Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scoobydoo
    Started by Scoobydoo,

    Hello all, Im sorry that i am asking so many questions lately (i'm a worrier!!!) - i have done a search on this but cant seem to find anything... Do they ask on the medical form how many sick days you have had from work (if not here then where?), if so do they verify this with your employer? What is the max no of days they give as allowed? Many thanks N

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. SophieJae
    Started by SophieJae,

    Hi all First of, sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section! Wasn't sure where to post really. I've just passed all my vetting, fitness and medical and hope to be joining Surrey soon as a PSO. I've never done shift work before and I just wanted to get my head round how shift allowance is actually paid! From what I can remember - its something like £4377pa for the PSO role, but does it depend on what your shift pattern is? Or is it the same for everyone? I assume it's paid monthly on top of your basic. Apologies if I've asked really obvious questions but it's all new to me. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 2.3k views
    fruitandveg +
  3. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok..... Just to check, before I post the paperwork on it's merry way! It's taken me over 3 hours to sift through and double-check everything on my medical records, that relates to the specified questions asked in the form. Has anyone ever just handed the medical questionnaire paperwork to their GP and asked them to fill it in for them? Or is this something we have to do ourselves? I'd have thought most GP's would've said they're too busy or charge a fair bit to do it. There is no statement that needs to be signed by my GP in the paperwork I have. Just can't help but feel that some of the details I've put is so extensive and possibly not necessary, but of course I'v…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 444 views
    Dunkin Donut
  4. ScottTML
    Started by ScottTML,

    Hi all, This may sound like a stupid question but, I have my fitness test on Sunday. Yesterday I pulled a tendent in my foot, so every time I run, it's quite painful. I feel that I could complete the shuttle run to the bare minimum. Would it be better to do this or would it be better to tell them about my injury, if I did what would happen? Would it count against me? Thanks I'm advance, Scott

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 421 views
  5. bobby3
    Started by bobby3,

    Hi, I've been successful in the shortlist stage of the process and just wonder what's next and how long I would have to prepare? The first stage was a very comprehensive application form with competencies etc. It's West Yorks I've applied to but they seem the share the recruitment admin with North Yorks. Thanks for any help.

    • 11 replies
    • 512 views
    TheJazzPolice
  6. heywhatsup
    Started by heywhatsup,

    I really like the frontline police with the Met because of the diversity and range of jobs that they come across with so that part of the question is answered. But I was wondering if anyone does the IT or volunteering work within stations. If you are a met volunteer, do you enjoy it or would you prefer to be working within the btp as a volunteer and vice-versa for the BTP officers.. Any suggestions would deeply help. Thank you

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 529 views
    GoneForgotten
  7. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok, I'm sure you love me for all my questions! lol I've been going through my medical history, GP printed it out and handed it to myself today. I'm having a bit of a nightmare, as I've 3 different listings.....1) Summary. 2) Problems - All. 3) All Notes. Summary lists all major history, surgery, RTA, etc. Problems is a bit more extensive of the summary list and includes some sore throats and even acne! Notes, goes into every visit, including things like stubbed toes, sun-burn, etc. Does anyone know to what extent Occupation Health's access is to our medical records? The only reason I ask, as one example, is where the question is asked about any trouble with knee, …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 473 views
    Dunkin Donut
  8. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok..... Quick and straight forward question. I'm in the process of filling in my medical report (Specials), I'd previously answered the questions I thought I already knew the answers to and left the ones that I wasn't sure of, whilst I awaited a copy of my medical records. It has now become apparent, that I've said 'No' to a couple of answers, when they were in fact a 'Yes'. Is it ok to just put a line through the incorrect answer and just write a 'Yes' next to the question? If that makes sense?! Just one of those things, when you get to a certain age (36) and think you can honestly remember your entire medical history, then realise you can't! :-/ lol

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 461 views
    Dunkin Donut
  9. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Hi all Well I've passed my fitness test. Woho!! Now I await the dreaded medical, it is dreaded for me as I've no hearing in my right ear and have had recent surgery too, as the deaf ear was actually over-sensitive to sound.......Different story though! Been reading through the financial vetting form, I've noticed some of the questions are slightly different to that of the initial application form that I'd done. The one that I am curious to know about though is that of the Student Loan one. Basically, I do have a student loan but I am not due to graduate until September 2014. Then, of course, it's the case of having to earn a certain amount before the loan starts to …

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1k views
    Dunkin Donut
  10. Shark
    Started by Shark,

    Hi all, Basically, i received a phone call today from vetting regarding a train penalty fine. I declared this in the application form, and the pre-vetting form. The person who rang wanted all the details, which i gave. (stupidly tried to use an out of date ticket) i told him all the information, i willing paid the fine within the time. But the thing is, this was the start of 2012, so its less than a year old. I'm really worried that my chances are blown, I cant stop thinking about it. Does anyone have any information that they could share? Thanks in advance. P.s. I would also like to add that this isn't for a Special's role, its for a Police staff role.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. JustBob
    Started by JustBob,

    Hi all, In regards to naming references on the application form, is it acceptable to just list a friend? This particular friend of mine is a general manger at a bar/restaurant and I have known him for 17 years, but under 'how do you know this person' am I required to just write 'long-time friend'? I am surprised it doesn't ask for that particular person's occupation... :new_hmmm:

    • 5 replies
    • 429 views
  12. Rainbow1546621104
    Started by Rainbow1546621104 * ,

    Hello, here is my situation and I don't know what to do. I've been waiting for a long time to join my local special police force in the uk and have passed the fitness stage for the Specials. References and vetting is underway and I have my workbooks to start my training. I've found out I'm in early pregnancy and this baby was unplanned. I already have two children. I haven't seen a midwife yet so I don't know how far gone or even if all is ok. I really really don't know what to do. Would I be able to contribute to train as much as possible whilst pregnant, have the baby then complete training?? As my usual situation allows I can only attend the workshops every other m…

    Aran PatrolStore
  13. Jt1
    Started by Jt1 +,

    Just thought I'd make folk aware! Good luck to all who apply! Link: http://www.south-wales.police.uk/jobs/police-community-support-officers/ JT1990

    • 1 reply
    • 497 views
    FCE1546081696
  14. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello I applied to the BTP for a PCSO position and I failed the interview on 29/01/13, however my own local force , South Wales Police are recruiting PCSO's, however as I understand it am I eligible to apply as BTP are a private force, so there is no reason I cant apply and be eligible? right? So therefore I dont have to wait 6 months, as when I applied to the BTP they had no objections i recently applied to Gwent force as a Special.... Do you think South Wales Police will know if I applied to the BTP anyway? I get the impression the rule is open to interpretation anyway, so I was thinking I should just throw my hat into the ring anyhow. Kind Regards

    • 2 replies
    • 731 views
  15. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok, another question! Just going through the medical questionnaire, having to leave some blanks until I can access my medical records for now. At 36 years old, I've had 7 operations, all of which were minor and routine (Football injury and so on). Just my recent one has been major, due it being done on my head! I've never had any serious accidents (touchwood!!!), apart from 3 rear end car shunts, so my back and neck has taken it's knocks from these but has always fully recovered. Just for peace of mind, are there any serving officers who have had major surgery, bad accidents, etc, before joining, that are now otherwise fully fit and able to work with no problems? Obv…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 467 views
    Dunkin Donut

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.