Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
My friend applied to join the specials sometime last year and as well as vetting, PIR test etc, they also done role play.... Do they still do role play as one of the tests?
-
Hi, Has anyone completed the SEARCH assessment centre in the last 3 months? If so, has the maths element now been changed to include a calculator? Thanks
-
First of all, hello! Basically, my brother is a right little scrote. To be honest, I don't really know what he has been charged with before, I'm guessing stuff like possession of cannabis, shoplifting.. not sure what else. I try to associate myself with him as little as possible and haven't spoken to him properly in quite a while. He occasionally turns up at my parents house although he doesn't live with them. I was if him being my brother is likely to affect my application to be a Special? Nobody else in my family is anything like him, my parents are honest, hard working people. Thanks.
-
Hey guys, I had my Assessment centre for the Regs (leicestershire) yesterday at Ryton. After completing the day i am left very worried because of my Numerical Test. I was pleased with my overall performance minus the Numerical. I only managed to answer 5 Questions that i knew were definitely correct and ended up having to guess the rest because i only had 5 Minutes remaining. I have heard that you cannot pass or fail the Numerical and that everything just gets put together at the end to generate a score, so i am guessing if i have done really poor in the Numerical then i will have had to make up for it elsewhere, So just a couple of questions for any body with any idea;…
-
Good evening I am new to this forum and need some help. I have an assessment day coming up for the regs and was wondering if anyone that has passed this recently have any good tips on what books I should get to prepare me. I am particularly looking at the numerical reasoning test and if there are any books or online pages I could look at to practice. I believe the assessment day has changed since November 2012 and the tests are a lot more difficult. Thank you for all your help.
-
I recently applied to the Met Police special constabulary and I have just found out my father has been to Prison 3 times over the years (last conviction was 2006) He has been to prison for Armed robbery and drink driving x2. I see him on once or twice at most every year and I am worried this will stop me from becoming an officer. Since 2006 he has had no run ins with the Police. Will this jeopardize my chances?
-
Hello All, I have just found out that Occupational Health are requesting to see a report from my GP before i can be booked in for a medical. I am assuming this is due to me declaring the postnatal depression i suffered from in 2009. I was treated with a low dose anti depressants and i stopped receiving treatment in February 2012. I have had no further problems since stopping treatment and I included this information on the form. I am provisionally booked onto the July course and eager for my GP to get the information back to them quickly. I was just wondering if anyone else has had previous experience of this, and what was the outcome? Obviously i understand it is ju…
-
Hiya ? I'm new on here. I've wanted to get into the police force for many years but never really put my mind to it, now, I've never wanted to do something so much and my mind is completely focused on becoming a Special Constable ?! I sent my application form off today, I'm just wondering what comes next if my application is successful? Also, how long after sending the form off do you move to the next stage? (If successful of course) Thanks ? Leanne
-
Good afternoon, I will do my SET tomorrow and hopefully I will do the fitness test too. I was given the route at Fettes (Inverleith park), the route is very similar to the one already posted here sometime ago but I have checked 3 times with different gadgets, all of them show 1.6 miles instead 1.5 miles. I would like to ask if someone have more info and willing to share, how accurate the route is because I am very close to my mark of 1.5 miles and to run extra 0.1 miles I will not run it on time :-( Also, I read also around here (think post was 2012) that the recruitment team don't allow watches, is it true? Thank you very much
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, ive got my medical for Humberside Police today and im just debating weather to wear my shirt an tie or my casual clothes. Any opinions on what I should wear? Cheers
-
I sent off my vetting forms a couple of weeks ago and filled them in to the best of my knowledge. A family member said something today that reminded me that in 2006 I triggered the friendly neighborhood speed camera, I was offered and completed the course to avoid the points. Should I contact HR first thing Monday to let them know this or is it something they wouldn't care about anyway?
-
I've looked at a few forces and it appears these degrees are becoming compulsory for applicants wishing to join as a PC. What do you make of this? The fact you need a degree in Policing to even apply for the role of PC? I'm nearly halfway through my degree in Politics and have a year and a half of being a Special under my belt, so would this mean I wouldn't be able to apply ? Despite having a degree and Policing experience? I feel that many people from disadvantaged backgrounds would struggle with these policies, and applicants are going to be all boring no life experience graduates are they not? Discuss...
-
Hiya, Not a moan or a groan, just a owwwww! This Wed will be the 6th week of waiting for vetting. I'm like a puppy when I walk through my door, all excited, just to find no letter from Vetting I know it can take weeks upon weeks upon months in some cases, I would just like to know now! I think this is the most nervous part of the process...I have nothing to hide or need to be worried just want to know! lol Ahhhhh! That's better! out of my system lol
-
Just got an e-mail back from N. Yorks police about the recent student officer recruitment. I passed the CBQ's, but must have passed on a lowish mark, as I have not been invited to the first assessment day (email says they do the highest scorers on the first). Any information on when these will occur? Months away? Or does it depend on the results from the first assessment group? Will there even be a second if the first group are all successful? Im not sure what way to think about this, should i not hold my breath? Or is this a common occurrence?
-
Im at the latter stages of my application to join the regulars and have passed the application, assessment centre, fitness, interview and medical and am just waiting on my drugs test ( which will be fine!) and the force is asking for my sickness history with my current employer. does anyone know the requirements or how many absences are allowed. they ate asking for the previous 3years. thanks in advance.