aspergers I was told by a friend who has been a Police Officer for 6 years that I would be refused for just having it, all …

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Santisuk1546081549
  13. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    I have my police specials information evening tonight and i know its a stupid question but do i dress smart? How do i dress smart when the weathers so hot or will not mind?

      • Like
    • 44 replies
    • 2.3k views
  14. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    hi there, I had my medical put on hold as i had not been off a medication for 12 months, now the 12 months is up i had a meeting with OH and they recieved my medical notes they requested from my doctor... after what seems like months. I was contacted about a month ago by South Yorkshire who have took over HR for the Specials in Humberside and was told to ring up for a appointment with the OH nurse in November. Should i be patience and wait for November or would i be ok to ring up and see what i get told by OH. Been in the application process for well over a year and half now and have been stuck at the medical stage for about 7-8 months so i'm eage…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 546 views
    shade1546080910
  15. ijsporter
    Started by ijsporter,

    HI guys im a special in training but am applying for the regs could someone tell me what the maths test is like please because syp dont do maths test for specials .regards from ian :new_yummy:

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.