Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. StarScream
    Started by StarScream,

    What do these involve? I know they contact the two refs you put down on your app. What about disciplinaries on your record? What happens if your company refuse to give a ref? Will they just rely on the two personal refs or will they ruin your application? I was talking to someone in work today about these scenerios and don't have a clue with regards to the police and how they deal with the above situations.

    • 15 replies
    • 632 views
  2. Fordy1546081526
    Started by Fordy1546081526,

    Hi, I have been looking to join the police specials for a while now but have been unable to do so because I don't meet the required unaided eyesight standards. I had a laser eye surgery consultation but found out I was unsuitable for treatment. Anyway I found an alternative to laser eye treatment called Orthokeratology which is a contact lense you wear when you go to sleep that gives you perfect vision when you wake up. However I can't find anything on this kind of treatment in the police eyesight requirements and was wondering if anybody here knew anything about it. Thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 894 views
  3. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I'm due in a few weeks/month to attend the Westhire Centre A/C at Ryton. I'm concerned as I know the roleplays are timed to 5 minutes however I have heard rumours that you can not wear a watch. I'm finidng it very difficult to plan for 5mins worth of questions and I really don't want to reach that awkward point where you just sit there for 2 mins waiting for the 5 mins to attend. Does anyone have any advice? Do people use watches?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 635 views
  4. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Most of you on here have had your PIRT & interviews....what would you say is the correct clothing to wear for these?? If its a white shirt, does it matter if its short sleeved or does it have to be long sleeved?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 791 views
  5. Ben S
    Started by Ben S,

    Hey,, Sorry if this has been asked before, which I'm sure it has a million times but not been able to find a direct answer after trawling through the forums (admittedly for only 5-10 minutes) so thought I'd go ahead and ask anyway. I'm been looking at joining the Specials for months and now that things in my work life have settled down I'm finally in a position to get my application done, however I've got one problem which I think may cause me issues? About a year ago I got a CCJ for about 2,500, I've paid this off and it's been satisfied, however it took me longer than a month to pay it off so it still remains on my credit reports etc. This is the only debt I've had a…

    • 3 replies
    • 688 views
  6. Johannesburg
    Started by Johannesburg,

    Just had a quick look at three recruitment websites, Thames Valley, Cheshire & the met. It would seem that all three forces have now included some sort of mandatory formal education prior to even being able to apply. Thames Valley and Cheshire both requiring a foundation degree in policing and the Met a certificate in policing knowledge. Do people think this is the way it's going all over? Seems like the goal posts keep changing. As a recent criminology graduate with five years special constabulary experience I'm slightly concerned that I've wasted a vast amount of effort.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 794 views
  7. hibbert01
    Started by hibbert01,

    Hi, On viewing the College of Police website and downloading the information for candidates pack it confirms that the interview will test: Serving the public Service delivery Professionalism Working with others Will this be the case for my assessment or are they changed ? I dont want to prepare only for them to change as my SEARCH is coming in July however the info pack wont be released for another week. Any advice?

    • 2 replies
    • 614 views
  8. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Please note that the Royal College of Policing have been having technical difficulties this past week. For those who are awaiting their results fro, the assessment centre, they have advised your local HR that results will be out on Monday.

    • 0 replies
    • 386 views
  9. EastLondonSC
    Started by EastLondonSC,

    As per link : http://www.sussex.police.uk/joinus/ Good luck to everyone applying!

    • 32 replies
    • 2.5k views
  10. Matt Essex SC
    Started by Matt Essex SC,

    Hey all, A quick question for the community as im not far from finishing up my application but looking for some guidance about one of the application questions... :new_hmmm: Is it okay to bullet point my answers for this or should i be writing my answers in full? Appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 936 views
  11. timpedder
    Started by timpedder,

    To all you potential Specials out there, there is now a guide to joining and working in the Specials, appropriately called " Joining And Working In The Special Constabulary." It's written by me, a serving Special with 21 years experience and is available for about £3.40 on Amazon Kindle. All proceeds after Amazon fees go to "Help For Heroes" charity. If you don't have a Kindle device or app, you can download a free Kindle for your PC from Amazon. Any feedback would be appreciated.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 727 views
    Administrative Account
  12. runjogcrawl13
    Started by runjogcrawl13 * ,

    Morning all, On the police radios, how do you do a point to point call to another officer? Technology not my strong point and want to know before next go in for shift! Cheers!

  13. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    How many interviews do you have throughout the whole recruitment process? As I've read somewhere on the forum that you have an interview at the assessment centre too?!

    • 5 replies
    • 483 views
  14. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    Do you have to be a special for so many months/years before you can apply for PCSOs/regs?

    • 5 replies
    • 449 views
  15. SpecialB
    Started by SpecialB,

    Hi, Just looking for a bit of advice really.. I passed the Assessment Centre stage of Specials recruitment with Sussex Police and received this confirmation by letter which is was dated 29/05/13. The letter says that it will contact me by telephone but it's been nearly 2 weeks. I've also got a friend going through the same process (same assessment centre) and he received his confirmation last Monday... I know Sussex have been recruiting lately therefore a big workload, could it all be done alphabetically? Any help is appreciated Thanks!

    • 7 replies
    • 425 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.