Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all hope your all well, Im very interested in joining the Police and was wondering what activities/courses etc would help with my application (when recruitment picks up again) As I live in Northern Ireland I cant become a Special or PCSO. What other things would stand me in good light? I work in the lesiure industry so I have face to face contact with the public on a daily basis. Thanks for taking the time to read my post Take care out there Jonny

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 489 views
  2. jviney
    Started by jviney,

    Does anyone know if being a prison pharmacist is a precluded/restricted occupation? Being a Special in training and a Pharmacy student this is an obvious choice for me (amongst other reasons), and something I would very much like to get into in a few years time. I'd also have thought that being a Special would mean potentially such employers might queue around the block for me!

    • 5 replies
    • 491 views
  3. Kat046
    Started by Kat046,

    Does anyone else have there assessment day on the 4th July! :-)

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 771 views
  4. gemmaammeg
    Started by gemmaammeg,

    Hi, Has anyone had the night vision test at all? I heard that people who have had laser surgery potentially have to go through this? Any advice would be great, Thanks, Gemma

    • 12 replies
    • 799 views
    EastLondonSC
  5. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    We can take a look into The very special Specials! First video is an introduction as to what to expect. Second video is what Specials do. Would you have treated this drunk in anyway different then he was treated in this video? This Officer seems to have more then average patience, did very well!! :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy: :smiley_notworthy:

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Dankemp94
    Started by Dankemp94,

    Hi, I've got my assessment day coming up next month for Special Constable for Merseyside Police Can anyone tell me what ill need to know for it. I've spent 2 years as a VPC for the Knowsley area so I know quite a bit about law and policing. Also I know the phonetic alphabet, different department, who's in charge (chief constable, superintendents, etc), different jobs in the police and also know a bit about equality and diversity. I know some of the above is going to be assessed but is there anything that I should know or buy to help me please? Only helpful comments please :)

    • 4 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. atterley3
    Started by atterley3,

    Hi, sorry if this has already been posted somewhere...newbie alert! I want to join the Specials (Cheshire Constabulary) and will be attending an awareness evening for it in July. My original plan was to go to that, then apply but I've seen on the website that they're avertising for Specials now. Do they give you an application form at the awareness evening? Or should I apply online now anyway before having gone to it? The deadline is 20th May so I don't want to miss out in case they don't have any more positions for ages! Thanks

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 741 views
  8. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Does anybody have a link to the practice/mock papers for Specials Assessment Centre? I found one not so long back floating around but I can't seem to locate it now. I only ask as I am pencilled in for the 13th of July and I have been told to just keep refreshing my emails and HR will send me some papers but only once they have enough numbers for the 13th. Which as you can imagine could well be the 12th of July. I have a week of nights coming up next week, seven 11 hour shifts with only Me, myself and I for company and the following week off is valuable preparation that should not be spent sat waiting for emails. Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 493 views
  9. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Does anybody know what forces are recruiting now or will be recruiting at the end of 2013/start of 2014? I really want to be in the Thanks :new_wave:

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Jeebs1546081084
  10. hibbert01
    Started by hibbert01,

    Hi, I am sure someone has answered this already but for the life of me I cannot find it. Is anyone able to provide any decent websites for practice mock maths tests which are of a similar difficulty to those in the new calculator based assessment. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 512 views
  11. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    In relation to this topic: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/138951-mps-vetting-possible-refusal/ The team at HR have got back to me today and are encouraging me to apply for the New Police Constable recruitment this year. So, it doesn't all end in bad news.. Shall keep my fingers crossed. Below is the original thread:

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 854 views
  12. Burekeii
    Started by Burekeii,

    Hi folks, Just been sent the medical screening docs and wondered if anyone that has a similar situation to me could share some knowledge. I've got Psoriasis but its so mild I have only a single patch on my shin about 2 inches wide. Would something like this stop me from being considered as I originally asked earlier in the application and they said it wouldn't probably be an issue. (obviously they are not doctors) Anyone serving on here that has psoriasis? Cheers in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 399 views
  13. Villager
    Started by Villager,

    I've been accepted for the assesment centre next week. If I'm not nervous enough I am also concerned about the vetting stage. My brother was convicted of driving under the influence of drugs and therefore spent time on prison. If I was lucky enough to pass the assesment centre do you think my brothers past convictions will go against me?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 520 views
  14. LeanneSC
    Started by LeanneSC,

    I'm probably going to sound stupid now, but how do you answer these competencies at the interview....do you have to tell them a life experience which include all the positive indicators or can you just tell them things you can or can't do etc? I'm struggling to think of life experiences to match them :new_thmbdn2:

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. Guest NoMore
    Started by Guest NoMore,

    On the medical forms it asks you to list absences/sickness in last 3 years is this where youve had sickness pay and a letter off doctor or general sickness as ive been off due to lookin after my baby when her mums been ill and food poisoning but I never went doctors or even remember the dates as it asks you to list dates Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 415 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.