Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Monika1546081627
    Started by Monika1546081627,

    Hi. I am on the intensive starting 8 July and I thought I could use the waiting time to do some reading and studying at home. Does anyone have any good online places where to find such materials? I have seen the BTACS but can't decide if that is a good idea? Thank you :-)

    • 5 replies
    • 542 views
    Santisuk1546081549
  2. Princessvmh
    Started by Princessvmh,

    Hola Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in terms of mental health issues and how they are assessed by OH such eating disorders or if involvent with cpns but nothing serious like sectioning ect. Many thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 890 views
  3. UKPolice

    Hello all, Following discussion to my recent good news of passing the initial paper sift with South Yorkshire Police for a second time (note second time), I had a telephone discussion with a lady from HR who informed me that I had to send them my British Army discharge paperwork before they could confirm me an AC date. I found this particularly odd as before (and this is where the 'second time' comes in) I did not need to send such documents to them, and I made it to the AC! - I did inform her that I was not required to do such thing upon my last application and her understanding was "Oh, well... we just get told that we have to do it." Which is fair enough. It isn'…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 678 views
  4. lucycharlton
    Started by lucycharlton,

    I have to write my reference number and post I applied for? I haven't seen a reference number anywhere. Not on my email or anything. How do I find this out.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 396 views
  5. Chawes279
    Started by Chawes279,

    I have applied for a special in bedfordshire and awaiting a interview date however this afternoon i recieved a email from thames valley saying that they are now recruiting regulars. Would i still be allowed to apply for a reg in tvp if i still have a application for beds

    • 11 replies
    • 582 views
  6. knight rider
    Started by knight rider,

    hi well I am applying to become a special constable.. I have passed my PIRT exams and now have my interview in a few days time. I have been told to bring the security Questionnaire “CTC/SC NSV001 form with me all filled in. I am struggling to fill in my parents details as they are from a different country and moved here in the mid 60's but i don't know ALL the information like town of birth, county region. I just know the country they was born in. Also i don't have all the information about them as I no longer have that relationship with them i can ask them neither do i see them much at all. What shall I do. Fill in what I know and tick the box "if you do not know…

    • 5 replies
    • 691 views
    knight rider
  7. lucycharlton
    Started by lucycharlton,

    What are you meant to wear for our first assessment day for the special constable role? also I'm having trouble with one of the forms you have to fill out. Where your meant to put your answers there is already blue text there that says form text. my computer won't let me remove this text so that I can write the answers. what do i do?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 584 views
  8. stephen9064
    Started by stephen9064,

    Evening all, just a quick question. Not looking for recruitment help or answer to the questions but do you think the answers for the competency questions need to be confrontation situations or just answer to prove the competence?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 557 views
  9. Azza27
    Started by Azza27,

    Hi all, got my medical and drug test coming up for the specials soon.. I was just wondering, i social smoke and also smoke whilst i am working in my current job due to it being so stressful haha! I haven't smoked for just over 2 weeks now due to my drug test coming up and i am VERY keen to completely stop all together? The drug test is urine, will this smoking affect it any way? I'm not sure.. Any help would be gladly appreciated and i'm sorry if i have started a new thread and this is already being talked about, my bad. Azza27

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 481 views
  10. gravitydefeater
    Started by gravitydefeater,

    Hi guys, I recently had a letter 4 months after sending off my application informing me I had failed the vetting process. It also stated they usually tell people why they failed, but in my case that would reveal information about another party which breaches the Data protection Act 1998…which is a massive blow since I know who the person is…and I have no contact with them apart form a few hours every Christmas (he's married to my mother). I know this as everyone else I put on my form (my housemates) have enhanced CRB checks and have done for quite some time and one even has security clearance for MOD sites. Does this mean I can't be a special ever…or just until my Mum …

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. Persil
    Started by Persil,

    Hello everyone! I am due to start my training next week and was wondering if we are given our uniforms before that? I'm not sure if its different for other forces. So, when did you get your uniform? It's compulsory to be prancing around in it at home! - but definitely not in public! Thank you! Lauren

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 911 views
  12. rewriter2
    Started by rewriter2,

    This seems like the right place for this but forgive me if its wrong.. Recently i attested as a special with the goal of joining the regulars (as did all but one of my intake). Now when in the regulars there are different specialisms and after years of wondering what i would specialise in, given the opportunity i have finally decided on dog section is what i would like to do. I understand that it is one of the hardest if not the hardest to get into as everyone wants to do it. I have never had experience with owning a dog before.. being only 18 and still living at home.. im in a very cat preferred family. Im keen to get a dog but this wont happen untill i move out.. …

    • 3 replies
    • 607 views
  13. ScottTML
    Started by ScottTML,

    Good Evening all. I have my fitness test next Sunday, I just have a question regarding BMI. My BMI is about 32-33, and the required BMI is 30. I know I can pass all the fitness tests, I am a very active during the day, I walk long distance I also cycle and go running, so my level of fitness does not worry me. I'm just worried that I will not be accepted because of my BMI. Could anyone clarify this for me? Thank You. Scott

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Hi all, Probably already been answered a million times before (and for that I'd like to apologise) BUT... Can I have two applications on the go at once? One application for the position of Special and one application for the position of PCSO? I understand and know already that it's not possible to do two roles at once since there is a conflict of powers; however is it possible to apply for both roles with different forces and have two applications going at the same time? For added info BTP and one H.O force. Thanks to all in advance...

    • 7 replies
    • 670 views
    MindTheGap +
  15. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi everybody I know I posted this up before but I didnt get any reply. Has anybody ever worked as a Station Enquiry Assistant or a Call Handler for the PSNI? Im just curious what the job/jobs would be like? Thanks Sorry for double post MRF

    • 1 reply
    • 506 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.