Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. PHILTHISCITY
    Started by PHILTHISCITY,

    Hi all, Im just awaiting my drug test result , only concern is that i take pre workout supps for the gym . They are perfectly legal and contain nothing untoward but i have heard they can cause false positives. Has anyone had/heard of these causing issues ? I am aware of certain brands that contain banned dmma but i avoid these and only use the ones that are marketed as clean and drug free such as myoblitz and pharma freak. Thanks P

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 585 views
  2. Pindy93
    Started by Pindy93,

    Im new to this forum, Hoping to get some information from trainees or people about to join. Im in the stages of applying for the police, Im waiting on the event to be announced at sedgley park. Ive rang around everywhere to find out when it is as i am eager to apply. All ive been told is mid july. So hoping somebody could help me out or if theres anybody on here thats in the same boat as me Does anybody else know a date? What happens once i have applied? Whats the waiting time? How long will i be training for? Thank you for any help that anybody could give me

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 852 views
  3. buddy86
    Started by buddy86,

    I attended an SC assessment day 11 days ago and today I have received a vetting pack via email but no confirmation (by email nor post) of passing the assessment day. Obviously the process takes up to two weeks to gain back results of the AC. Having contacted hr to see if receiving the vetting pack is an indication of passing, I was told this is not the case and to start filling out the forms until my results turn up... I would be sure to think filling out forms would be a waste of time had I failed the AC. Has anyone encountered a confusing problem as this? Or a bad use of communication between departments.

    • 9 replies
    • 621 views
  4. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Good morning all, Not feeling too great today as I've just been told I have failed vetting- I knew it was going to happen. I have also been informed that I cannot appeal as I am an external applicant. I would love to write a letter to the Chief Constable and Crime Commissioner to appeal this, but I doubt it will get me anywhere. Truly devastated.

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 3.6k views
  5. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Because I recently passed my assessment for regulars at 59%, 1% off the pass mark, I decided to take a look to see who was recruiting so I could look at transferring. Unable to find an easy way to check them all, I thought I'd knock this together to save people a bit of time. Information is correct as of the 8th July 2013. If you do spot any mistakes, let me know and I'll alter it. I did try and paste the table directly in here but it went seven shades of wrong. Hopefully this'll do. As you can see, it looks like I'm rejoining the Army. Good luck, all!

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 823 views
  6. NWB
    Started by NWB,

    Hi folks, just wondering what the Mets eye test involves? I'm an SC elsewhere at the mo, and when I did mine 3 years ago, it was just the standard sit in a opticions chair and read the letters off the board. Now I'm boarder line 6/36 unaided vision. I wear glasses/contacts at the moment. Has anyone been through the Mets process eyesight wise? Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. Corbett1403
    Started by Corbett1403,

    Hi All. I'm currently applying for Specials and almost finished the selection process next assessment day at the end of this month. My question is I have received a letter with an website address for the Foundation course on the MSC training website but I'm able to find the website. Does anyone have the same problem and know a link?.Thought I would ask before I email HR. The website link they have given me below cant seem to find it on the Internet. http://www.met.police.uk/msctraining/index.htm

    • 3 replies
    • 396 views
  8. Bridgestone
    Started by Bridgestone * ,

    Hi folks, so my dads a serving regular sgt and has been for 28 years its always been my dream to become a police officer im currently 16 and am in my last year at school im looking to become a special at 18 and a half but i was just wondering what i can do in those two years to boost my chances of being accepted into the constabulary Thanks Tom Goodyear

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 858 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  9. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    Hi guys, I'm just about to head off to see a throat specialist regarding my tonsils - I'd like to have them taken out and I think he'll recommend doing so. I know it's a big operation and the recovery process is fairly significant (I've read about a month), however I'll be submitting my application at the end of July so I'm concerned the operation will fall right in the middle of it all. A lot of assumptions here, but assuming I get invited to an assessment centre, and assuming I decide to go ahead with the operation, would I be able to put the assessment centre on hold? I can just imagine getting a phone call inviting me to go to one as soon as I'd had the operation and…

    • 9 replies
    • 404 views
  10. Kat046
    Started by Kat046,

    I had my assessment day on 4th July! Got a phone call passed the interview and group discussions, but failed the dictation test by 4 marks which meant I failed the whole lot I really want to appeal to see if I can do the test again as I passed everything else and this test is only for ten minutes.. what do you guys think?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 525 views
  11. NotGuilty

    The MET policy states that: "Your application is likely to be rejected if you have been involved in any of the following (unless there are exceptional and compelling circumstances)" It names offences including 'drunk and disorderly' for which I have a caution. What I want to now before I drop a grand on this CKP con-job is what counts as 'exceptional and compelling circumstances? I believe I have those because my caution involved an allegation of public urination and then questioning an officer as to what he wanted my details for. The arresting officer did not believe it was worth his time explaining the situation to me inlcuding what action he was taking. Then I was…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Kat046
    Started by Kat046,

    I have my assessment day tomorrow :-) anyone has there's?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 836 views
  13. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    Hi there, Quick Question, if you have applied for one force, and are currently in the process are you able to apply for a separate force area & if accepted by both work for both forces or is this not possible? Reason i ask is i'm currently in the process with one force and would like to know if it possible to apply for a second force to keep my options open. Sorry for been badly worded. Look forward to your replys Jay

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 452 views
  14. gilly58a
    Started by gilly58a,

    Hi is there anyone that has transferred their AC results to another force before? I'm just wondering what the process is in doing this? I recently had a AC and scored 57% overall, I needed 60% for that force. Luckily another force will be recruiting soon and their pass mark is 55%. Therefore I will not have to do the AC again. Does anyone else know the process of this? I did ring HR but they didn't really tell me much because the recruitment window isn't open yet. Will I have to do the paper sift stage again? Even tho I passed the core competencies on the paper sift. Surely it makes sense to transfer the paper sifts results aswell as the AC results? Anyone with any inf…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Joker1546081795 +
  15. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    I know with this question there won't be any facts, and it will vary from each recruitment session, but what exactly do the odds seem to be of passing the first stages of recruitment? I seem to be fairly confident with the medical, vetting & fitness. I'm just worried about the first stages, but maybe I'm just lack of confidence? So, lets say, 20 are interviewed, how many actually seem to pass? I see its mostly passes we have on this forum, its rare I see anyone failing. I'm just wondering if the recruitment is actually much to worry about? I've been looking into joining the Specials for around 2 years now, and keep backing down as I don't feel I've learnt enough a…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 557 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.