Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Just got off the phone from registering my interest for the new MPS constable and I have been informed that my application will "likely" be refused due to a criminal conviction at the age of 10. I'd really like to get this criminal conviction removed! I'm not 10 years only anymore, I have a life, I'm a mature adult etc. I hate how I keep getting judged for something that was a complete mistake, wasn't really intentional and keeps ruining my life! HELP!

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. vinnybabuna
    Started by vinnybabuna,

    Does anyone have any information about the District Interview? I've been invited in as part of the recruitment process for the regulars. Has anyone experienced it? I am assuming that this is more of a holistic interview, looking at my personal characteristics and less about the core competencies, but I am purely basing this on the fact the SEARCH was quite comprehensive.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 456 views
    Administrative Account
  3. onmyjaxxjones
    Started by onmyjaxxjones,

    Good morning everyone, Im new here and dont really understand how Forums work, so please bare with me! I have greatfully been accepted into the MSC Day 1 Assessment of which i am very excited about. After reading the invitation email and the 4 attachments, i started to get a little worried (named - Invitation Letter, Assessment Information, Candidate Support Pack and Assessment Location) In the first attachment named Invitiation Letter, it states i should fill in and bring all the forms to my Day 1. I would have no problem with doing this apart from the problem that i dont have any forms and there are none attached to the email... After asking a few friends who have …

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 577 views
    onmyjaxxjones
  4. JustBob
    Started by JustBob,

    I have recently sent off a PC application and I am considering doing a police recruitment training course to prepare myself in advance of a possible assessment centre date. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a course please, preferably in the North West area? I know of the company Talking Blues but I feel put off by their somewhat excessive enrolment cost (£145 for a one day course) and also by the numerous spelling mistakes/typos on their website.

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Administrative Account
  5. OfficiallyCM
    Started by OfficiallyCM,

    I'm at the medical stage for the specials and have seen a position for police staff. Am I allowed to apply or I restricted due to being in the recruitment process for a special? Thanks (:

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 662 views
    Joker1546081795 +
  6. JustBob
    Started by JustBob,

    I have just watched the how2become dvd for the police interview. As you may know it's a few years old and covers the "old" competencies. I found myself comfortably being able to answer all questions posed and had good real life examples for all. What I wanted to know though was how/if these new competencies effected the wording of the interview questions? Just to be clear, I am not looking for example questions or answers here, I just wanted to know how things differ, if at all? I am also a little confused as I recently passed a paper sift which had questions based on the titles of the old competencies :new_hmmm:

    • 3 replies
    • 899 views
  7. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    I applied against my fail and won it!! Yay But since the vetting ive had 3 points for speeding.. Will they fail me again for this? I was doin 37 never again but I only just got the points in March and just come through will they affect me again?

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I've just received my training dates is this a good sign that my vetting has been cleared? Had to cancel my holiday as was in the middle of my training,but can have a holiday any time this was far more important to me. Still waiting to have my fitness test,just hope I've not cancelled holiday unnecessarily.

    • 6 replies
    • 607 views
  9. Winders
    Started by Winders,

    Hello, This is my first post on Police Specials, be kind to me. I'm after a little bit of advice regarding recruitment. Ultimately I appreciate the decision is mine, however I would appreciate your views. I'm currently serving in the Royal Air Force as an ICT Technician and I'm hoping to join the Police. My lifelong ambition has to become a Police Officer. Since a little kid I have watched all the UK Police documentaries and aspired to be the PC that patrols my neighbourhood. I recently applied to Cambridgeshire Constabulary however they informed me that due to a recent review they will not be "progressing applications until early 2014". They gave me the option of t…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Smiley Culture +
  10. Wally89
    Started by Wally89,

    Hi Guys, Be gentle im a forum virgin. Can I just ask a quick question, I have been given an assessment day on the 29th of June with less than 2 weeks notice. I'm getting my head in the books as you can imagine... But does anyone have any links for good critical thinking practise papers and answers. All places I find are garbage and dont help me. Also I have spoken to recruitment and was trying to find out if you use a calculator in the BTP maths exam or not? and the time frame and amount of questions? I have been practising without one on a timer of 25 questions in 12 minutes. But im struggling to get to 20 before I run out of time. But I will keep practising and will…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    I'm currently in the process of applying to be a special for lancs, does anyone know the period of training and when it is covered?? Presuming over weekends, the problem being in my full time job I'm not sure if they would give me every weekend off for this and I'm debating whether or not I will actually be able to go any further with my app

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 395 views
  12. Brucey
    Started by Brucey,

    Hi guys, Got my pir tests at Hutton on the 25th, is anyone aware of the dress code for the day, am presuming its smart as in shirt and pants jobby or even a suit??? Thanks all

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. Formatted
    Started by Formatted,

    In Sussex you must go through 3 online stages before you are given an application form. I just wondered if anyone knew if the application form was a pass or a fail type thing? They read your CV decide you don't have enough experience and bin your application? Or is it just to gather more information about you before the assessment centre?

    • 2 replies
    • 456 views
  14. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I got through to the next stage of the recruitment process I've got my assessment on 16th July. Anyone else got theirs that day too? I'm excited but SO nervous!!!!

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 656 views
  15. morale_outbreak
    Started by morale_outbreak,

    Hey guys. As above, does anyone know where to find them. I've found the college of policing site difficult to navigate! Thanks Neil

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.