Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SophieJae
    Started by SophieJae,

    Hi all, I have recently had a successful interview with Surrey Police for a PSO role. I have my fitness test on Mon 15th April but I have just recieved an email asking me to attend an interview on 17th regarding my vetting. Apparently they have some queries they need to clear up. Im worried sick and Im going through my mind would it could possibly be. I have been trying to join the police for about 3-4 years now and Ill be devasted if I fail on vetting! Why do they normally call people in for an interview for vetting? I have never recieved a caution or anything like that, and as far as I know neither have my parents or my half brother. I recieved 6 points on my licence…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2.8k views
  2. James87
    Started by James87,

    Hi, just need some advice really, where i work i know that my line manager sells pirated dvds from her brother, i know this as she hands out a list of available titles, what should i do?? is it worth sticking it on to CRIMINT?? or shall i leave it be?? really dont know what to do here... Thanks

  3. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Hi all, Currently working in the security industry, I believe its a conflict of interest when applying as a special. Is there actually any sectors in the security industry that will let you qualify? CCTV.. Key Holding etc? Something that isn't very public facing.. I'm from Warrington, so any local forces that anyone have experience with related to my situation, it would be great to hear from you!. AJS.

    • 9 replies
    • 536 views
  4. JOLLYxPCSO786
    Started by JOLLYxPCSO786,

    Still waiting for my vetting to clear, its like waiting for a present to come through the chimney. This is the date for the actual INTAKE but the question is how many weeks before will they let me know. I don't think anyone will have the answer to this. But atleasst ill give it try by listening to other peoples experiance.

    • 4 replies
    • 413 views
    JOLLYxPCSO786
  5. L.stick
    Started by L.stick,

    Hi all, I'm wanting to go to my local station tomorrow to Do some of the required e-learning, they have said I'm fine to do so, but what should I be wearing? Would it be just my usual clothes or would I need to wear my uniform trousers and top? Also when doing elearning, do these hours need to be logged? Thanks

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 323 views
  6. JB191
    Started by JB191,

    Hi, I'm thinking of joining the specials (have booked to attend an information evening next week) but I have a concern about my appearance. I have my earlobes pierced with a heavy gauge (about 1cm). I know i'd be required to remove these on duty (and I've got no problem doing that, they slip out very easily), but they leave a visible hole and Im not sure if that's considered acceptable. Typically for a formal setting i'd wear flesh coloured plugs, but i'm aware this isn't acceptable for health and safety. Could anybody advise if it's worth me applying? Cheers!

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Tommo141
    Started by Tommo141,

    Hello - I have my attestation next week (after a good few saturdays of staff protection!) and i need to pin the chrome numbers onto the epaulettes. I am in Hertfordshire Constabulary by the way. Only issue ... i haven't a clue how the layout of everything is suppose to look. Obviously the numbers go on the edge facing outwards, but i also have a 'SC' pin to put on, as well as the Hertfordshire logo. Any help would be appreciated.

    Aran PatrolStore
  8. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    Hi - I was arrested, charged and then acquitted of a FALSE allegation (sexual assault) made by my sister when I was 15 and when she was 8 at the time. I am innocent, please don't question the facts, I had a witness to support my defence and a risk assessment to support my defence (no risk), along with doggy evidence which didn't actually prove anything at all... :new_sneaky2: I have found out that as being acquitted is not classed as an 'adverse judicial finding', I'm am free to join, prior to a couple of checks first though. So my question is, do you agree with my points below? - - - - 1) From doing a bit of research, I have found that I do not have 'taint'. Which…

    • 8 replies
    • 581 views
    Administrative Account
  9. Lawton1986
    Started by Lawton1986,

    Evening all, first post from myself. I have my assessment for nottingham police on Thursday. I'm pretty nervous about the day but I'm preparing as best as I can. Quick query though...... I'm thinking of scenarios relating to the competency interview, as I'm reading them all back I just feel like I'm going over the same things. It's all work related, does that matter? I currently work for a contractor fitting kitchens and bathrooms for the local authorities. As you can imagine I work and deal with a diverse range of people, work in a team every single day and have standards that have to be kept high. I have to remain professional, polite and deliver a service every day. …

    • 4 replies
    • 569 views
  10. Triple9Kay
    Started by Triple9Kay,

    So ive been hearing that there is a second interview for the specials recruitment process in the met. After you pass day 1 you obviously do your day 2 etc. Apparently there is another interview during the recruitment? Is this true?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 511 views
  11. Scott94
    Started by Scott94,

    Just wondered if anybody could tell me what resilience is? And if possible, an example of resilience. Just need to clarify what it is Cheers

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 538 views
    Santisuk1546081549
  12. MSN91
    Started by MSN91,

    Hello I was a Special Constable and decided that i wanted to become a regular. I have passed the application which i am over the moon about and have been given an Assessment date. I am really worried about the interview. In the applciation form i had to evidenece effective communication,problem solving resilience etc. But the compentencie framework has changed to: serving the public,openess to change,service delivery,professionalism,decision making and working with others. I know my application form back to front but am concerned about the questions in the interview. For the role plays i take it i have to demonstrate the new competencies?? Any help or advice would be…

    • 2 replies
    • 543 views
  13. JarreA
    Started by JarreA,

    Hello, this is my first time posting here! Received an email this afternoon inviting me to sit the standard entry test for the Scottish Police... Rather exciting but also worrying! Numeracy isn't my strong point and I was wondering if I w Oh dear, I'm on my phone at the moment didnt mean to press submit... anyway, was wondering if I would be allowed a calculator? And is there anywhere online I could take mock tests specifically to prepare me for this type of test? Thanks very much! :-)

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 774 views
    Steph3n931546081627
  14. Leek
    Started by Leek,

    Hi everyone, I'm hoping to put an application in with the MET soon, and was wondering if anyone might be able to help put my mind at rest? Unfortunately I received a caution for affray over 5 years ago, and wanted to know if this will affect my application in a negative way? Has anybody else joined up successfully with this caution, or similar? If the application did get rejected is there an option to appeal against the rejection? Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks guys

  15. Scott94
    Started by Scott94,

    I just wondered if anyone knew roughly what percentage would you get overall if you got all C's or all D's in the interview? An for the other tests?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 419 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.